Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Take On Helicopters Beta Patch 96166

Beta patch rev. 96166 released (1.05 required!)

Changelog:

[95939] Fixed: Vehicle interior sometimes disappearing briefly.

[95862] Improved: Server browser now prefers "better" (connectable) servers.

We hope this fixes the cockpit disappearing issue. Those of us who could occasionally reproduce it, no longer can. The nighttime artifacts and crash are much harder, as they seem related to specific HW or drivers.

Well, I just flew around Seattle for half an hour and did not see the cockpit flash once - if I go back to non-beta it happens within a minute or so. I think you might have fixed it. I do remember saying this once before though so I will play a bit more later on and let you know what happens.

The game is running as smooth as butter now though - great job!

will this be ok with Rearmed set up ?

or just wait for 1.06 Final RC ?

Edited by Thromp

>We hope this fixes the cockpit disappearing issue

It seems to have finally done the trick for me - nice work.

doesn't work for me with 1.05.

Should only require 1.05 and it worked on our 1.05 test installations. We are going to release a full patch 1.06 (Downtown + Rearmed) RC very soon based on this EXE.

Great news about the full patch , thanks for the info

Should only require 1.05 and it worked on our 1.05 test installations. We are going to release a full patch 1.06 (Downtown + Rearmed) RC very soon based on this EXE.

I can confirm that it worked for me on my 1.05 install. Also, thanks for the fix - no more cockpit disappearing :D Also, also, that's great news about the full patch coming soon. I'm really looking forward to it!

hmm than i did somethin wrong.. am i suppose to see the beta version in the game at the bottom left corner?

thats why i wasnt sure if it is active at all... the filename says also 1.06.96166.zip.

thx

hmm than i did somethin wrong.. am i suppose to see the beta version in the game at the bottom left corner?

thats why i wasnt sure if it is active at all... the filename says also 1.06.96166.zip.

thx

Did it install without an error? If so, have you made sure to run it from the Beta shortcut (in the same folder as the ToH .exe)? If you've done that, it should say "1.06.96166" somewhere (bottom left, for me) on the ToH menu screen.

Did it install without an error? If so, have you made sure to run it from the Beta shortcut (in the same folder as the ToH .exe)? If you've done that, it should say "1.06.96166" somewhere (bottom left, for me) on the ToH menu screen.

thanks! the shortcut in the folder where you described it works fine. didn't work for me with just -mod=beta for some reason. have to use that one. ;)

thanks! the shortcut in the folder where you described it works fine. didn't work for me with just -mod=beta for some reason. have to use that one. ;)

Yeah, it took me a while to work that out the first time. Have a look at the target location of the beta shortcut - it's crazy! I can never remember how to write it, so I always have to copy and paste it if I want to run mods with the beta patch.

Just tried the latest beta patch. No more flashing cockpit for me :yay:. But unfortunately I cant see car traffic from heli. Switching to outside view (NumPad Enter) or exiting the heli makes traffic visible again. Going back inside and traffic disapears.

EDIT

After some more testing it appers that above "bug" not always occur. Sometimes the cars are normal, sometimes they flash and sometimes I cant see them at all.

Edited by BeePee
Made additional tests

I've confirmed it here BeePee, thanks for the report. While programmers are looking into it, we are determining whether we want to hold back this patch for a fix, or leave it for the next one.