Sign in to follow this  
Trenchfeet

Can't Install BAF + PMC DLC on Windows8 ACR installs fine?

Hi has anyone tired installing onto Windows 8, I had a go to see how the performance goes however I can't install BAF&PMC all else installs and runs fine (a2+OA+ACR+patchesβ).

Here are the errors.

PMC:

After Running the installer from bistore, "There was a problem activating ARMA 2 PMC, writing of license file falied"

BAF:

After Running the installer from gamersgate, "Runtime c++ error, the application has requested the runtime terminate it in an unusual way"

any ideas much appreciated :bounce3:

Running the installer as administrator and/or in compatibility mode? Making sure you have the required C++ redistributables installed?

Running the installer as administrator and/or in compatibility mode? Making sure you have the required C++ redistributables installed?

I am also having the same issue on a full version of windows 8 Pro, C++ is configured/installed correctly, i am running as Administrator and i have tried various compatibility modes to install BAF but to no avail. Any other ideas etc?

Cheers

same as in ssskai's case. Any ideas?

Ok, it does work if you mark them as administrator and cap the memory to 4 GB with msconfig before the installation.

But seriously, how is it possible to create an installer that is that broken?

Anyway I would suggest you bring an installer update or bring an option to activate regular Arma keys in Steam so people don't need a computer science degree to install a dlc.

I have a similar, not same problem, except it's on WinXP.