Sign in to follow this  
HKFlash

Controls Scheme & User Interface Feedback

What would "weapons" entail in that hypothetical subcategory?

Hm, think more like 'weapon handling'; e.g., fire, reload, fire mode, optics, alt-optics, zeroing, etc.

Maybe a couple of surprises, too. :cool:

Best,

RiE

Hm, think more like 'weapon handling'; e.g., fire, reload, fire mode, optics, alt-optics, zeroing, etc.

Best,

RiE

A separate "fire mode" key is a good start. Surprises are even better. :D

Best,

RiE

best news regarding A3 after physix ;)

Sorry, but what is the big deal with that? :confused:

Sorry, but what is the big deal with that? :confused:

You don´t have to cycle through all your grenades if you weant to set the gun on single shot.

Just do it somewhat like ACE

Shift + 1 - selects primary weapon if not selected, switches between fire modes

Shift + 2 - switches to the underbarrel weapon (shotgun or gl) if not selected, deploys GL sights

Shift + 3 - selects grenades, switches between throwing modes (over the top, direct throw, rolling)

Shift + 4 - selects smoke grenades, same stuff as above

Shift + 5 - switches to pistol

I think it would work much better than what we have now at least and all are within left hand's reach

Also pressing mouse wheel while holding down RMB to switch between optics would be quite usable too instead of / (since you hold RMB to aim anyway)

Edited by metalcraze

You don´t have to cycle through all your grenades if you weant to set the gun on single shot.

HOOYAH for that.

I think some of JCDBionicman's suggestions have merit, albeit disregarding the suggested keys. As I understand it, he is mostly interested in being able to play the game with a gamepad anyway, so IMO his suggestions can really be simplified to the following:

1. Make any combination of gamepad buttons, keyboard keys and mouse buttons/movement (re-)bindable. (For example KEY + MOUSE LEFT/RIGHT, which is currently impossible.)

2. Ensure that all keys and buttons can be bound by single tap, double tap and hold. (Btw. make the "hold down" time configurable too.)

3. Add easily navigable menus to facilitate weapon interaction etc.

4. Provide one or more full-featured default gamepad layouts that make use of these enhanced bindings.

Does that cover it?

very much like this especially 2. (hold and definable hold period), I would only add the option to bind actions to analogue control points thinking thumb sticks for pads or game boards (G13).

For example 0 degrees 0-25% walk + W, 25-50% combat jog + W, 50-75% run + W and 75-100% sprint + W and the same modifiers but at 45 degrees movement speed + W+D etc. Or 0-33% press key 33-66% toggle then press key and 66-100% hold(modifier) then press key etc.

That is of course if there is not an analogue speed increase for on foot planned.

Just quick question, and sorry if in the wrong place :(

Is it possible to turn off speed sensitive steering in the land vehicles, using a wheel and pedals for the land vehicles and the steering is obviously geared for controllers etc, got the steering rate and sensitivity nearly where I want it but cannot find a way to remove speed sens ??

There are some inconsistencies with optics zoom in and out.

I.E. BTR-K Kamysh has two step zoom (click to zoom in, like in Operation Arrowhead) while IFV-6c Panther has hold key to zoom in and out (like in Arma II). I find it unnecessary.

You could easely use only one key to zoom in and out if all vehicles and scopes only used two step zoom. Click once to zoom in and again to zoom out.

Now I need to bind "zoom in", "zoom out", "toggle zoom in" and "toggle zoom out" functions because some vehicles require toggle while other require normal ones. Luckily you can bind these to same two keys.

So, I have:

RMB for "zoom in" and "toggle zoom in",

MB 4 for "zoom out" and "toggle zoom out".

Please simplify this so everything has two step zoom and make one key for zoom in and out. Those who dont want toggle have "zoom temporary" function already.

This would free up another key or button and is easier and faster to use. Most vehicles and weapons use OA style already anyway.

Im using latest beta stable build btw.