Sign in to follow this  
Warchamp84

Some questions for clarification

I'm about to buy this game, but a few questions i have before i go off and do that.

1) Does this game have land war(i know it does) but i mean are all engagements made from sea(carrier) to land(island) or can there be land to land, for example i control half the island and the enemy controls half. so i quickly build up factories to spawn units on the island to attack/defend instead of the carriers being the main focus point for defense and offense. Becasue as far as i have seen in some videos the game revolves mostly around the Carrier, so does that mean i can not control other units on other islands simultaneously?

2) Does this game have Submarines or other naval units that can support onshore and offshore engagements?

3) Multiplayer or Coop,YES i know this game does not have it, but i was wondering will they in the future? or do they have future plans for expansions and additions for this game to keep it going?

EDIT LAST QUESTION: 4) I've noticed that the carrier can command a maximum of 8 units, which must be in its range to command. Does that effectively mean that you cannot not do multiple attacks on different islands or for different situations like having to defend and island where your carrier is not present. In other words does this mean i can only deploy a maximum of 8 units throughout my whole game. Since i believe mods will change this, but having only one carrier to defend 30+ islands in the full game is a bit off, and kind of degrades the grand strategy aspect if you know what i mean. At least being able to defend(not offensive) your islands without the carrier should be a possibility as long as you command station is alive.

Sorry if these have already been answered, did some searching but still quite new to the forums. Quick and brief replies would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Warchamp84

1. & 2. i'm not sure, maybe in the future or as a mod.

3. Yes they will add it in the future as a patch.

1. & 2. i'm not sure, maybe in the future or as a mod.

3. Yes they will add it in the future as a patch.

Sweet, well that sells it for me. The thought of just vs someone or having coop in a game like this is very interesting and a sandbox of its own.

Hi Warchamp84,

1) Does this game have land war(i know it does) but i mean are all engagements made from sea(carrier) to land(island) or can there be land to land, for example i control half the island and the enemy controls half. so i quickly build up factories to spawn units on the island to attack/defend instead of the carriers being the main focus point for defense and offense. Becasue as far as i have seen in some videos the game revolves mostly around the Carrier, so does that mean i can not control other units on other islands simultaneously?

The game is about the Carrier to land combat. So you sail in real time from island to island trying to take them all. At the same time the enemy Carrier is doing the same thing. However, as the game will be very moddable, what you want (regarding single island combat RTS style) will be entirely possible.

2) Does this game have Submarines or other naval units that can support onshore and offshore engagements?

You only have the Carrier at your disposal, with a supply submarine for transferring goods to the Carrier. If you encounter the enemy Carrier, then you can of course deploy your units, but no other ships are there to help.

3) Multiplayer or Coop,YES i know this game does not have it, but i was wondering will they in the future? or do they have future plans for expansions and additions for this game to keep it going?

Definitely something we want. At E3 and GamesCom this was always asked. If the game is successful then it is definitely not out of question that multiplayer would be added later on.

Hope that answers your questions.

I believe that this can be answered here, as I haven't found this elsewhere yet. I purchased the play and contribute standard edition, later upgraded to the edition that includes a steam edition/key when available.

So the question is, when will the steam key/edition be made available in the BI store or emailed(I'm guessing) to those who bought that version of the play and contribute? :confused: Just like having all my games in 1 location on the interwebs.

Also, the suggestion for other units under your control might not be a bad idea. Consider that since your carrier is always at sea, have a naval unit that goes in the walrus dock/slot of the carrier, give it better range/ammo cap to support carrier vs carrier combat. Or to have an armor "upgrade" for walruses that allows for that type of use, maybe torpedo launchers or other naval vs naval weapons in those instances.

Above all keep up the good work.

I wanted to make a pre-order from store.bistudio.com, but have a question. This version contains a Russian language?

I'm about to buy this game, but a few questions i have before i go off and do that.

EDIT LAST QUESTION: 4) I've noticed that the carrier can command a maximum of 8 units, which must be in its range to command. Does that effectively mean that you cannot not do multiple attacks on different islands or for different situations like having to defend and island where your carrier is not present. In other words does this mean i can only deploy a maximum of 8 units throughout my whole game. Since i believe mods will change this, but having only one carrier to defend 30+ islands in the full game is a bit off, and kind of degrades the grand strategy aspect if you know what i mean. At least being able to defend(not offensive) your islands without the carrier should be a possibility as long as you command station is alive.

Sorry if these have already been answered, did some searching but still quite new to the forums. Quick and brief replies would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You may want to read up a little bit more on what the concept of this is otherwise you're just expecting an entirely different game and it will end up disappointing. Carrier Command isn't about managing a lot of vehicles across a whole map at any one time but by using islands as a form of strategy with vehicles playing more a role with immediate and neighbouring islands. The core basis is the planning of islands regards to how much defence you have and how much you mine and make. You can't build factories and have them pump out vehicles like in c+c say, islands are in fact defined one of three roles, with a factory's role to produce the parts/vehicles providing you have enough materials mined by islands chosen to be mining. All parts are held at one designated Stockpile island which can be changed to another island of yours as indeed all island types can- with a wait time required to do so. Finally an island set up to be a defence one as expected does not produce or mine but defends attacks. This same strategy then applying to the enemy Carrier and this requires that you read the entire 30 islands tactically

It sounds a little alien to someone expecting an entirely different experience but it's better for not being in the vein of mass vehicles quite honestly and original fans would be fairly horrified it the formula was messed with so drastically

Surprised nobody here has explained this

Edited by ADROPACRICH2

So the question is, when will the steam key/edition be made available in the BI store or emailed(I'm guessing) to those who bought that version of the play and contribute? :confused: Just like having all my games in 1 location on the interwebs.

Hi Spartan, we're not sure when exactly we'll provide the Steam keys, but it should be a few days before release on 28 September: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137756-Does-the-Final-Game-from-Bohemia-Store-install-on-Steam&p=2217052&viewfull=1#post2217052

We'll keep you posted!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

I wanted to make a pre-order from store.bistudio.com, but have a question. This version contains a Russian language?

Hi atannet, the Store.bistudio.com copy of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will include Russian localization (full game). The beta, however, is in English.

Definitely something we want. At E3 and GamesCom this was always asked. If the game is successful then it is definitely not out of question that multiplayer would be added later on.

Is it me or does every posting about MP make it sound less and less likely that it is going to happen.

First it was going to happen.

Then they wanted it to happen.

Then it was going to happen IF the game was a success.

NOW if the game is a success it will possibly happen........

G

My bet :)

[ ] It will happen

[x] They'll spend time making a perfect SP game

[x] which is good

Hi Spartan, we're not sure when exactly we'll provide the Steam keys, but it should be a few days before release on 28 September: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137756-Does-the-Final-Game-from-Bohemia-Store-install-on-Steam&p=2217052&viewfull=1#post2217052

We'll keep you posted!

Thanks for the response, looking forward to the full game.

Also, is there any chance of having some more naval gear for walruses? My suggestion for an armor equip and/or naval weapons(example: you need mk2 armor for some of the guns) for supporting carrier vs carrier combat might make the game more interesting if you play till enemy carrier is destroyed. Having some walruses with torpedoes could really help an encounter if you deploy them early for support or mid battle to prevent the enemy from retreating, letting you finish them off with the main guns.