Sign in to follow this  
icecoolwrx

Weapon Custom Hand Animation

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to figure out the custom hand animations method for weapons using the handanim[].

I browsed through all the forums and found http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127804-Weapon-hand-position&highlight=weapon+hand+position ... which branches off to other older posts that contain instructions but, all the sample files have gone MIA and I have also messaged the up-loaders of the files who unfortunately have lost the files over time or due to hardware failure loss.

I am at the point now where I can do a custom hand animation, but I'm not sure im doing it the most correct or efficient way.?

Right now i get the animation working to the right spot by using the biskeletion.p3d and dragging the hand parts all the way over to the weapon bone on the left and repeat the process over by going in game and back to get the position to where i exactly want it. This method seems to be crazy by detaching the hands and time taking at that, but in the end turns out ok...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

-icecoolwrx

that is the only way to make animation rtms.......

it is kind of annoying but thats is simply how it has to be done with the tools we are given. Once you get used to doing a few they go pretty quickly.

I know your pain, nothing is really documented and there aren't any tutorials dedicated to custom hand animations. I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I can guarantee you that its probably something stupid I overlooked.