Sign in to follow this  
h34dup

[CAMP] Lions of Kandahar

There's also one caveat with dying in the AC130 mission, is that if you have a save point and reload that, the 105mm and 40mm guns will not work. I can't quite remember, but I think I reported this or a similar bug a long time ago on LDL's forum. Best to just keep an eye on the hill from time to time and kill the non-strobers as h34dup mentioned.

There's also one caveat with dying in the AC130 mission, is that if you have a save point and reload that, the 105mm and 40mm guns will not work. I can't quite remember, but I think I reported this or a similar bug a long time ago on LDL's forum. Best to just keep an eye on the hill from time to time and kill the non-strobers as h34dup mentioned.

Yeah LDL has its plusses and minuses, but this mission is one of my favorites-- the temptation is to go for the objectives, but you are literally forced to split your attention, there is a sense of urgency you feel that I don't think it gets quite as close anywhere else, even when you are rescuing fallen or besieged comrades. I wasn't even aware that you could save while inside the LDL AC-130 console...

I tested both way (module and script) for the AC-130, and (maybe it's just me) I find that, using the modules, the 40mm makes explosion where it hit, whereas with the script version, the 40mm doesn't explode and we have to hit right on the target to kill it.

has anyone experienced the same?

Small feedback:

Campaign v0.6

Mission6: in radio messages before and after optional task-Locate Intel i have only text no voices. The same situation before task: Phase 3 coordinate CAS and in radio message wenn I use 0-0-3.

Mission8: overview in campaign menu: all text is the same as in Mission 7.

Ps: sorry if you know about that already i didn't read all posts :)

So far nothing gamebreaking :D

Wiki - I'm not familiar with the module version. That would be cool if they explode! :D So yeah I've never seen them explode in the script version. I tend to use it for direct fire against vehicles because of that.

h34dup - I was saving right before going into the AC130 shootout. And between AC130 calls, since you get 3. You did good with requiring that the hill is watched. Took me 3 tries to catch on to that :)

I tested both way (module and script) for the AC-130, and (maybe it's just me) I find that, using the modules, the 40mm makes explosion where it hit, whereas with the script version, the 40mm doesn't explode and we have to hit right on the target to kill it.

has anyone experienced the same?

I have not had a very effective 40mm either, I just thought that was because the 40mm was intended vehicles or something... makes sense that it's not perfect in the script version but I didn't want to add the module as an addon requirement. Perhaps in the "mod maniac" version down the road.

Small feedback:

Campaign v0.6

Mission6: in radio messages before and after optional task-Locate Intel i have only text no voices. The same situation before task: Phase 3 coordinate CAS and in radio message wenn I use 0-0-3.

Mission8: overview in campaign menu: all text is the same as in Mission 7.

Ps: sorry if you know about that already i didn't read all posts :)

So far nothing gamebreaking :D

Hm, I thought the voice stuff was all fixed in M6, I know the recordings are in there. Wasn't aware the text was the same in M7 and M8 in the overview either, thanks for reporting these.

Started to mess with ideas for Bonus Mission 2: Dutch Apache, I will need some Dutch voice acting! Thinking of using DAF for this bonus scenario, since I have specific details on what was stationed at Kandahar AF and the models are all essentially there. Still, I need a bit more of a break before I can jump back in, this break may see some progress tho, I'll keep everyone updated of course.

Hi!

Still a great campaign that I am enjoying. However, I'm stuck at the AC130 mission. When I approach the computer placed on the hood of the SOV by Ron, the FAC guy, I get this error message that says:

"LDL init not initialized or LDL AC130 init missing". I havent seen anybody else here with this problem.

M10: very nice mission but I loaded game probably more then 15 times-problems with Greg & Steve's GMV. Many times car was hit (front wheel) before they move in the city so mission stuck. Sometimes they dont use the road through city so no ied ambush.

But wenn all work ok mission ends with no problem. I think you can't do nothing with strange ai driving etc. But maybe you should add a hint..

