Hi to all! Here are some renders of my new WIP project:

bQEht.jpg 9uEyB.jpg

0Yy6S.jpg EZVc0.jpg

3WLXe.jpg 8H6Tc.jpg

gXFRr.jpg w6usc.jpg

And one wallpaper for some fun:

kA7r9.jpg

beautiful indeed.

and i hate you for working on something i also have started work on, but then again, my progress is way way back than your's

can you share some wireframes pretty please

I just fell of my chair with eyeballs popped out... it is BEAUTIFUL :)

Nice one, it's a mean looking helo :D

One of my favorite helis, good job on the details m8

Edit- what camo will it come with?

That is really nice!

Once IAP gets rolling I would really like to talk to you about reskins! :)

beautiful indeed.

and i hate you for working on something i also have started work on, but then again, my progress is way way back than your's

can you share some wireframes pretty please

I feel you. I'm reconsidering my own plans now :eek:

will it work ingame on non-NASA computers ?

how much polys ? in game models over 20 k cause problems , and afaik cannot be visible in Oxygen's Bulldozer, so will this model be to game and will it work in game with FPS allowing to play combat in few platoons on usual home PC ?

Holy God! I could only dream of making something so beautiful

wow that mi-28 does look awesome, nice work mate

Damn, that is one fine model, and I think you made those of us who were going to model a Mi-28 decide otherwise heheh. I fear though many details you have are wasted and won't be seen ingame, particularly around the tail rotor area since it doesn't have the horizon angle the main rotor does.. Like you I originally made my tail very detailed only to find out ingame that when it span, I hardly saw any of it. (separation of blades from the arms and nuts holding them in place)

Can't wait to see more of this bird, especially if you pay the cockpit as much attention to detail

will it work ingame on non-NASA computers ?

how much polys ? in game models over 20 k cause problems , and afaik cannot be visible in Oxygen's Bulldozer, so will this model be to game and will it work in game with FPS allowing to play combat in few platoons on usual home PC ?

That depends on how it's set up, proxies can be used to fake none moving parts and allow more poly flexibility. But it also depends on the subject of location, for example in a cockpit proxies are great fun since half of your screen is generally blocked and you can only see the horizon, meaning no grass or things like that. So you can stack buttons, rivets, panels, whatever close objects you can think of AND give it a shadow LOD so that the various objects cast shadows as well rather than only the outside shadow LOD doing it.

I don't think it would be a problem on the outside as long as what we see here were kept at only the closest of LOD's

Thank you all mates for this kind judgment of this model. Answering the questions, it will come out in new gray camo for russian air force, and it has 14593 polys at this moment. Even less than MiG-29 has. I plan to add some more details in limit of 500 polys. And there will be some optimization in future. So, you won't need computers that NASA uses to operate the Curiosity or else :) A plenty of MiGs doesn't cause problems even on my C2D e8400 with radeon 5850.

I can't exactly figure out what do you mean Nod about the tail rotor. Could you explain that in detail? Will there be some problem with animation?

And yeah, there will be a detailed cockpit, of course :)

Edited by exall

Oh no the animation should be fine unless you plan on having rotors that twist with pilot input, that can be a bit tricky with so many gizmos heheh.

What I mean is how visible things are vs say textures, in this case your tail rotor is very detailed however it will be spinning so fast that you will rarely see the cylinders on the arms below the blades. http://s1.uploads.ru/i/8H6Tc.jpg It may be a better investment for you to instead have them as textures, since they don't stick out too far you can get just about the same effect, and the wiring you have connected to the tail rotors could be four sided and get about the same effect since all the player sees ingame is that there are wires spinning with the blade rather than how smooth it may be.

I mean no offense by this, just a friendly caution, like you I made my helicopter very detailed originally only to find out ingame that many said details just didn't show up nearly as well as they did in the editor, so I put them elsewhere.

WOW!!!!

One of my all time fav choppers.

Amazing work and amazing pictures. That detail is fantastic. :cool:

lOOks amazing although vilas is right looks high poly a issue for arma engine hope iam wrong your work rocks always

That is one amazing looking mi-28! I have been waiting so long for a good quality m-28. :yay: Im going bananas for this!

"Beauty" and "Mi-28" are two things that don't go together, (even the AH-64 is prettier), but that is very impressive work.

Any chance I/we could have a quick peak at the cockpit frame too? :)

Any chance I/we could have a quick peak at the cockpit frame too? :)

Definitely. When it will be modelled :)