Sign in to follow this  
h34dup

[CAMP] Lions of Kandahar

ONS is old and probably requires an old version of Inko's AT.

I'm using the version of @INKO included with @ONS_OA. I also tried the latest @INKO, same result.

Headup, as I've stated before, this is absolutely the best campaign for Arma2 out there. As a SP player only, I like to dePBO campaigns and make small alterations to them, like switch out the units and weapons and such. I would now like to convert the campaign to british units using the excellent SJB SAS pack. You would'nt happen to know the positions of front gunner and gunner in the PUKF Landrovers, would you? And if I delete some units in each vehicle team, as the Landrovers only pack four men, would this interfere with the mission working?

Thanks!

Headup, as I've stated before, this is absolutely the best campaign for Arma2 out there. As a SP player only, I like to dePBO campaigns and make small alterations to them, like switch out the units and weapons and such. I would now like to convert the campaign to british units using the excellent SJB SAS pack. You would'nt happen to know the positions of front gunner and gunner in the PUKF Landrovers, would you? And if I delete some units in each vehicle team, as the Landrovers only pack four men, would this interfere with the mission working?

Thanks!

I wasn't even aware of either of this sexy-looking addons, thanks for putting them on my radar though! My current fav for UK SOF is the UK SFTG pack http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17927

As for turrets and front-guns, I'm not sure -- it may be in the addons' respective readme file, but on the vanilla HMMWV SOVs I was using, the front gunner used moveInGunner, while the turret used moveInTurret I may download these units and play around with them myself!

HEADUP, I really like this campaign. It is on par with Soldiers of Valor. Great all around. I only have one suggestion.

Change the Canadian Forces, INKO is giving problems as depicted in the picture below;

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp289/strikerskurow/weblinks/inkoerror_zpsc8624dcf.jpg (139 kB)

This is the main reason that the error pops up before and after ARMA2OA is booted up. INKO has some type of weird sitting position for helicopters for some reason.

Just a suggestion, I know you are the only one to make it.

Regards

Edited by kurow

Yeah, this whole INKO thing kind of bugs me-- it's a requirement in other addons, such as AAW infantry pack too. I never use the disposable weapons in the Camp, I don't want them or care about them. So why these other addons insist on requiring it is beyond me. Unfortunately though, I can't simply remove the Canadians from the Camp unless a newer and better Canadian unit addon came out, so as long as ONS is the only option and INKO is a requirement for ONS, INKO and it's stupid bugs will have to stay. Not to poo-poo on the hard work of the addon-makers either, though I do find it frustrating, but you'd think this issue could be addressed in the time the addon has been out.

Yeah, this whole INKO thing kind of bugs me-- it's a requirement in other addons, such as AAW infantry pack too. I never use the disposable weapons in the Camp, I don't want them or care about them. So why these other addons insist on requiring it is beyond me. Unfortunately though, I can't simply remove the Canadians from the Camp unless a newer and better Canadian unit addon came out, so as long as ONS is the only option and INKO is a requirement for ONS, INKO and it's stupid bugs will have to stay. Not to poo-poo on the hard work of the addon-makers either, though I do find it frustrating, but you'd think this issue could be addressed in the time the addon has been out.

There are updates for the ONS mod however they are not being released to the public. There is a realism unit 7th mechanized bg or something (don't have the link at work) and I guess the ONS developers (or one of them) is a member.. they use updated ONS within their group only. I'd like to believe they are holding out for Arma 3 to release it but I have my doubts.

I'm getting this too ... I normally use Arma II Launcher 3.1.1, but even when I launch directly:

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@SGW_Afghan;@ONS-OA@;INKO;@McTierOne;@mad_resh;@mad_build"

I can see the Start Intro, and then "You cannot play/edit this mission ; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.inko_disposable" and then "Script introM1Net.sqs not found" when I abort. All folders have Addons subfolders etc. I have a collection of over 100 mod folders and generally don't have any problems. I am running AramA2OA 1.62 patch. Any help appreciated!