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

On screen that if that GMV will be damaged before car is in city player should load the game. First few times I was waiting more then 5min before that car is damaged few hundrets meters from city ;)

Ps: in mission 9,10 we have pistol mags in inventory (in briefing) but no gun.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Ps: sorry for little chaotic post that part with "waiting more then 5min" etc i write on my phone and can't edit messages. I wanted to write that couple of times car was damaged few hundred meters from city and i understand that few min laters when i scan horizon with rangefinder.

Sorry for my english i hope you know what i wanted to say ;)

Thanks for reporting this-- I haven't experienced this since the very beginning of making the mission, so I guess when you don't see a bug for so long you assume it doesn't exist. I have made Greg and Steve's HMMWV invincible, so to hear that is has been damaged somehow is a bit unsettling... perhaps a hint is all that can be done to address this issue, but fortunately I believe it's a freak occurrence (in a Camp that has had it's fair share of them already). Thanks for reporting this and thanks for having the patience to see the mission through and figure out what was going wrong!

I'm going to be out in the sticks for the holidays, but I'll be checking back here as often as possible-- happy holidays all!

Im sure that few times one of front wheels was destroyed (I used rengfinder to check where that car is). Maybe enemy soldier hit that wheel or maybe driver hit a rock.

In mission 12 im not sure on 100% but after we finish task: BDA on Ishfaaq, wenn we defeat that ambush first part of radio message has only text, no voice.

Now im in 13 mission so i'm close to end. :(

Im sure that few times one of front wheels was destroyed (I used rengfinder to check where that car is). Maybe enemy soldier hit that wheel or maybe driver hit a rock.

In mission 12 im not sure on 100% but after we finish task: BDA on Ishfaaq, wenn we defeat that ambush first part of radio message has only text, no voice.

Now im in 13 mission so i'm close to end. :(

Yes, Dave's radio line is what should be the only missing voice line at this point. You'll see in the outro that the Camp is "To Be Continued..." - there is more content in the works so turn that frown upside-down :)

Now, question for you since I haven't had a chance to test this since releasing the fixes- do you see any error messages during Mission 13 (they don't affect anything) about missing entry in the Camp's Description.ext? I am thinking I fixed the issue, so if there's no error message that will confirm it.

Edited by h34dup

Just finished your campaign and I didn't see any errors about description.ext in last mission.

My small summary:

One of the best campaigns for arma 2 (i have ~120 campaigns on my hdd and i played almost all of them).

I really like the story, very good briefing for missions. Nice cutscenes and very good voice acting. You put a lot of work in this campaign,so many objects on map:all camps, bases etc

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Very good missions: so many different task: standard patrol/sniper/assassault missions but we use also laser designator, we used mortars/UAV/C130 for fire support or we ride in GMV as gunner that's nice. And also importent no gamebreaking bugs :)

Thanks for your work, great campaign.

Where did you get the radio chatter for the first mission in the TOC?

:cancan:

ah k nice thanks, I was a JTAC over there and it can get intense. If you want real radio traffic between a JTAC and an A-10 you should check this one out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEVgBCTVLws

I'm sure you've seen it already but its a good one, and it could be good for your next release.

h34dup -

A small issue I had in M3 Red Desert: The supply drop spawns in an unnatural way. I don't know how you are accomplishing it, but it seems as though one is created normally, then the positions of the other two are indexed off of the first? On uneven terrain, this tends to result in the other two crate piles either floating in mid air or buried a bit. Not a huge problem or anything, but an aesthetic issue you might want to look into later.

And speaking of aesthetics, WOW. I'm moving pretty slowly through the campaign due to work, but so far I am simply blown away by the atmosphere you have created. The airbase is so well done - bravo. All of the bases, really. Just the right amount of clutter to bring these locations to life. And the target range...and the cut scenes...and DJ Dave!

My only real complaint (and that's really too strong of a word) would be the inconsistency of sonic character in the voice files, but it's understandable given the the way it was done.

This is a MUST PLAY campaign.

ah k nice thanks, I was a JTAC over there and it can get intense. If you want real radio traffic between a JTAC and an A-10 you should check this one out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEVgBCTVLws

I'm sure you've seen it already but its a good one, and it could be good for your next release.

