Sign in to follow this  
Zumbi

remoteexec.txt and createvehicle.txt - not working on 1.62.95251, beta required?

The newest remote script detection/blocking features do not appear to be working on my server, which is running the latest official release, 1.62.95251. I have remoteexec.txt and createvehicle.txt in my BattlEye working directory, but they are not creating any .log files, even though the server is being ruined by hackers constantly, and there should at least be some false positive detections from createvehicle.txt.

From looking around online, it sounds like I must update to a recent beta like 1.62.96061/1.62.96063 for remoteexec.txt and createvehicle.txt to work.

However, my game server provider will not let me run a beta version, because they don't allow renters to change the .exe, and they don't believe that a critical security update would come out in a beta version, absent an official release.

Would a BIS employee/representative be kind enough to explicitly confirm that this is the case (beta required for remote logging/blocking)? This would really help non-DayZ server renters like myself to convince our providers to let us update to the beta.