Sign in to follow this  
SmokinJones

ANOTHER Linux Server Complaint - just backing this guy up!

Dear Sirs,

I will undoubtedly get either, an infraction or even banned because as a PAYING customer i have the audacity to complain about the service the company is giving me and the hundreds if not thousands of players who like me, cant play on line with our communities due to the linux issue. I have sat by and waited and read the comments made by various company representatives, and moderators of this forum. However i cannot and will not sit here and ignore this any longer. I have spent the last 6 hours trying to get a mission onto our sever for us to play this evening and it wont work due to the server crashing. I am sick of it. I paid good money for my games, i have bought them from shops and the extras on line. I have the series starting with armed assault and moving through as each new version or game. As it comes out i rush to buy them, as a lot of people have done. But here we are with the company biting the hands that feed them!

I notice from BIS website that they have the community awards, to reward and i will quote " All of us at Bohemia Interactive are delighted to show our huge respect to all of you, talented, members of our community. The living essence of our titles." (taken from the arma website) Well i have to be honest i feel anything but the living essence of your titles! if i did i would have a working linux server now wouldn't I?

But i don't, and the reason given so far? well that's a good one, the guy was on holiday! are you kidding me? if your house was on fire and you called the fire brigade would you expect them to turn up? well yes you would, but what if you got a recorded message saying that sorry we all off sunning ourselves? you would be ever so slightly annoyed! and rightly so. Ok so you are probably thinking well its not a fair comparison, and i am inclined to think that myself so how about this one. You want some money from the bank, when you get there they are closed for holiday? BIS is a large company, and each of the games costs on average £25 i have both Arma2 and Arma 2 Arrowhead as well as BAF, PMC, the recent Czech DLC, this does not include all the other BIS titles i have. In the various bits of documentation its say that linux servers will be fully supported and there are numerous posts to this effect.

Dayz is credited with pushing sales of arma up by some 300,000! quoted the dev responsible! now thats an awful lots of money! so why not use this and employ some holiday cover! A company as large as Bohemia should be able to afford more than one person to work on this sort of project in order to keep the million or so arma players happy? after all we have kept the company going for some years haven't we? or is it that the company doesn't care?

From where I sit that's how it seems to me, and i'm very very sure that i am not alone! Its all well and good Devs coming onto the forums and saying it will get done when its done, and the guy was on holiday, and STFU from moderators. None of this is professional nor warranted. I actually find it offensive to read some of the comments made by some of the moderators. Is this something that BIS wants to be associated with? I doubt it very much!

All we, and by we i mean all of the various groups who hold linux servers is this;

What is the real issue?

What is the progress?

When will it be ready? |( and i dont want a message like "it will be ready when its ready" already had that from your forum team!)

Are you going to FULLY support it in the future now and for the eventual release of Arma3?

Why hasnt it been done already i.e. before the release of the 1.62 patch?

Why has Dayz taken over your time? oh hang on i know why, its something to do with the several £million you just earned from the extra sales of Arma (300,000!)

If we are as valuable to you as you say, why haven't you put more people on it to get the update out quicker and keep us happy?

I would like you to think about a couple of things for a few seconds; 1) The customer is ALWAYS right! 2) without a loyal SATISFIED customer base you WILL loose sales and your reputation will suffer as a consequence. 3) the customer is ALWAYS right. and finally 4 the customer is ALWAYS right!

There are tens of thousands of Arma 2 player across the world some of who play on Linux servers, they deserve to be treated with respect and deserve a full explanation of the reasons behind this failing of the Company to keep track of it employees and the work that they produce or not as the case maybe. They have a responsibility to there customers to provide a service, one that they have said that they would and one that WE pay for, maybe not directly to them but certainly to the companies who provide us our servers, which now sit idle because we cant use them but still have to pay for them! are BIS going to compensate us for that? I know the answer already!

If we wanted to run a windows or WINE or any other server we would have done it by now, we are a community group we all put into a pot to play a game we paid for, we want value for money, hence some of us feel that the linux way is the way to go. Other's didnt see it that way and went with windows or some other type of server, for us that is an additional £200-£300 as well as all the hassle of finding one getting it all set up etc etc. Please dont insult me either, i am no computer geek in fact i know very little about them. What i do know is this, i have been home on leave from the desert for 5 weeks and im due to return in two days, in that time i have been able to play on a server to which i contribute once in that time due to the linux issues. Why because some guy was on holiday! well he must be back by now? so how much longer do we have to wait?

I will not be able to play until December but i am hoping that you have made some sort of progress in the meantime.

Respectfully yours Danny

+1

There are entire realism communities out there ready to quit playing and buying your products. YOU TREAT US LIKE CRAP AND EXPECT US TO SUPPORT YOU??

I know a guy that was on here (pchaxor) and got banned for asking for an update on the linux server. Mods here banned him for 4 months?!?!?! for real???

He says he was on here since OFP days and has put quite a bit of money into Bohemia's hands and you mods banned him for asking about a linux server update.

(I searched and found his threads, so his story seems to fit, however he was being kinda annoying I will admit. 4 months seems a bit harsh though...)

Some nerve this place has and I have to say "biting the hands that feeds you" is right on the money. You are banning and closing threads of paying customers that SUPPORT THE COMMUNITY/DEVELOPERS AND GIVE YOU A JOB!! All we ask is for an OFFICIAL STATEMENT from Maruk or a REAL member of BIS. Not some wanna be forum moderator. good grief.

I totally agree with the OP that you closed his thread on and I think many others feel the same.

You know you can close my thread and ban me all you want, but it changes nothing and there will be more posts just like this one if the community doesn't get some answers, solutions and a bit of WE ARE THE CUSTOMER RESPECT.

Can I get an Amen?

Want some? Git Some. Take some.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Yeah, I registered just to post that. :)

Edited by SmokinJones

Yeah, I registered just to post that. :)

You mean, you came back and bypassed the permanent ban pchaxor (aka you) received for insulting the moderators and numerous other rule violations?

Shame on you, because now all your accounts are permanently banned. You should have waited the 4 months instead.

Farewell.

I can only warn everyone here, and for the last time, to create any more "We demand 1.62 Linux Server files" threads. The next one doing so will regret it.

A dozen threads or so are enough now!

Edited by W0lle