Sign in to follow this  
Gundam Meister

How to make a mod?

First find out what you want to change about the game then search here and on OFPECs forum for tips.

STGN

"How to make a mod?" is a bit general.And is it possible you're confusing mod with addon?

A mod,short for modification,in OFP at least,can be considered a project which utilises a mod folder.In the folder there would usually be a modified config.cpp and/or resource.cpp.These would effectively be used to change the look and feel of the default game.New content could be packaged with the project.Such as models,textures and sounds.Although it could still be called a mod without them.

An addon is usually a self contained package.Although they could also form the basis of a mod.

If you're just starting out,then creating a small addon would be the best way to get into it.

The Config.cpp is something you'll definitely need to get familiar with.So do some research

as STGN suggests.And it would indeed be good to get a solid idea together before

you go any further.

:)

Sometime ago, I too asked something similar, because I've been wanting to make addon packs relating to Command and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (1995 era), and all I wanted was to, basically, just re-skin existing assets (at least for temporarily). Someone told me, but I'm still having a bit of trouble understanding this concept still. I guess I'm just stupid or something. XD

The easiest way would be to use Sanctuary's modders resources, with infantry model and texture templates.