Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Resistance's north american release date changed

I've been notified by Codemasters that the correct N. American release date of OFP: Resistance is officially July 2 and not June 28.

This is already reflected at least on the Resistance product page at CM's online US shop.

sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 25 2002,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've been notified by Codemasters that the correct N. American release date of OFP: Resistance is officially July 2 and not June 28.<span id='postcolor'>

And the EU release? Still 28th of june?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ June 25 2002,17:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 25 2002,16wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've been notified by Codemasters that the correct N. American release date of OFP: Resistance is officially July 2 and not June 28.<span id='postcolor'>

And the EU release? Still 28th of june?<span id='postcolor'>

Still the 28th at CM UK. smile.gif

<span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

GGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN YOU CM!!!!!!!!

mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif</span>

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 25 2002,16wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've been notified by Codemasters that the correct N. American release date of OFP: Resistance is officially July 2 and not June 28.

This is already reflected at least on the Resistance product page at CM's online US shop.

sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With new vehicles and weapons featuring, a series of original multiplayer missions on the new island, and completely overhauled network code Operation Flashpoint: Resistance is scheduled for release on June 28th 2002.

Pre Order Now Available - due for release 2nd July 2002 <span id='postcolor'>

wtf? two contradicting reports. one line in paragraph says 28th, the other July 2nd.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 25 2002,18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">two contradicting reports. one line in paragraph says 28th, the other July 2nd.<span id='postcolor'>

It was scheduled for July 28. As mentioned, July 28 is still the European release date.

Check out CM's front page (www.codemasters.com). From the big red announcement that it is due for release "THIS FRIDAY" it looks like it's on target for the UK and probably the rest of Europe.

Also check out their latest News article at the bottom of the page which has a new but small screen shot (although they seem to have the captions switched around! doh!wink.gif

For all in the US, I'm sure some of us will post some screen shots for you (e.g. pistol(s), bridge(s), etc.) though with the bandwidth blow-out that might cause I wouldn't be surprised if BIS has to expurgate those posts to prevent the forum from crashing.

Alx

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 25 2002,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Still the 28th at CM UK. <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You saved my day! smile.gif

Now if only Amazon.de delivers it before the weekend I'll be a happy gamer. biggrin.gif

i ordered from codemasters US shop, when it said the 28th, now i checked and it says the 2nd.

But its not fair that the US gets it later than the rest again. Actually i live in the US and i got the EU version in mid july before the US version came out. I just hope i dont get it too long after everyone else.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ June 25 2002,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But its not fair that the US gets it later than the rest again. Actually i live in the US and i got the EU version in mid july before the US version came out. I just hope i dont get it too long after everyone else.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it's unfair that we get 1 game before you guys, unlike the thousands of games/movies/albums that you guys get before us smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 25 2002,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ June 25 2002,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But its not fair that the US gets it later than the rest again. Actually i live in the US and i got the EU version in mid july before the US version came out. I just hope i dont get it too long after everyone else.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it's unfair that we get 1 game before you guys, unlike the thousands of games/movies/albums that you guys get before us smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

funny cuz one side calls delayed distribution unfair, but as soon as they get preferred treatment that they accuse of, they say it's ok.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 25 2002,13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes it's unfair that we get 1 game before you guys, unlike the thousands of games/movies/albums that you guys get before us smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, but all the games/movies/albums that we send your way is crap. OFPR is the only thing we wanted from Europe for months, and you get it a few days before us. It's not fair, I tell you.

I too have the UK version that I got in July last year, over a month before the US version came out.

-=Die Alive=-

Guess what guys, I just called the EB and GameStop here in KY and we aren't getting it until July 10th!!

How about that! mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JohnBEsq @ June 25 2002,13:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guess what guys, I just called the EB and GameStop here in KY and we aren't getting it until July 10th!!

How about that!   mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LoL, wait next week there's going to be threads saying we have to wait until August, lol. Maybe this weekend I'll fly to London for a few hours to get OFPR. Just like my brother did once, he flew to London for only 19 hours once, he said something about bringing a important package for some Columbian Cartellers, I don't know, sounds like crazy talk.

-=Die Alive=-

If it's any consolation 1. I can't afford it, 2. I have too much college work to do to play it and 3. There's a chance it may not even work with my Kyro2 smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 25 2002,01:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ June 25 2002,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But its not fair that the US gets it later than the rest again. Actually i live in the US and i got the EU version in mid july before the US version came out. I just hope i dont get it too long after everyone else.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it's unfair that we get 1 game before you guys, unlike the thousands of games/movies/albums that you guys get before us smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

acctually you get/got 2 games before us not 1. OFP and OFP:R

Opf:R isn't out here yet either tounge.gif

Actually though we got Hidden & Dangerous before you guys, that was a cool game, even if it was very buggy at first smile.gif

so what your saying is we got to Beta test Hidden and Dangerous for the americans.... great.

wink.gif

If you think about...even North America itself was in European hands first smile.gif ...no biggie I suppose...we will have resistance soon...(although I was looking forward to picking it up for this coming weekend). I wonder why its pushed back in the States? Possibly shipping??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 25 2002,14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it's any consolation 1. I can't afford it, 2. I have too much college work to do to play it and 3. There's a chance it may not even work with my Kyro2 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So your the master moderator of this kick ass forums and you dont even get a copy of OFP:R on the house, let alone a new video card? Your job is easy worth your weight in gold. You should demand at least $5 per moderator-bashing thread closed smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ June 26 2002,01:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So your the master moderator of this kick ass forums and you dont even get a copy of OFP:R on the house, let alone a new video card?  Your job is easy worth your weight in gold.  You should demand at least $5 per moderator-bashing thread closed smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

LOL well labours of love bring only the wealth of a job well done, or some such bollocks wink.gif

As for $5 for every thread I close, Opf sold well but not that well wink.gif