OK ... stupid me.

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@SGW_Afghan;@ONS-OA@;INKO;@McTierOne;@mad_resh;@mad_build"

"@;INKO" above should be ";@INKO". Fixed the typo and everything is good. But seriously, if you have trouble with Arma launchers, it is probably a conflict with other INKO versions. So if you just launch the mods required for the Campaign, it should work. I'm really looking forward to playing this Campaign!

Hey quick question headup, does your arma 2 combine all 4 arma's (ArmaII, ArmaII OA, ArmaII REINFORCEMENTS & BRITISH)? I think the reason that I am having so many problems is because I have all 4 combined and most do not.

Hey quick question headup, does your arma 2 combine all 4 arma's (ArmaII, ArmaII OA, ArmaII REINFORCEMENTS & BRITISH)? I think the reason that I am having so many problems is because I have all 4 combined and most do not.

Can't see why BAF and PMC would cause any problems. Besides, they're DLC, not expansions. Also, I've had no problems.

I may have installed the addons the wrong way. After reading previous threads, I have noticed that most are using a ArmA uploader, this uses the @Folder name way. So in turn, the addons for that specific campaign will be downloaded with out ArmA having to try and sort out what belongs where. I am going to uninstall then re-install ArmA and then use the SixUpdater ArmA uploader and see what happens from there.

I do have the whole package -- Arma 2, Arma OA, BAF, PMC and ACR, but I am sure these don't affect the issue with those animations in the helicopter and the missing texture, those appear to be specifically related to either ONS or INKO. Are there other issues you are running into? And, not to be a broken record once again but addons other than those listed in the requirements have been known to cause issues.

I do have the whole package -- Arma 2, Arma OA, BAF, PMC and ACR, but I am sure these don't affect the issue with those animations in the helicopter and the missing texture, those appear to be specifically related to either ONS or INKO. Are there other issues you are running into? And, not to be a broken record once again but addons other than those listed in the requirements have been known to cause issues.

Yes, I am not able to use the CAS support on M8 Seven 2000 Pounders, sometimes certain triggers dont activate, like on M9 Mouthpiece, Cpt Rusty doesnt unass Ole Girl and take control of the team. (I only know that he does that by watching Jester play on Youtube. Its kinda frustrating but I may have to un/re-install ArmAII and setup a ModFolder and use a Arma Launcher (I think Im saying it right.)

Edited by kurow

Yes, I am not able to use the CAS support on M8 Seven 2000 Pounders, sometimes certain triggers dont activate, like on M9 Mouthpiece, Cpt Rusty doesnt unass Ole Girl and take control of the team. (I only know that he does that by watching Jester play on Youtube. Its kinda frustrating but I may have to un/re-install ArmAII and setup a ModFolder and use a Arma Launcher (I think Im saying it right.)

Have you just tried putting in a shortcut with the target (64 and 32 bit, whatever is appropriate):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@SGW_Afghan;@ONS-OA;@INKO;@McTierOne;@mad_resh;@mad_build

or

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@SGW_Afghan;@ONS-OA;@INKO;@McTierOne;@mad_resh;@mad_build

This only loads the required mods and nothing else. Make sure you use the @INKO mod from the Lions of Kandahar Armaholic page and not just any @INKO - think there are at least a couple of versions out there. It worked for me as one of my other mods was conflicting with something I was loading in the ArmaII loader.

I have ArmaII CO with BAF and PMC and I found this was the easiest way for me to run it.

Thanks for trying to help clear things up for kurow, I wish I had a solution for this issue but it sounds like the kind of thing I can't address on my end as an editor.

For those who are confused about mod stuff, you're not alone, the convention for installing and activating addons is confusing, and addons are often packed inconsistently.

