Sign in to follow this  
ninjie

Fancy Start Conditions.

I was hoping to solicit a few ideas from anyone who cares to respond.

I have a series of missions I am running for my community. Currently, we've wrapped up the second of five missions I plan on making. Each mission I try to add some personality so as to make them events. Atmospheric effects such as sounds and changing weather to help the suspense. But I always have a neat way to start the mission.

For example, in the first mission, I started everyone in a HALO drop at 4000 meters and let the sync work itself out while I had music and credits rolling.

Second mission, I was able to spawn 20 units in the c130 at 10,000 meters and let them run out the back to "live drop" as it were.

For my next mission, I want to do something similar, but I am not sure where to start or search for creative ideas. I always want it to be interesting, more than just standing on the ground next to a box or a bunch of gear.

Does anyone have ideas for a neat way to start a mission? Whether spawning them on a carrier, or a c130, or anything. I'm looking for creativity and shock value if possible.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate anyone's insight or suggestions.

After parachutes 2 times, how about

Riding in a Stryker or LAV which runs into a mine or IED.

Insertion by helicopter, pilot gets shot - emergency land in some urban area or mountain far away from the insertion point.