Sign in to follow this  
dog994

Getting an Error when launching Arma 2 OA ERROR: Creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine

Okay so i just bought the off of steam 2 days ago and it has been troubling me. To start off is Arma 2 so everything in this game is fine and up and running the only problem i have is it says i have an invalid cd key which i dont get because i bought the game. The second and main problem is Arma 2 OA is the first error was Bad serial number and it kept doing that but i fixed now it gives me another error "Error creating direct3D graphical engine" some please help.

Unless you provide some more info about your system specs, the diagnostic is: your graphic card is too old and not DirectX9 compatible. At least this is what the error "Error creating direct3D graphical engine" means. Of course there could be another problem and your GPU is just fine but unless we have more info, this is it.

Myke;2212946']Unless you provide some more info about your system specs' date=' the diagnostic is: your graphic card is too old and not DirectX9 compatible. At least this is what the error "Error creating direct3D graphical engine" means. Of course there could be another problem and your GPU is just fine but unless we have more info, this is it.[/quote']

I had the same issue when I would run beta a few versions ago, without a mod loaded, BUT I could run it fine if I loaded a mod in the start up string. I haven't had that particuliar problem with the latest beta patch though.

He is right though it could be the card, or it could be something else so don't just go buy a card and find out it wasn't the card.

The more info you give the better able someone would be to help....are you running the game or the latest beta, are you trying to run it with a mod like DayZ or ACE or ... and post the error log http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files I'd also post the start up string you use when starting the game in case it has a typo in it.

I have both Arma2 and Arma2 OA. I downloaded them off Amazon. They both are fully updated. Arma2 works great. When I start up Arma2 OA from either the desktop icon or from the folder, I get the "error creating direct3d 9 graphical engine".

Any help fixing this would be much appreciated. :)

Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/ Service Pack 1

Intel i3-2100 3.1 Ghz

8 GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GT 440 w/ 4 MB running DriectX 11

I have both Arma2 and Arma2 OA. I downloaded them off Amazon. They both are fully updated. Arma2 works great. When I start up Arma2 OA from either the desktop icon or from the folder, I get the "error creating direct3d 9 graphical engine".

Any help fixing this would be much appreciated. :)

Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/ Service Pack 1

Intel i3-2100 3.1 Ghz

8 GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GT 440 w/ 4 MB running DriectX 11

Did you installed/updated DirectX9?

When I went to the microsoft site, it told me I have the current version of DirectX which is 11 and I looked into trying to reverse the install of version 11 or anything close to that and I can't find it.

ArmA 2 is a DirectX9 game, therefor you need DirectX 9 installed. Unlike as most think, you should look at it as completely different softwares, not as version of one and the same software. On the MS Homepage, search explicitly for DirectX 9 and you will find a proper webinstaller very quickly.

When I went to the microsoft site, it told me I have the current version of DirectX which is 11 and I looked into trying to reverse the install of version 11 or anything close to that and I can't find it.

You don't need to do that - multiple versions of DirectX can be installed side by side.

Just get the DX9 online installer here and run it.

I found the answer ! Woohoo ! I went back to the Microsoft forums and found out the answer. Win 7, in any format, updated or a new install does not come with older versions of DirectX, only version 11. Unfortunately they believe that the Publishers/Developers of the games or applications should supply the version of DirectX that it needs to run. I guess Microsoft doesn't like to directly support older version of none Microsoft software. I say Booo to that. But, they do have a "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" to install all older versions of DirectX, back to version 9. So, I downloaded it and it worked great. Here is the link to get the "Installer".

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details-b.aspx?id=35

I want to say thank you to all that tried to help out. I would just give a little friendly advice, that maybe a closed thread with this link to this issue may want to be posted in the forums. Again thanks for the help.

I found the answer ! Woohoo ! I went back to the Microsoft forums and found out the answer. Win 7, in any format, updated or a new install does not come with older versions of DirectX, only version 11.

You don't say? What did we wrote so far?

Did you installed/updated DirectX9?
ArmA 2 is a DirectX9 game, therefor you need DirectX 9 installed. Unlike as most think, you should look at it as completely different softwares, not as version of one and the same software. On the MS Homepage, search explicitly for DirectX 9 and you will find a proper webinstaller very quickly.
You don't need to do that - multiple versions of DirectX can be installed side by side.

Just get the DX9 online installer here and run it.