Sign in to follow this  
Canadianmade

Make solders leave group follow own waypoint

what I am trying to do is scirpt soldiers riding in a landing craft. ( have them start in-cargo) then I would like then to seperate and follow there own waypoints. Any help would be great.

Why do they need to be under the same commander group?

have two groups and order them to board the chopper..

/A

Yep

Make two groups.

Put the squad into the heli with the command.

this moveincargo "vehiclename"

You don t even have to select "in cargo" in the units special menu.

Put the first waypoint of the squad at the insertion point make it "get out".

Make waypoints for the vehicle until insertion make that a "transport unload" waypoint.  Synchronise this waypoint with the "get out " waypoint of the squad. And finish up the waypoints with whatever you like after that.

Greetz

abd if you want them to be one group again after they been do their diffrent waypoints you can use the "GroupArray join Leader" command where GroupArray is an array with the units to join and Leader is the name of the leader that the goruparray should join....

Okay, it´s an old thread, but it´s almost the same problem that I have.

I have a chopper, let´s call him chop2 that I want to join another chopper (chop1), wich works fine using a join-wp for chop2.(chop2 is then Nr.3 in the "squad")

But after a couple of waypoints I want chop2 to split with chop1 and follow his own waypoints.

So in the "on activation" field of chop1´s waypoint where I want them to split I put : [chop2] join chop2 .

But the command that comes out when I preview it is "3 follow 1",not "3 follow 3" and nothing changes, he´s still under my command.

?!?

Hmm, he leaves my group now with this command but doesn´t follow his waypoints, he just hovers there... sad.gif

I tried synchronizing his next waypoint with my wp where he leaves me, also with my wp after that one, but he still stays where he is...

Yep, that's THE big problem.

He doesn't even have any WP, cause its group (grpNull) doesn't have any. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

You have to assign new WP with the move command. Problem is that it only creates MOVE type WP, so behaviour has to be set by setBehaviour, setCombatMode, and hoping it will go right, or by scripting, which is long and not always efficient.

But, I'm just thinking about a little trick (hehehe) :

Create your units with chop1, chop2, make them rejoin and follow their WP, then separate chop2 from the group.

You end up w/ an unit without any WP, standing there stupidly.

You want it to go there, get in that car, drive to that place, get in chopper, etc...

So, create another unit (for example dumbMan) wich will be used only to create these WP (MOVE, GETIN car, MOVE, GETOUT, GETIN chopper), with a condition in the first WP to make it stop.

instead of a [chop2] join grpNull, make a [chop2] join group dumbMan. You then only have to delete dumbMan :

[chop2] join group dumbMan

deleteUnit dumbMan

You end up with your chop2 unit in the group having the correct WPs....

I gotta test this one today.....

Whis'