Sign in to follow this  
acidcrash

Quick question on scripting commands...

ok, just a quick question:

I need to know what the command would be exactly to make an AI leader give the command to some members of the squad to get in one vehicle and others in a separate vehicle.

OK the idea I have is this:

The player is the member of a squad which is lead by the AI. What I want is for the AI to give the order, for the sake of the other AI, to get into the pilot and gunner slots for the helos.

now heres how i understand it:

Pilot1 AssignAsdriver MH60_1

pilot2 AssignAsGunner MH60_1

so would this be in the "on activation" field in a trigger

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Pilot1 AssignAsdriver MH60_1; pilot2 AssignAsGunner MH60_1; pilot3 AssignAsdriver MH60_1...and so on<span id='postcolor'>

that right? or is there an easier way?

thanks

**Acidcrash**

You can use the moveindriver, moveincargo, moveingunner command

[this moveindriver UNIT]

but that would make them do it at a instant speed... So you cant see them actually get in the to unit...

you can test the "action" command, nothing i have tried but it might work...

/A

ahh good someone answered me at last (cheers dude biggrin.gif)

i shall try your method in a min, my method did work...sometimes (well ok only once)

anyway cheers dude

You could also try to make the unit move closer to the vehicle and then use assignasdriver.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">commandMove position

Operand types:

position: Array

Type of returned value:

None

Description:

Order unit to move to given position (format Position) (via radio).

Example:

soldierOne commandMove getMarkerPos "MarkerMoveOne"

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ June 27 2002,00:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ahh good someone answered me at last (cheers dude biggrin.gif)

i shall try your method in a min, my method did work...sometimes (well ok only once)

anyway cheers dude<span id='postcolor'>

damn didnt work sad.gif well it did but it wasnt what i wanted... (it threw me in the helos at the start of the mission without going anywhere near the trigger confused.gif ) anyway, ill try you idea too inqwiper although i think the two waypoints are too close together (get out (of transport) and get in (helos)... its at the airport on malden, at the part where the buildings are so they go to the next waypoint without going into the trigger )

So you want an AI leader to tell some soldiers to enter one vehicle and want the rest of the group to enter another vehicle. Do you still want the soldiers who entered a vehicle without theire leader be in the same group? I think you do but I thought I´d ask.

Lets say you have a group, you want one to get in a repair truck, one to get in a ammo truck and the rest to get in a M113. Then make the Repair- and ammo truck follow the M113. If you knew how to do that, would that help?

Just wanna know what to try to work out, making sure Im not misunderstanding anything and trying the wrong stuff smile.gif

yeh ok, ill lay out whats meant to happen:

after the pilots get out of the transport and picked up their weapons, they are meant to each grab a helo (pilot and gunner) while staying in the same group

so basically yeh what you said. I have got them to do that, just not very well, 9 times out of 10 it doesnt work because the leader doesnt set off the trigger, so i just wanted a simpler way...

so yeh we're thinking same thing i think