Sign in to follow this  
MrSanchez

[Arma2 vanilla] Why is my sniper not shooting civvies/friendlies

I put it in this section as I was doubting if its really troubleshooting.. more like a question to me..

so... i let my (USMC) sniper target a 'Functionary'(civ) and i order the 'FIRE' command, but hes not shooting.. nothing else like 'Engage' or so worked..

Is the sniper too nice to fire at an unarmed civilian? lol :D

Any way of making him evil??? :mad:

btw i've got another question... im not sure but the only 2 silenced sniper rifles are the ksvk and the vss vintorez, right? the ksvk is an anti material rifle so should produce some more sound than the vss vintorez obviously.

So uhhm, how silenced is the KSVK actually? like from what range AIs are able to ...hear/spot (idk) you.

edit: fail.. just had a relook at the KSVK.. It isn't supressed isn't it? any way of making him shoot civvies? (force)

Edited by PhonicStudios

The KVSK isn't silenced at all, and there is no way of getting your units to engage friendlies without editor commands.

the easiest way would be to group the civs to an OPFOR unit (if playing BLUFOR), just make sure you set the Opfor to 0% chance of spawning.

And use the search, this has been covered plenty of times already. I put "site:forums.bistudio.com get guys to shoot civs" in google and it came up with a bunch of results.

Edited by Doombug

Yeah, i've searched but its all code... i actually meant as a squad leader on a server not made by me (warfare e.g.) anyway... as I got my answer already I've got a new question..

Will missions that I created on Combined Ops work if people using arma 2 (free) connect? will they be able to connect? Because I have a mission with the unitcapture/play, which is only in OA/CO, while the mission is made in OA/CO will people using Arma 2 (free) be able to join?