The problem with that audio is that it is from the pilot's perspective, so you also hear the O2 system. It's intense, though!

I actually haven't, it's wild how much material can be found on YouTube (refining audio for .ogg conversion is enough of a PITA) buried in certain search strings and related videos. Thanks for linking, and although yes the O2 system would complicate repurposing the audio, it could certainly be done-- I edited and chopped up the above-linked chatter a number of times throughout the Camp (mostly in M1, the intro to M7 and M10). I'm trying to think of where this could be put to good use, possibly for the Canadian bonus scenario. Slayer, do you think you'd be willing and able to voice the main character (whoever that ends up becoming) of this Canadian bonus scenario? This would be at least a month from now.

h34dup -

A small issue I had in M3 Red Desert: The supply drop spawns in an unnatural way. I don't know how you are accomplishing it, but it seems as though one is created normally, then the positions of the other two are indexed off of the first? On uneven terrain, this tends to result in the other two crate piles either floating in mid air or buried a bit. Not a huge problem or anything, but an aesthetic issue you might want to look into later.

And speaking of aesthetics, WOW. I'm moving pretty slowly through the campaign due to work, but so far I am simply blown away by the atmosphere you have created. The airbase is so well done - bravo. All of the bases, really. Just the right amount of clutter to bring these locations to life. And the target range...and the cut scenes...and DJ Dave!

My only real complaint (and that's really too strong of a word) would be the inconsistency of sonic character in the voice files, but it's understandable given the the way it was done.

This is a MUST PLAY campaign.

This is correct, though a bit tough for me to remember, since M3 was the first mission I created. IIRC, there is a game logic which is grouped to a number of markers where the supplies might spawn-- but rather than attaching all 3 crates in netting to the GL, I think I may have attached just one to the GL and attached the other two to the one crate already attached to the GL (make sense?). This could definitely be addressed, but I never saw the crates floating, only buried, which actually made sense to me after being there all night and into the morning with the mild sand storm.

As for the voice acting, you gotta take what you can get, and I was thrilled to have what I got-- but yeah, different recording setups will mean vastly different levels. I did try to do a bit of mastering with each, but the issues still arise with levels being pretty far apart. I'll try to address this further in the next update-- even got some offers to help re-record some characters. If there are any specific instances you can think of that need tweaking, that would be a huge help!

Anyway, glad you dig the all the effort I put into achieving a certain level of atmosphere! It's something I strive for in all missions I work on. There is more to come, things are always percolating in my imagination, and the notebook I've been using to keep track of this hobby is filling up with ideas.

From the few missions I've played this certainly looks like a great campaign. Sadly my computer isn't good enough so I'm lagging pretty badly when playing :(

There is something about one of the addons that are used that makes anyone in a helicoter appear to be standing. I cant figure this out why.

I have a problem using the UAV and the AC130. As I approach the terminal and select the option, I get a message saying something LDL>init and nothing happens. I have the ldl_ac130 pbo in the mod folder..

There is something about one of the addons that are used that makes anyone in a helicoter appear to be standing. I cant figure this out why.

Yeah, I've learned it's from some kind of missing config in one of the mods, but I'm not sure specifically which one. It's likely either ONS or SGW's ANA/ANP, I am fairly sure Tier One Operators is not the culprit. It may for some wacky reason be Reshmaan but I doubt it.

This may make things a little tricky for the Apache bonus mission I have in the works, but since it's standalone, the mod that is causing this issue will be removed from the required addons.

I have a problem using the UAV and the AC130. As I approach the terminal and select the option, I get a message saying something LDL>init and nothing happens. I have the ldl_ac130 pbo in the mod folder..

Try playing without the addon version, the Camp makes use of the script version instead, so this may be the cause.

H34dup: I've sent you a private message about voice acting for your bonus add-on. I have a question about the AC130 mission. I never see any enemy fighters on the ground from the spectre feed, all I can see are the IR strobes, but no enemy. Any thoughts?

i'm halfway trough the campaign and I must say it's amazing.

Never experienced this.

A vibrant atmosphere, no cheesy/awkward voice acting... great!!

I hope you'll be making more of these!

Edited by sarge4267