I prefer to use the Arma II Game Launcher utility from SpiritedMachine - it's not perfect, the app is prone to crashes and resetting the way I organize things, but it keeps track of all your addons, and lets you export shortcuts to the desktop with the startup parameters defined. I have a Lions of Kandahar shortcut on my desktop that has all the addons added to the startup parameters.

You just need to ensure that all of your addons are in the proper directory (mine are all in my OA directory and not my A2, I think it depends on where you set the target in the Launcher utility), make sure the addon you're adding has "@" at the beginning of the filename (ex. @USNavySeals -- it's simply to help organize and to denote that the folder contains an addon), and that there is a folder inside of that called "Addons" (there is a vanilla Addons folder in the main game directory, but do not put other .pbo's in there). So, the .pbo's and .bisign files go into the "Addons" folder in the @mod folder in the game's main directory.

Hopefully this helps.

In other news, AZCoder sent me some new voice recordings, so the next update will see them included!

Hey Headup, just wanted to drop a quick line and say that this is probably the best campaign I've played in Arma 2. It's incredibly evocative (actually what I wish the Medal of Honor games were more like!) and surprisingly funny. Huge kudos. I can't wait to see what you have coming up next.

Thanks for such a great campaign!

Really good campaign, properly my favourite to date.

I'm also having issues with the ONS addons causing problems, its not something that I think you can fix however, think its up to the addon maker.

Looking forward to seeing more!

I just want to say that I'm really ejyoing this campaign so much. I just started but i feel it as immersive as I want it to be. can't wait to get home and continue playing it.

Thank you for this!

Just finished! Impresive campaign! I hope that we who love to play campaigns and sp more than anyting will give you a will to make more of them! :) What to say, just one big THANK YOU on this.. Campaigns like this one and that new one from you give me a will to continue playing ArmA, because I was not satisfied at all with ArmA 3...

im playing through this campaign again, after a very looooong time away from arma. this campaign is the best for me so far

I'm trying to play this campaign, but it keeps repeating the intro cinematic, over and over. It's in a loop. If I try to skip it just plays it again!

Installed all the required mods and removed all the unnecessary ones. Can someone please help? Would love to play this.

I just re-tried this old classic and I am through with the 1st Mission: Welcome Back. The attention to detail is incredible follks, time to dust off your copy in ArmA 2 and indulge in some nostalgia!

The 2nd Mission: Bingo Red One puts you into the boots of an Afghan Soldier, and also serves as a kind of nice introductory mission. No bugs spotted there.

3rd and 4th mission are great and I don't want to spoil anything. Mission #5 is unfortunately bugged: The objective at the abandoned mine does not tick off despite radio chatter telling you to move on, plus the optional IED search yields no results.

Mission #6: The Voice of Death is a good sneaky black ops mission, only letdown is at the end where I get bumped by the enemy in a LUP, while the screen fades to black and the story is narrated via TitleText... fortunately, the mission ends before I can die with nothing to do against it.

Mission #7: Black on Ammo is a rather short vehicle-borne mission which serves as a kind of variety enhancing tool among the infantry missions.

Mission #8: Seven 2000-pounders is bug free and puts you at the helm of a mortar -this is also a nice change to usual ArmA 2 stuff.

Mission #9: Put Your Mouthpiece In is basically a series of firefights, but it is well paced and fun.

Mission #10: Friends for Life features a heroic action seen more in Hollywood Movies or Call of Duty games, but it actually fits in here pretty well.

Mission #11: Holding on at all costs is one I cannot beat, but one of the most original ArmA2 missions ever. It puts you behind the guns of an AC-130 gunship. Too bad that the position is always overrun before I manage to kill enough enemy!

Mission #12: Not Your Lucky day is a longer patrol mission, but it never gets boring because mission design and immersion are top notch, especially the custom radio messages.

Mission #13: The Dragon's Back is bug free and very enjoyable. It wraps up this excellent campaign quite nicely.

Verdict: If you are feeling some ArmA2 nostalgia, and are not afraid of downloading addons, this is a must play!