Sign in to follow this  
disorder

CheatFinder - New Admin Tool

Hi

I'd like to introduce my server tool CheatFinder, which hunts down cheats reported in your scripts.log. Currently my home is at the DayZ forum,

I am offering the download now here, because the arma2 community is bigger than just DayZ and so I thought it would be a good idea. Sorry if you have a tool like this already here, it doesn't hurt to have some competition right? :)

I hope to make the program more efficient and continue to learn about how BE and log files work. I would also like to extend the functionality to other files types in future but I am doing a lot of research for that.

The program uses a custom database, which works a bit like scripts.txt but without leading Numbers (used to set the option for that cheat) You are fully welcome to add to it, as its just text. Or even use your own scripts.txt. The program will parse 2 characters from a custom scripts.txt so they have to be formatted in the normal way.

Anyway enough blabbing, hope you find the program useful.

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Since I can't post links in the first post.

Here is my current home on DayZ http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42702-cheat-finder-script-parser-for-admins/

New 1.8: http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/67158450/file.html

Edited by disorder

Thanks Disorder, I'm going give this a try next day or two

Ok I am constantly updating so check back if you like, I also added a hotfix to the one you downloaded which will solve a few critical issues. (link updated)

I just wanted to say this is a great tool and the developer has been great, this tool makes reviewing the scripts log fun. I think it's also worth mentioning that you can also easily run your logs against a custom scripts.txt.

*edit - fixed typo

Edited by OCNDayZ

very nice initiative indeed :bounce3:

Hi,

Thanks for the positive replies so far.

The program was designed to take out the chore of reading scripts.log but it also reads files with the same format like remoteexec.log

The format has to have name entries in the following template -

DATE TIME: NAME (IP) GUID #X

Such as.

3.08.2012 08:04:32: Crazy Dave (123.456.789.101:2302) 1234567891011121314151617 #123

I also think OCNDayZ means that you can run it with a custom scripts.txt but yes you can do that.

Cheers man, using this now & it's saving me loads of time.

Do I use this to scan the net.log? or does it have to be the script.log.

Just having a bit of trouble reading it. Is see names ID GUID & such, but are these names offenders or just random listings? Is there any way of telling what hack/script they used.

I'm using this for ArmA 2 rubber server log, if that makes any difference?

Mainly wanted to show my support & say thanks.

are you gonna perform a few updates on you tool? Just asking coz there were a lot of changes since your release.