Sign in to follow this  
blood4odin

Insurgency Chernarus Completed

G'day guys, the past 18 months since getting into ArmA I fell in love with the Insurgency mission and since then I have been modifying the 0.76 version with bits and pieces and adapting them to custom Islands, however I could never get Chernarus to work until the other day. After 7 cups of coffee and near on a full pack of cigarettes and a black lung sacrifice to the ArmA Gods it finally happened.

I know there has been alot of players out there that have been wanting this mission on Chernarus so I thought i better upload it so you guys can have it.

It's based on call-in Littlebirds for transport so this might not suit everyone but at least it works, so of course change it however you want.

I will also PM Fireball so he can work his magic and add it to his list of fantastic efforts.

We played for 7 hours the other night and all 12 caches spawned in a variety of buildings all over the map and there was plenty of enemy so it works well.

I am sure there will be a few bugs still but hopefully Fireball will fix these up.

Just wanted to say that I understand and appreciate the amount of personal time pogoman and Fireball have sacrificed in giving this mission It's solid foundation.

http://www.bloodandhull.com/Insurgency X.Chernarus.rar

Ps..Would be awesome to see Insurgency as a standard mission in ArmA 3 also.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Almost forgot, also Bystrica, that new Czech Island http://www.bloodandhull.com/Insurgency X.Woodland_ACR.rar

Edited by blood4odin
incorrect URL

Cool - I'm going to run this on my public server and see what happens! Thanks for taking the time and for destroying your lungs to do this!!

Your welcome mate, my pleasure. Lets just hope Fireball has a look at it and iron out any bugs that may arise, he is certainly far more competent.

Blood4Odin, how would you convert this to play as east instead of west?

Nice one Blood4Odin, Chernarus remains the pinnacle of map design (IMO) so to see this excellent mission ported to it is great.

Awesome — can't wait to give this a go.

By chance is there any AI recruitment for this version?

Im gonner have a go at converting it to east.

I tried this before and I didnt see any infantry, I saw lots of vehicles and emplacements but not infantry.

Blood4Odin, how would you convert this to play as east instead of west?

To be honest mate I have tried this out of pure curiosity before and it does work but then again it doesnt, let me explain.

1. Yes, you can play as squads of any opfor you want

2. Yes, blufor do spawn in the buildings and engage you just like the opfor did

3. Yes and No, blufor vehicles do spawn with blufor crew, however for some reason they do retain the mindset of the opfor and turn on eachother in the vehicle spawn position like cannibals, quite funny to watch actually.

So yes it can be done and it does work but havent been able to figure out point 3. But there is a shitload of stuff that needs to be changed (basically the entire mission) and to be honest it would seem a bit odd having americans spawning in enemy houses and defending their ammo cache?

If you would still like to try it that way i could point you in the right direction but then it is up to you as that is something that I still havent figured out entirely mate.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Nice one Blood4Odin, Chernarus remains the pinnacle of map design (IMO) so to see this excellent mission ported to it is great.

Cheers mate, your kind words are appreciative :-) I have given Fireball a quick Insuregncy 1.50 Chernarus conversion I just did also, so if he is interested he could clean it up a bit and add it to his list for the community at devheaven.

But because 1.50 is his baby, it's up to him what he wants to do with it :-)

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Awesome — can't wait to give this a go.

By chance is there any AI recruitment for this version?

Unfortunately no AI recruitment mate, shouldn't be too hard to put it in though if you feel the need.

So yes it can be done and it does work but havent been able to figure out point 3. But there is a shitload of stuff that needs to be changed (basically the entire mission) and to be honest it would seem a bit odd having americans spawning in enemy houses and defending their ammo cache?

If you would still like to try it that way i could point you in the right direction but then it is up to you as that is something that I still havent figured out entirely mate.

Seems odd to my why Russians would spawn in houses and defend their ammo caches, I meant play as OPFOR and fight NAPA.

I opened it up and there is lots of scripts to change but ill keep on workin on it.

Well done, mate! Us Armaholics at VETERANS-GAMING were just talking about this - A new map for Insurgency. I wonder how it will take to an ACE/ACRE infusion...

Used to be that Cherno sucked against hard AI when they would impossibly spot you through dense brush and trees, and engage with their PKM's. I look forward to testing this out. We'll have one of our Arma servers running this later today. Will get ACE/ACRE on it by tomorrow if all goes well.

Thanks so much for your hard work!!

Well done, mate! Us Armaholics at VETERANS-GAMING were just talking about this - A new map for Insurgency. I wonder how it will take to an ACE/ACRE infusion...

Used to be that Cherno sucked against hard AI when they would impossibly spot you through dense brush and trees, and engage with their PKM's. I look forward to testing this out. We'll have one of our Arma servers running this later today. Will get ACE/ACRE on it by tomorrow if all goes well.

Thanks so much for your hard work!!

Your welcome mate, Fireball got back to me today and said its all good to throw up the 1.50 conversion I did so here it is http://www.bloodandhull.com/insurgency1_50.Chernarus.rar

Although he is rather busy at the moment he will add it devheaven once he finds the time, but like I said it hasn't been fully tested and inspected by him so there may be a few bugs.

