Sign in to follow this  
ericinexile

How do I Uninstall (Reinstall)?

I seem to have toasted my ToH (1.05) installation by attempting to patch it to the beta 1.06 (aka "Rearmed" RC2). I used the uninstall executable in the Takonhelicopters folder to delete the game and deleted the ToH folder itself. I then downloaded 1.05 from the Bohemia Store. The installation executable said that ToH was "already installed". I continued with the installation anyway but the game CTD'd before the splash screen with the same errors that I recieved after patching the original with the RC of the beta patch. First, why would ToH still be installed after uninstalling and with the ToH folder deleted? Second, how can I make it like it the game never existed on my PC so I can start with a clean slate? I am not trying to fix the current installation. I want to start anew so that the installer does not see any existing version of the game.

OK, so just in case others run into this same problem here is my solution. (You are welcome to comment about how obvious this is or how a search would have yielded a similar resolution.):

Before running any beta patch OR before uninstalling FIRST run ToH and uncheck all Expansions except TakeOnHelicopters, Hinds, and jre. Relaunch the game, then exit. In the ToH folder, using the Unistall executable, first uninstall AS ADMINISTRATOR any beta patch. Then uninstall TOH. Check with with windows control panel to be sure that Toh is uninstalled. You should now be able to reinstall. Installer may warn that ToH is already installed (it did with me) but it should work nonetheless.