phaeden

MCAGCC 29 Palms (Public Beta)

Just a note on some off the buildings, I've noticed ai can get stuck inside and maybe outside of some of them, this from the buildings in the lower left area of the map, other than that the buildings are awesome, and look very natrual.

That lower left area is my favorite area, I like setting up missions there.

Delta, thanks for the feedback.

I've been working on the buildings and map a bit but not as much as I'd like to in the past few weeks. I am hoping to release the 1st update next week (but no promises).

The firing ranges (at least some of them) are to the northwest of Mainside. If you follow the road north out of mainside, turn east at the first main intersection (you'll pass by a large rocky outcropping) and then find yourself in a valley between hills to your north and south. There are a number of buildings in this area. The firing ranges are just to the north of these buildings. I'm sorry I don't have a grid for you at the moment - I just wanted to get you pointed in the right direction.

I didn't really get the rocky outcropping but I think I managed to follow your directions otherwise. Are they the ones near 134141. There are a few bunkers per range. Two ranges here. Are there other ranges?

Oh, forgot to mention. If I am in the right area with regards to the 2 firing ranges I think I found there is a very large building there (3 stories if I remember correctly). On the roof there seems to be red flashing lights. I went through the building to attempt to see what was up there on the roof but the staircase to the top structure on top of the roof seems to block movement. I can walk about half way up the staircase and then there is some sort of invisible barrier there.

Delta99, I'll look into that and fix it before the next release. Thanks!

Map is amazing man, you did a hell of a job on it. A lot of detail was definatly put into this map, and glad to see a USMC specific map on here perfect for training!! I downloaded it pretty rescently and I got my entire clan to adopt it, (1st MSOB). I love the whole map, we are gonna use it for our entire training regiment. If i could choose one specific thing to tweek, it would be to possible add some more shooting ranges aka more that are just nice and flat, or even kind up on a birm for the shooting platform and slowly slope down hill and back up a tich towards then end if you get what im getting at. I noticed at the ranges i have found so far (and still lokking cause the map is monsterous lol) that some are really nice except there isnt really a clear position for shooting platforms aka the spot is uneven terrain etc. Other than those tweeks i love it cant wait till the beta phase is done and it becomes permenant!!

First of all, it's a great map and I've loved it so far.

There seems to be some sort of problem with Y-axis on grid coordinates. Tried to use Vector 21 with DAGR in ACE and noticed that all coordinates are off the grid on Yankee axis for roughly 800 units (for instance 131930 instead of 131130). Any idea what might be causing it aside from possible conflicts with ACE?

The grids were messed up in the first release, he fixed it in his current build, but I am pretty sure it hasn't been released yet. :)

Hello all,

I have completed the next round of corrections. The map is technically still in BETA as there are some things that are not yet complete but it is nearly done.

Please see the first page for download information. I greatly appreciate any mirrors or hosting as that site is a bit of a pain in the neck to get the download. If anyone knows how to contact Six so that the addon could be added to the Six Updater, I'd appreciate you letting me know.

As for changes, there are many but the highlights are:

* Updated models (improvements and enhancements) - I've compromised the low poly count of the first models with a call for higher poly buildings

* mountain terrain is more rugged in the central mountain region (as a test) and makes it much harder to drive a vehicle through the actual mountains - it also makes fighting against infantry all that much harder and more rewarding

* additional settlements and significant changes to former built up areas

* reworked the satmap and heightmap for better alignment and more realistic looking terrain

* all addon files now have BI signatures

I've been working on some missions but they are not quite yet ready for a release as well (I could use some testers if anyone is interested). If you are willing to help with making missions, please let me know and I will include them in a mission pack to be released soon. Also, if you're a mission maker that would grant me permission to modify your mission for this terrain, please just let me know.

If you're part of a large squad based group (e.g. ShackTac, 15th MEU, 1st MSOB) and have missions you'd like me to convert, please just let me know where I can download the missions and I will work on converting them.

As always, your feedback is encouraged and greatly appreciated. Hopefully, you'll see how former input from you has resulted in changes to this version.

Edited by phaeden

Thanks Lao - have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Thanks, Phaeden. I just download it, but the 301MB zip file seems broken, I can't unzip it. Please check!

Thanks, Phaeden. I just download it, but the 301MB zip file seems broken, I can't unzip it. Please check!

Me too, probably best too wait for mirrors/armaholic, I'm curious if there is much of a performance hit as the first release ran very smooth on my system... Looking forward to it.

Hmmmm... not sure why its not working. I downloaded and tested each of the three uploads to make sure they all worked. Sorry about it not working for you. Which one did you download from? I will remove it until other mirrors are generated.

As for the performance hit, on my system I dropped 1-3 FPS when in built up areas as a result of the higher poly-count buildings. In more open areas, I have not seen any reduction in FPS.

I normally run with at least 5,000 meter view distance but will crank that up to 19,999 meters if I am using air.

Hopefully, it will still run very smoothly on everyone's systems. If not, I can look at adding additional LODs to help with the CPU/GPU workload.

Yeah to be honest that host sucks. I encountered the same error where it won't let me unpack and went to try to redownload and it said i had to wait something like 4 hrs to try again.

Try using dropbox or mediafire.

Ok, I will remove the links for now.

Thanks and sorry for the frustration.

The file from Gigasize is broken and the file in Rapid Share can't be downloaded, it says "File owner's public traffic exhausted", dunno why?

Beta DEC 2012:

the first mirror give me: File owner's public traffic exhausted.

the second mirror give me a corrupted file. now i'm trying to download again.

@Phaeden,

Why don't you use the Filefront, which seldom broke uploaded file. Feel so bad that I can't use the new version island.