Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Sleeping Dogs

Anyone else playing? If on Steam add me: PlaceboPRS :)

Really enjoying it, Hong Kong looks great and there's a good mix of the more serious story elements from GTA4 for example and the silly fun stuff from games like Saints Row, some bugs but performance is decent so very happy it got released (for those who don't know it used to be True Crimes: Hong Kong then Activision dumped it).

Edited by Placebo

I'm having a blast. The concentration on melee combat is just awesome and the whole atmosphere is just so authentic.

It's awesome. Especially the combat is great. I spend the first hours of the game just beating up all those drug gangs... Killing someone with a fish? YES PLEASE! :D

I played the pc demo, not going to buy it, the control is terrible, another good example of a bad console port.

It also feel wired as hell because I just cannot find any "Hong Kong" feel in it, maybe for people who only saw it from movie it may have, but for someone who lived here for 28 years? I do not think so.

Edited by 4 IN 1

Also tried demo -liked it for a few minutes but boy did it feel on rails -I thought this was open world ala GTA? Does it open up into a fully explorable city in the full version?

The story is very linear and therefore there are parts of the game (especially in the beginning and during some of the main missions) where you can't go wherever you want. Later on it opens up though and apart from some parts of the main missions it's pretty open.

It's really enjoyable, love the setting! To be fair I enjoyed True Crime years ago and I'm glad to see that enjoyment has carried through.

I played the pc demo, not going to buy it, the control is terrible, another good example of a bad console port.

I actually think the port isn't too bad, seems much better than a lot of ports. And at least for me has been far smoother than GTA 4 when that came out on PC.

Also I'm really enjoying the voice acting! Didn't realise Lucy Liu, Tom Wilkinson and Emma Stone were in it! :)

Playing it on PC but it has to be said it's a far more enjoyable experience using a controller, sorry KB&M purists ;)

I tried the demo on 360 and unfortunately whilst what it shows is fun it's not a very good representation of the game as a whole unfortunately, the open worldness is the best part of it I bought it from http://www.cddiski.ru for £10 and it's now up to £13.56 but it's worth that at least for the PC version :)

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

It also feel wired as hell because I just cannot find any "Hong Kong" feel in it, maybe for people who only saw it from movie it may have, but for someone who lived here for 28 years? I do not think so.

From the demo you won't, from playing the full game and driving around the open world you should do hopefully, we lived in Singapore for 14 months and a lot of the stuff like the night market etc reminds us of there, of course Singapore is not Hong Kong but there are some similarities :)

Completed it to 100% last night, all missions, all side missions, all collectibles etc, total time 38 hours which is pretty decent :) Very happy with the game, especially for £10! Hope they make a sequel :)