But hey, we got a Chernarus Insurgency at last :-)

Brilliant work mate. Over the moon now we have a 1.50 release. This will be running on our server for a while now.

Cheers,

iOGC_Ænigma

Brilliant work mate. Over the moon now we have a 1.50 release. This will be running on our server for a while now.

Cheers,

iOGC_Ænigma

No worries :-)

possible problem with this mission. Ive cleared squares and they dont turn green. Running on a dedicated server. Like the idea here though. Lots of potential.

Tried to give this a go but got an error straight away regarding a missing "cacharacters_ACR". Does this need the Army of the Czech Republic DLC to play this or is this something else?

Edited by HackerSlasher

possible problem with this mission. Ive cleared squares and they dont turn green. Running on a dedicated server. Like the idea here though. Lots of potential.

Yes they do turn green mate, just remember in your mission parameters that you can setup before playing the mission there is an option called "number of players required to clear a square" by default this is 2 in the 1.50 version, so 2 players need to be in the square at the same time to turn it green. This can be changed to 1.

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Tried to give this a go but got an error straight away regarding a missing "cacharacters_ACR". Does this need the Army of the Czech Republic DLC to play this or is this something else?

Yes mate the 2 modified 0.76 versions require the ACR DLC for the units in 1 squad and weapons in loadout.

Yes mate the 2 modified 0.76 versions require the ACR DLC for the units in 1 squad and weapons in loadout.

Ah ok - thanks.

Just to summarise everything.

Heavily modified 0.76 vers that we use.

Based on call-in Littlebirds for transport, requires ACR DLC

http://www.bloodandhull.com/Insurgency X.Chernarus.rar Chernarus

http://www.bloodandhull.com/Insurgency X.Woodland_ACR.rar Bystrica (Woodland_ACR)

Standard 1.50 vers

No changes made, quick conversion, will be added to the official dev-heaven Insurgency project list for proper testing once Fireball is ready.

http://www.bloodandhull.com/insurgency1_50.Chernarus.rar

Cheers.

We are having an issue on our server where if you try to reconnect to the server it locks the client up on the Insurgency splash screen. Is anyone else suffering this issue or is it our server alone?

We are having an issue on our server where if you try to reconnect to the server it locks the client up on the Insurgency splash screen. Is anyone else suffering this issue or is it our server alone?

It is not locking up. There are insane load times due to the requirements in the mission. In the mission.sqm the game is loading not only Chernarus but Zargabad and Takistan aswell. Also, the start position for everything should be off the map in the big green emptiness. Everything currently spawns in the trees and then moves to it's location. Some items are detroyed or disabled before the move. Others (vehicles) are being moved to forests and are 'trapped' and cannot move.

I love the port. :cool: It just needs some tweaks. Currently the server becomes bogged down within 3 hours. We are running a new high end server and get 50 fps almost constantly even with 30 players. After about 2-3 hours the fps is dropping below 10. My curent theory is that most of the ai vehicles are being wrecked on spawn and it builds until the server can't handle it anymore.

addOns[]=

{

"cacharacters_e",

"ca_modules_functions",

"ca_modules_e_weather",

"ca_modules_clouds",

"caweapons_e_ammoboxes",

"camisc_e_wf",

"camisc3",

"takistan",

"cawheeled_e_hmmwv",

"CAAir_E_AH6J",

"caweapons_baf",

"CAWheeled_E_stryker",

"camisc_e",

"zargabad",

"CA_Modules_Alice2",

"ca_missions_garbagecollector",

"ca_modules_silvie",

"cacharacters2",

"CACharacters_BAF",

"CAAir",

"CAAir_E_UH60M",

"caair_e_ch_47f",

"CAAir_BAF",

"CAWheeled2_MTVR",

"chernarus"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"cacharacters_e",

"CACharacters_BAF",

"cacharacters2",

"ca_modules_e_weather",

"ca_modules_clouds",

"ca_missions_garbagecollector",

"ca_modules_functions",

"CA_Modules_Alice2",

"ca_modules_silvie",

"camisc_e_wf",

"camisc3",

"camisc_e",

"CAWheeled_E_stryker",

"chernarus"

};

Like I said a couple of posts above mate the 0.76 runs clean for us because the transport is called in, and we get no server frame rate drop.

However the 1.50 version was just a quick port to give Fireball a head start and does work but yes, it most certainly needs alot of tweaks as there has been heaps of changes since 0.76, this will happen once it goes to dev-heaven for proper testing by the Insurgency Project Group.

Don't stress :-)

Sorry to revive a somewhat old thread. But is this still being looked at? From what I can tell the Insurgency project has sort of died down again...

I've had a few PM's about the Chernarus 1.50 Insurgency, the project team leaders seem to be busy and or pre-occupied with other things lately which is fine as we all have a life outside of ArmA so, if anyone has any questions or needs help let me know and will try to point you in the right direction.

Like I've said before, alot of things have changed between 0.76 and 1.50 so I'm not entirley familiar with it and being self taught my knowledge is certainly minimal compared to Fireball and the likes. But still more than happy to help.

i will send you a PM blood, you have done a nice work with this great map!