Sign in to follow this  
ericcris10sen

I believe this is the very first mission issues

Hi I'm very new to this game and to the forums. I'm not sure if this is the first mission but it's where you land in a military airfield compound, and you have to clear out the remaining militia. Once we do that, we all gather near this vehicle and one of the gates and they give us orders to move and get into this vehicle, and then move to a village nearby. So I get in the vehicle and NO ONE is getting in with me. So after 5-8 minutes of driving in circles around them, I say screw it and drive to the village. I'm literally waiting for 10 minutes before I drive back to see where my people are and they're either still laying on the ground, or walking in the opposite direction of where we are supposed to go. Every time I get out of the vehicle a half second after, I'm ordered to get back in....

So, I restart the game to see if it was a bug, and try it once more. This one was a little different because I didn't have my whole squad with me, most of them died :j: but even still. They didn't get in and I couldn't order them to get in. So after 5 minutes the one that managed to survive starting moving up :yay: but moved RIGHT past the village we're supposed to go to and started going into this hostile town and started getting shot to hell. It seems like there was no coordination or tactics that we see in the bootcamp training we did before the game. I couldn't order anyone around because I'm sure it was that I wasn't the Squad Leader but still, is this how it normally happens? I thought this was one of the most realistic military games and it just seemed to LACK it while I was playing and they didn't even go do the missions with me.

If you are in charge of the AI you need to tell them to get in. First get in the vehicle yourself. Then press ~ to select all your units. Then you should have a GET IN action menu item. Or press 4 then whichever number your vehicle is and select Anywhere.

If you are in charge of the AI you need to tell them to get in. First get in the vehicle yourself. Then press ~ to select all your units. Then you should have a GET IN action menu item. Or press 4 then whichever number your vehicle is and select Anywhere.

Well like I said, I wasn't the squad leader. Someone else was that was in our team.

I don't remember using any vehicle in that mission. Odd.

Anycase, make sure airfield is really clear. Check hangars, tents and especially control tower. Might be that AI don't get waypoint update because there's still some OPFOR alive in trigger zone, but they don't see him for whatever reason. Ususally because vanilla AI don't perform building sweeps much, and never check other floors.