Sign in to follow this  
andi31

ArmAIII languages

Hi,

I just have a question:

Which languages have full audio support in ArmAIII? In the last 3 games it was just english.

It would be nice if you could add german, and other languages finally after 10 years of ArmA! ;)

Its horrible to read always the small text on the left side (I read it from person 1 while person 2 speaks already and then person 3 speaks and the text from person 1 is away and I don't know what he was speaking because I was to slow...... ehhh..) (and I have ArmAII on steam so have to translate it, too).

I hope ArmAIII will change this!

Thanks for your anwers :)

Best regards, Andi

Well, the game itself is available in German (besides Polish, Russian, Spanish, Italian, I think), which means that the menus, subtitles, etc. are in those languages.

But for the different fractions in Arma (since OFP) it was not just English! They speak their own language. Russians speak Russian, US and BAF speak English, etc. And this is good and should NOT be changed! And I'm sure that it will stay like this in Arma 3.

I feel with you as sometimes one can't get reading the wall of text which is being spoken, but if you have the game (the subtitles) in your mother language (e.g. German for you I guess), it should be easier to read.

By the way... Would be great to hear Germans (KSK) speaking German too. :)

Edited by Undeceived

Well A3 takes places in Greece (Limnos/Stratis) and the main factions are US/(UK), Iranian Forces and maybe Greek Resistance.... would be wrong to assume that all those units/soldiers could speak german language like their mother tongue. Its not too hard to learn english and understand those few english subtitles in Armaverse. "Wall of text" is exaggerating... perhaps start reading some books in english and compare it to the lines of text in a game. ;)

Understanding English is not the problem :) ..but the "wall of text".

@Undeceived No, I have A2 not in my motherlanguage because steam has no german version (can I anywhere "patch" this?)

Of course it's not always english (russians speaking russian etc.) but usually your palying an english speaking guy ;)

And the KSK speaks English ^^ But think, if in COD, Battlefield everyone would speak english I would get a hardattack.

So I meant: If the faction you play would speak the language you have selected you could understand the game story and the instructions/radio much better (I often down't know where he has seen an enemy etc)

But it seems that this isn't the case.

But in anyway thanks for the answers :)

aside already-supported, would b nice to see Portugal[variation of Spanish in case if you didn't know;], Japan, Hindu and Simplified Chinese :)

"Wall of text" is exaggerating...

I disagree here! My English is quite good for a non-native speaker but under fire or having to command your group you quickly get lost reading the radio protocoll. Just imagine HQ giving a medium sized order or information in 2 or 3 different sentences while the group members are reporting tons of enemy contacts - there you have the wall of text!

It is just not a wall of text because the text disappears on the top of the text box as new sentences come in from below! ;)

It's a task for german publisher, not BIS. Everything is moddable so its not a big deal. You should bother the one who distributes the game in your country to make a proper localisation.

aside already-supported, would b nice to see Portugal[variation of Spanish in case if you didn't know;], Japan, Hindu and Simplified Chinese :)

Portuguese is a romance language, and as Spanish is, Portuguese is derived from Vulgar latin. It may look similar, but Portuguese isn't a variation of Spanish. :)

regarding steam release, please include russian localization this time. I and many of my russian friends, love steam, and it was really disappointing, to have english only, we had to use fanmade localization changer etc. What was the reason, to exclude russian loc. in steam? :)

What was the reason, to exclude russian loc. in steam? :)

You'll have to ask Steam/Valve.

AFAIK the publisher decides which languages to include in their distribution.

we had to use fanmade localization changer etc.

Does this change the main language of the game (like menu, subtitles etc.)? When yes.. I wanna have it! :) ..I want to play ArmAII in german! I hate it when I don't know some english words, meanings, expressions.

If not, does anyone know if I can change my steam ArmAII to german?

And while we're talking about steam.. will be ArmAII:ACR and ArmAIII avilable on steam? (I know, everyone hates this question ;))

Edited by Andi31

Does this change the main language of the game (like menu, subtitles etc.)? When yes.. I wanna have it! :) ..I want to play ArmAII in german! I hate it when I don't know some english words, meanings, expressions.

If not, does anyone know if I can change my steam ArmAII to german?

And while we're talking about steam.. will be ArmAII:ACR and ArmAIII avilable on steam? (I know, everyone hates this question ;))

yes, german is also missing, which is even more strange... But sry, this patch was for russian language only.

Edited by NeuroFunker
who cares?

You'll have to ask Steam/Valve.

AFAIK the publisher decides which languages to include in their distribution.

You dont understand how steam works do you. Everything is dependent on the developer or publisher, in this case BIS interacts directly with Steam. Steam only provides the tools and approval.