Sign in to follow this  
mir00

Crime Life Roleplay Mission

Hi there!

Right at this moment an army of tireless coders are finishing new awesome roleplay mission, called Crime Life.

A criminal RPG mission set in beautiful Chernarus allows you to play different roles and display your awesomeness on many levels.

You can pick a role of a peaceful civilian life, manufacture goods, vehicles and ride around in fancy cars;

Or become a ruthless criminal, gang up with friends and control towns across the country, fighting cops, rival gangs and ride around in fancy cars;

Third would be to server and protect as a noble police officer, shoot bandits and oppress your fellow citizens. Fancy cop cars and choppers with machine guns included;

Last but not least - just be a cheap little punk, loitering around with a gun.

Crime Life features:

Advanced economics - produce resources and build a large variety of vehicles and weapons;

Progress saving - everything you have bought, produced, stole and plundered can be saved for future use;

Balanced gameplay - avoiding classic cop-civ routine we focus game on bandits fighting other bandits for control over illegal business;

Strict and enforced rules - to prevent punks from spoiling the fun.

Now the best part

Crime Life is an open source mission.

Anyone will be able to host his own server, edit and expand mission with new features of choice.

This should aid many who are willing to create different roleplay communities in ARMA, hopefully.

We are now changing the website, you can get the files here: http://arma-rp.com/downloads/

Mission is unfinished, but playable with minor bugs. It allows permanent save if you know how to set it up on your server machine

Edited by mir00

Sounds good.... and well done on making it open source. That is very welcome.

i've played and tested it a few times and it's a very promising mission, nothing like the ancient CLR/Tlr/Zlr missions!

keep up the good work!

interesting i see lots of stolen content from http://www.cityliferpg.com on your site

Emmm... Im sorry, what? The only resemblance i see is a latin alphabet and use of words roleplay and RPG

To say that the site contains "lots of stolen content" is bullocks. I take it you support the Apple vs Samsung patent wars as well armatech? A phone is a phone, a CMS is a CMS. If anything I strongly believe mir00 has done a great job. He has released a collection of code that is open source which is normally coveted by the RPG communities to build a dedicated user base. Competition is good and to post such an uneducated claim on this topic simply shows you feel threatened. I could go into detailed code markup on each site to compare the differences or simply say that such features as a "tracker" or "wiki" is commonplace among many code development and community websites.

mir00, it seems you are new to the forums, I welcome you! If you need any support moving forward with coding or web development let me know.

Thanks, zorrobyte. I believe this is some kind of misunderstanding - we use free and public forum engine, with minimum changes.

Hey, its really nice to see a RPG mission that is "free to use".

It is a shame that some people thing, they have to protect their arma missions from the community. So much the better that you choose to release your RPG mission like most other missionmakers.

Keep up the good work. If you need help with server, website or sqf: PM me.

Hey, its really nice to see a RPG mission that is "free to use".

It is a shame that some people thing, they have to protect their arma missions from the community. So much the better that you choose to release your RPG mission like most other missionmakers.

Keep up the good work. If you need help with server, website or sqf: PM me.

That was the main idea.

We felt wrong about this situation, where all we had seen were a couple of private missions and the rest were CLR based clones, all looking the same. Our hopes is to break this sad picture and give anyone, who wants to start his own rp server a modern, flexible framework.

Currently we are finishing save system, server can be set to use both permanent save or just for a session.

Also there are 2 economic systems - one with complex production system for permanent save and long time game, weeks or months. And much quicker one, with simpler production system for session-long games, like a few hours.

i take it back i was mistaken by the name that has been reused

http://www.crimeliferpg.com/

Now this is an awkward situation, two crime lifes and one is vaguely looking like City Life...

Mission is now running live, with permanent saving, and some bugs at the cop side.

Combined Ops is required, no addons, no beta patch.

How to get the mission and run your own server:

http://www.arma-rp.com/index.php?topic=69.0

without saving files for now, not ready yet

Although I have personally not played on this server, I have taken a look at the OPEN SOURCE they offer and it is quite impressive especially a breakthrough compared to those other greedy private LIFE server owners who are so paranoid of competition or use of code that they keep themselves locked away and ban at the drop of a hat. (Im sure you know who I speak of)

This community here is small and growing but overall worthwhile to join as it is in the beginning stages of taking off.

Im sure they have even better plans in store and they are doing a great job from what I have seen on making progressive strides in ArmA 2 OA LIFE Server development.

Most who have been interested in a ArmA 2 Life server have probably tried CLRPG and overall we know what goes on there, decent server, annoying bugs and bad log on system, not to mention poor administration and unprofessionalism.

All the LIFE server community needs is a strong community or group to pick and run with the ball of a working LIFE server and all communities involved will greatly benefit, especially as these guys are willing to share their source and code.

They have a +1 from me and my crew.

Tried this a little today. This could be alot of fun if the players started actually playing by the rules and not deathmatching. I hope admins are on from time to time to govern a little.

The general idea always was to have rules strictly enforced.

That requires 2 things:

1. Regular players who would report violations and alert admins

2. Admins, who either constantly are on the server or can promptly react when it is needed.

Getting these factors may take some time and meanwhile there may be certain ammount of random deathmatchers, who we apply strong measures to.

Currently we are setting things up, fixing up the bugs and gathering regular players.

Reporting rule violators is very welcome.

Save system released

http://www.arma-rp.com/index.php?topic=97.0

Windows server required.

Save system works in real time, saves storage (vehicles, weapons, items), bank account, licences.

Does not save the skills, atm.

Btw - we have introduced skills: for guns, vehicles, manufacturing etc.

Ok so I have tried again and again to sign up on your website, but my problem is the security question. I can't get the darn thing to work, I put in the answer and it never works. Can I get a PM with the correct security answer in the right format?

Besides that I have player on the Life server you guys have been hosting a couple of times, I love it! And I want to help out on the website by reporting bugs, etc. And it would be nice to be able to use the website.

Heh, just noticed, my partner changed security questions to a crazy one . I have changed it to the easier one, just type in "answer"

The current situation is that RPM is on hiatus untill A3 alpha - we are going to build the game specifically for A3.

We had quite useful live run for the mission, which showed us some issues and directions to move in.

Heh, just noticed, my partner changed security questions to a crazy one . I have changed it to the easier one, just type in "answer"

The current situation is that RPM is on hiatus untill A3 alpha - we are going to build the game specifically for A3.

We had quite useful live run for the mission, which showed us some issues and directions to move in.

Alright will do, will be nice to know that I will have a mission to edit and throw up for my community when ArmA 3 comes out!

Listen ArMaTeC You fucking buck teethed little shit

You are a fuckwit that cannot even defend his community from DDoS Attacks and you claim to have one of the best communities in the whole ArmA Scene

Someone goes against you and plays another modification you will permanently ban them from the site

Something does not go your own way you will claim it as your work even though it is not

I don't care if I am gravedigging this thread but I want to get my point across that you are a fucktard that sells "Donation Cars" That you don't even have the copyright for from the manufacturer.. I don't see Lamborghini giving you permission to use their cars/reskin them into police cars..

Seriously.. Which country in the world has a Lamborghini/Porsche as a police car? Other than for emergency organ transplants.. Seriously pull your head out your arse and make something unique