Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

ShackTac Interact (ACE2 req'd)

ShackTac Interact is a small addon I created awhile back for our in-house use, which has been asked for by other communities and is now being made public.

ShackTac Interact requires ACE2 and CBA. Note that a server (or mission) must allow this addon for it to function. ShackTac Interact introduces two new features, as follows:

Join Player Group

St_other_interact1.jpg

This option becomes available when you walk up to a player and press your interact key. You will see a ST-orange 'ShackTac' menu item - click on this, and you will have a 'Join their group' option. When you select this, you immediately join that player's group. Note that this only works on players, not AI.

Take command of current group

St_self_interact1.jpg

Press your self interact key and you will see 'ShackTac Self' as an option - click it and you will have an option to take command of your current group. This can be used if you were wounded as an FTL or otherwise lost command for some reason. This can also be used in the event that the order of seniority gets out of whack and somebody out-of-order needs to assume group leadership.

I've put together a short video demonstrating how to use the features:

You can download st_interact from:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/shacktac/files

Server admins:

There are two ways you can set this up - either enabled or disabled by default for all missions on your server.

To have st_interact DISABLED unless a mission specifically initializes it, do not put the "st_interact_enabler.pbo" on your server. If you do this, a mission will need to run the following code to turn it on:

st_interact_group_enablerPBO = true; publicVariable "st_interact_group_enablerPBO";

If you want to have st_interact enabled for all missions by default, simply include the st_interact_enabler.pbo in your server's addons.

Mission Designer Notes

If you have a mission where you want to prevent a unit from being able to use this, simply do this command locally for that unit:

st_interact_allow_group_interactions = false

Final Notes

I have tested this briefly to ensure that the st_interact_enabler.pbo addon works as desired, and it seems to function fine. If you run into any issues, let me know here or on the tracker. Note that ST plays without respawn, so I can't guarantee how this will work when respawn is being used. It handles our join-in-progress usage fine, though. We've been using this addon (minus the interact_enabler) for quite some time now successfully.

Yes!

Thank you very much for releasing this Dslyecxi!

Plz do me a favor and upload this to SixUpdater!

Edited by TOTAL22

Thanks Dslyecxi! This is must have!

Great feature! Will add a lot more flexibility to group management and tactics :cool:

I actually did some prototyping for similar functionality recently - saves me some work :p

Hello,

great and awesome idea, many thanks Dslyecxi for sharing this!:)

As Ollem wrote: Much more flexibility and tactical options.

Cheers

McLupo

Edited by McLupo

Unintended problem! You can help move body of ENTIRE HOUSES etc, might want to fix that XD The only way to fix the house was for -everyone- who was on in any way when it happened to reboot.

Unintended problem! You can help move body of ENTIRE HOUSES etc, might want to fix that XD The only way to fix the house was for -everyone- who was on in any way when it happened to reboot.

Uh......... what? I think you have the wrong thread...

Uh......... what? I think you have the wrong thread...

Not wrong thread but I guess it might be something else we simply never noticed before. Who knows we are going through alot of new stuff and likely just missed it, dismiss my post, apologies.

Hey Dslyecxi, is there any way you can enable this to work for joining AI groups? I have a plan that I'm working on for my unit and the ability to switch between AI groups to give them orders then switch back would be insanely useful.

Interesting. Can it be used even for multilevel command - I mean team-leader has his subordinates and squad-leader leads the team-leaders - so does the squad-leader see the team leaders as his subordinates?

I am using the shack tac ui with ace 3 and there is a conflict. Whenever i try to interact with another player the shacktac interact opens up which makes me not being able to interact with players. How do i change the shack tac interact key?