Whale0110

ARMA II Single Player Campaigns won't start.

After doing a complete fresh install of ARMA II and running through all the checks and making sure everything was up to date, the single player campaigns won't load. It will basically run me around in circles from the choice of campaigns to the difficulty and then to the play option, from there once I hit the play option, it will then go back to the start option.

I have done a complete re-install of the game and this issue is still at it's best and I have no idea what so ever to what is causing the issue, so please if you do have any idea what it is or how to solve it let me know because I have yet to endure the single player campaign, which I would like to do considering I have both OA and PMC stories which I hear are very good but yet, little old me can't play them due to this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Cameron

thanks

a) in general you need to unload/not load dayZ when you want to play anything else

b) you should use CO (combined operations) v1.62 even to play the A2 campaign/missions and not the oudated A2 1.11 version

do you know how to launch CO?

I disabled DayZ, and launched CO but to no avail. Still the game just remains to stick to the same rotation as stated earlier.

hm can you record it and upload to youtube?

the log file shows no other problems :|

Well this shows A2 and not CO. It should work also in A2 yes, but is it really the same in CO?

Hi,

I bought "ArmA 2: Complete Collection" a few weeks ago on Steam (includes: ArmA2, ArmA 2 BAF, ArmA2 DayZ mod, ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead, ArmA2: OA Beta (obsolete) and ArmA2 PMC), and I'm experiencing the same problem as Whale0110; when I try to launch the single player campaign in ArmA2 or ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead, the interface keeps going back and forth between the difficulty setting-screen and the start-screen. I don't know if you could help me out? I've added me RTP logfiles here (I installed ArmA2 OA before ArmA II, so I added both RTP files):

arma2.rtp: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dmug4jlemglo8p/arma2.RPT?dl=0

arma2oa.rtp: https://www.dropbox.com/s/48zqpg5ib1x7xvu/ArmA2OA.RPT?dl=0

Kind regards and thank you in advance,

Pieter