Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Thumbs up if you want more - LimnosWeekly EP01 [PILOT]

Here is a pilot of a new show series im working on.

The last few weeks, were my 'bad luck' weeks, as everything seemed to go wrong.

Although im not happy with the quality, it would be worse to release nothing at all.

In this news-show, several ArmA items will be talked about, and a short chat with Dean Hall

Without further delay here is EP01

Thumbs up if you want more, and help/critism is always welcom !

Sorry to hear about your accident!

I like the concept and hope you'll keep going. Get some of the issues sorted out and I'd definitely watch it every time. It's a nice community highlights summary for those of us too busy to keep up with all of the online content released daily. Perhaps twice-monthly would be enough, and give you a little more time per episode? ;)

Some feedback:

• Set - liking the mixed footage in the background!
  • Timing - probable due to it being a pilot, but timing is the biggest issue now. A lot of pauses and silence. Once cut more tightly, it will be a lot more appealing to watch.
  • Interviews - when talking about an interview, it would be nice to highlight some quotes as text on the screen.
  • Camera angles - it would be good to dynamically script some different camera angles for the presenters. They are in a fixed position, so even just having a pool of fixed camera angles which you cycle through randomly could be interesting.
  • Twitter - loving the recap of relevant tweets; especially cyberstalking Crowe and Moricky :cool:
  • Music - sometimes the audio mixing was a bit off. I could not hear you talk when there was music mixed in.

I love the idea and the visuals (especially the virtual studio) are great. I would watch this if it came out weekly. :D

However, glitches aside, my one negative comment would be on the narration, which seemed somewhat "stilted" most of the time. It felt like you were reading directly from a script, making the show feel very... clinical, I guess. It lacked emotion.

I would prefer a more ad-hoc "improv" approach to the narration, like what you hear on podcasts. :)

Hey, it's me, BTK :)

Good job for a pilot, really like it. As already said the pauses are a bit weird, but I'm sure that will be improved in future episodes.

Camera angles are a great idea, I'm sure we can do this, as well as animations next time. :)

I wish you a quick recovery, Jerry Hopper.

I think it would be good to publish an index, indicating the time and short headlines of the subjects covered.

Hey, it's me, BTK :)

hey hey!

i need some help, and honestly : someone (anyone) should make the TVStudio mission (without errors) for me.

As i am already collecting news and pre-work for the next Episode (which is a lot of work) and streamline the production procces , my mission scripting knowledge is really bad. it would simply take me AGES to make this scene perfect.

i think ( in theory ) it shouldnt be too hard to create a mission, where the time is : 13:58, the camera is in position at 14:00 and a beep will sound ingame.( startpoint for recording) and start of the audio/lip file for each character.

Then, with a sqf script with which i could time animations, and head movements (or cam positions ) precisely on the exact second.

This is because in after effects i need to change cam pos on exact same time.

The actors should be 100% still, and should have no auto-movements.

The light(s) should be constant, and at the exact same spot. ( for the blue/greenscreen)

here is a layout of how i have the studio in arma now. https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1HVbxF3HfCtCHzYbByJqgZnQ5U3jZb6u5nLFD6Fy_2_c/edit

Here is the bare mission : http://limnosradio.com/greenbox_BARE.utes.7z

if any-1 could help me out with this, i would be eternally gratefull, and maybe i buy you a copy of A3 for you when it comes out.

Edited by jerryhopper

I like it very good idea as always J H

As others pointed out obvious flaws I won't repeat .

Would be nice if you maybe did a quick intro on different community terrains , you and co host traveling to studio in vehicle ,pointing out land marks maybe .

Your own mic was very poor too , it's a necessity to sort that .

Custom simple animations I can help with if you pm me ideas I take a look for you if you wish .

Keep it up

good idea.... once every 2 weeks would be enough....

good idea.... once every 2 weeks would be enough....

limnos bi-weekly.... sounds good, and longer production time to iron out flaws. good point..

:yay: looks promising :)

:rthumb:

Edited by RavenDK

May i announce the Airdate of Part 2 : 9-SEPTEMBER !

Again this episode will be 'silently' released.

Once we're satisfied with the whole setup, show will be publicly announced thru several social channels, as well as an seperate forumtopic.

If you have something that should be on our show, please contact me.

These shows kinda faded in the background. The limnos incident(ivanmartin) sort-of 'killed' LimnosRadio, as i dont want to create confusion or bad blood amongst both gamers and Greeks.

For this reason i shutdown limnosradio.com, and resurrected SahraniRadio.com and i'll try do a show before the newyear, but cant promise anything.

Edited by jerryhopper