phaeden

MCAGCC 29 Palms (Public Beta)

Great to see this update, how did the ai and building use go ? could do with getting them to use your larger buildings, would be really nice..:)

Thanks for your great work so far.. Downloading it now..

Great to get such detailed realistic terrain for the game, together with new fitting buildings.

A look at the horizon reminded me of Fallout New Vegas but this time I can climb the mountains.

As the menu cutscenes of the island weren't working/missing, you've probably got to do this to fix it.

Oh and one of the two stories buildings I tried to enter had an invisible wall in front of the entrance, and I did fall right through the outer stairs leading up.

Hey phaeden,

Ive finally managed to get in and have a look and i see you have changed the building types for more "western" looking buildings:butbut: for me it changed the whole middle eastern feel that the previous buildings gave, now i feel like im in Texas:D i prefered the original buildings used just quietly, especially the ability to get onto the roofs.. anyways my 5c... all else is sweet.

Hey phaeden,

Ive finally managed to get in and have a look and i see you have changed the building types for more "western" looking buildings:butbut: for me it changed the whole middle eastern feel that the previous buildings gave, now i feel like im in Texas:D i prefered the original buildings used just quietly, especially the ability to get onto the roofs.. anyways my 5c... all else is sweet.

Well if you havn't noticed this is not in the middle east it's in america just saying ;)

Regards Astast

Well if you havn't noticed this is not in the middle east it's in america just saying ;)
.....This terrain is based on the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center base in California.

Shit! Lol ok I didn't notice, guess I'll look for that harley davidson mod :)

Shit! Lol ok I didn't notice, guess I'll look for that harley davidson mod :)

Haha :D good luck brother ;)

Regards Astast

I have downloaded this 3 times now and every single time it says they files were not compressed correctly. Last time I tried it was jan 10. Is there any good link?

I don't know about file validity but I've never seen such a slow DL. 24M done; 275M to go; ETA 2hrs 10mins at 38KB/S. That's on FTP1.

But get this: ETA 25mins on FTP2.

heads up!

Map is amazing man, you did a hell of a job on it. A lot of detail was definatly put into this map, and glad to see a USMC specific map on here perfect for training!! I downloaded it pretty rescently and I got my entire clan to adopt it, (1st MSOB). I love the whole map, we are gonna use it for our entire training regiment. If i could choose one specific thing to tweek, it would be to possible add some more shooting ranges aka more that are just nice and flat, or even kind up on a birm for the shooting platform and slowly slope down hill and back up a tich towards then end if you get what im getting at. I noticed at the ranges i have found so far (and still lokking cause the map is monsterous lol) that some are really nice except there isnt really a clear position for shooting platforms aka the spot is uneven terrain etc. Other than those tweeks i love it cant wait till the beta phase is done and it becomes permenant!!

PS: On the shooting range area you have, the biggest range their are two buildings at the end of it down in a ditch, would it be at all possible to either get rid of those or lower them because I have set up a 500yd rifle qualifiaction range and they block the targets at the 500yd line.

Has anyone got a link to the airfield lights mission template? The link on Gamefront is nonworking. At least for me.

Finally gave it a try aaand... damn, this is the one of the most amazing maps I ever saw! :eek:

This map is simply brilliant, even though it's not completed.

that´s my favourite map for a long time now.

am i allowed to post some pictures in the arma 3 section? this map looks so hot in arma 3...

If somebody is having this weird sound bug the only thing you have to do to fix it it's put this variable in the init.sqf: enableEnvironment false;

The animal/bird sound, you mean ?

If yes, then no I don't get that on this terrain.

If somebody is having this weird sound bug the only thing you have to do to fix it it's put this variable in the init.sqf: enableEnvironment false;

I have seen this happen on ARMA 3.  The random sounds a being played much louder.  I have managed to fix the map pbo and remove the problem (at least in ARMA 3), this pbo has not been tested in A2

I have seen this happen on ARMA 3.  The random sounds a being played much louder.  I have managed to fix the map pbo and remove the problem (at least in ARMA 3), this pbo has not been tested in A2

Do we just need that one pbo to use the map?Or do we download the map from armaholic and add your pbo in?

Do we just need that one pbo to use the map?Or do we download the map from armaholic and add your pbo in?

If you download the previous file, you will need to download the original from Armaholic and replace the wgl_palms.pbo file with the new one.

I have uploaded a full version with the optional fix included.  You can find that at the following link.

• Like 1

I am surprised the map's sky was not all messed up after the lighting update like so many other maps. Like Hindu Kush.. :(