Sign in to follow this  
MaciejH

Sniper rifle accuracy L115A3 LRR vs M24

Hello

Recently I have played a bit with the Murcielago's Shooting Range mission and I have been surprised by the difference in accuracy of the M24 and L115A3 rifles.

I'm just a gamer, not a sniper, but information I was able to find in the internet would suggest, AWSM definitely shouldn't be less accurate than M24. It should be more accurate. Is it possible that the modifications that turned AWSM into L115A3 broke the rifle so badly?

In the game M24 is ridiculously accurate. The bullet flies like on rails. If the target is 700 m away and the zeroing is set to 700 m one can reliably hit enemy's nose if aimed at the nose. When I aim at the head with LRR (distance and zeroing the same) the bullet hits below and the spread is from left shoulder to right. The spread itself is suspicious (more about that below), but why can't the zeroing be right like for M24?

I have found a comparison of the AWSM and Sako TRG 42 rifles. I can't post links, but you can find it using some search engine if interested.

the author writes:

"For the last year, we have been shooting these rifles [AWSM and Sako TRG42] side by side at targets out to 1600 yards, with a keen interest to determine which rifle is more accurate. The summary is that they shoot basically the same. Both will shoot one-hole groups at 100 yards, and both can shoot sub-half-MOA at 1000 yards if the shooter knows what he's doing and conditions are favorable."

According to Wikipedia the results for M24 are about 0.6 MOA for ranges up to 300 yards.

Don't you think something is wrong here?

There is zero windage in the vanilla game. And even if there was, it wouldn't explain why the M24 wasn't affected by it.

ACE mod makes all weapons conform better to their mechanical accuracy, but be advised it is a total conversion realism mod.

Both LLRs in the game have some "flaws" in configs and models which can't be corrected easily by config tweaks.

Thank you for replies.

I have found another thread where problems with assessing range using mil dots in British scopes was described. Looks like the magnification (when zoomed in) is different than in American ones, so there are more problems with British rifles than just accuracy modeling.

I'll take a look at the issue tracker.

I have found another thread where problems with assessing range using mil dots in British scopes was described. Looks like the magnification (when zoomed in) is different than in American ones, so there are more problems with British rifles than just accuracy modeling.

From my experiences you cannot reliably use any mil-dot reticle to translate to any sort of "range". There are several factors to this but primarily it seems to step from either the geometries when zooming or the physics of the rounds -- from weapon to weapon there is no consistency in knowing what distance it means from mil to mil. What is more -- and most players noticed this upon release -- the accuracy feels a bit off with both reticles that accompany the BAF-added rifles. With the L115 in particular, this offset seems to vary every 200m or so, with anything past 500m being an even different linear change (if you can grant it that because it's not linear and therefore pretty unpredictable).

Apart from this fact, the rifle is fairly accurate and the 338 round carries helpful damage compared to the M24 or its 765 counterparts at ranges past 800m. Try this: At even zeroing intervals past 500m, add +1/3 mil to your POA. For example, if your target is at 1200m, and your zero is subsequently 1200m, instead of lining up the crosshairs down the middle adjust your aim higher about 1/3 mil.

Again, there does not seem to be a consistent value across the board for the particular zeros for this weapon; even the AS50 has it's own flavor of this which is a shame cause their reticle style themselves are one of my favorites to use.

nothing more than bug in game.all riffles bugged more or less.40k tickets done.fixed only several relayed to weapons.rest only to programming features.that the reason why dayz so popular.in 50m view distance fog almost no bugs :) not air or tank battles either :).al least we are lucky that we have it.

checking wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills

1250m world record for m24.but in game you can hit 10 of 10 for that distance.

Edited by kotov12345