Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Resistance's north american release date changed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ June 25 2002,22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you think about...even North America itself was in European hands first smile.gif ...no biggie I suppose...we will have resistance soon...(although I was looking forward to picking it up for this coming weekend).  I wonder why its pushed back in the States?  Possibly shipping??<span id='postcolor'>

no...actually, I talked to clerk at a local game store,and they already have it at their local store storage.

they are not allowed to display it on shelf until July 3rd. mad.gif

I just can't understand why the f!@# CM thinks NA should get it later. If they want to satisfy a big market, they gotta act equal with other markets.

or as some might say, CM is afraid of pissing off US market again and thus is releasing it about 5 days later in case something goes wrong. considering that whoever made copies of RedHammer had to recall due to defective CD, maybe CM is taking precaution.

but any way, I'd like to give a big one-finger salute, or maybe two finger salute since they are British company, to CM. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

DOHH I used to have to hook up in my old mall. I got every game before its release and also some beta versions for display purposes. the manager used to let me take home games weeks before the release so I could record myself playing and they would show it on the monitors in the store. I just haaaad to move. dammit!!

So....... if we made the mistake in pre-ordering from CM will we be getting it later than the game stores? cause im not gonna wait an extra month mad.gif Ill just go and buy it from a store and cancel my order. the whole point to pre-ordering is to get it on the release date. But do the stores really have it allready? there are like 5 game stores in each of the 4 malls in my city so i might be able to get it...... might if i ask or something confused.gif

i ordered it from CM and i dont think it will get here in a month. I think it will get here on July 2nd, like they say it will. And if it doesnt, i will simply cancel the order and pick it up from my local store.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going on?confused.gif?confused.gif?? So will I be able to go out and buy it at Wal-mart:), or the local software store on July 2nd?confused.gif? I am confused. confused.gif

it means that they will ship out at July 2nd, so that it can be delievered on 3rd.

or you can just goto nearest game store and pick it up from shelves on 3rd.

EB has games already..just that they have contract with CM to put it on shelves on 3rd, instead of 28th. mad.gif

Maybe a quick summary will help some folks here get the picture:

UK release date: June 28

Europe release date: June 28 (European online retailers still showing this date)

North America release date: July 2

Rest of World release date: good question. My guess is no earlier than July 2.

Why was the N.A. date pushed off till July 2 and why are online stores in N. America showing dates from July 10, 11 and onward? Chances are that they manufactured the disks late enough so that overseas distribution couldn't coincide with Europe's.

It's not a month's delay. It's a 1 or 2 week delay. Not that that makes anyone happier, of couse. sad.gif

Well I am here to precise to any North American player to wait until july 10th as I already told u a week ago sad.gif. I am glad I am not the only one in pain, lets all suffer togethere in silence................

I don't know Avon....I talked to clerk at EB today(Tuesday) and he says he is supposed to get shipment today, thus indicating that at least NA has enough supply.

Well, if it's any conciliation, I won't be able to get it until August 25th, the day I get back from Meaford. I will be working at the base the whole summer, starting July 1st. sad.gif Oh well, at least they pay me. biggrin.gif

Tyler

heres what I think is going on with that EB store and the mixed message regarding them receiving shipments...the clerks at the EB stores check their web site for release dates (at least they do here)...if you go to ebworld.com and type in resistance in the search box it shows this:

(Pre-Order, Ships On 06/25/2002)

HOWEVER...if you click on the link for more info it says:

Ships On 7/9/2002

...what Im guess happened is that when you asked him he fired up the page...did a search for the title and came up with the 6/25 date...so he told you that they were expecting shipments today. I think their webmaster just forgot to change the date in both spots on the page...thus causing the confusion. Perhaps I'm wrong...just a theory.

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA        Score one for the BRITS.. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

im, sure  we'll post you some pictures while your waiting for your game tounge.gif

hummmmmm..... then why does the UK site show this. I will post it again like I did on the 3rd page of this

This is off the UK shop site

UK

UK site

It says 28th on one page but when you click on buy it says July 2

I just an email from codemasters today that says June 28th. But the link to order it for the US says July 2nd. So I'll just take the latest date of July 10th. If it gets here before that great. If not no big deal. It'll just give everyone else time to write walkthrough's for me biggrin.gif

Suchey,

I actually leaned over the counter and saw from their internal management program, not from website. EB stores do not use their website for management purpose, they have their own program that deals with inventory.

and on that program, it said shipment arrives on 25th.

but when I went their today, the guy did look at the same inventory management program as before and said they will get the shipment today, but will put it on shelf on 3rd, and said they can't do anything about it. if they sell it to me right now, they will be fined.

so it's contarct issue i guess

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ June 26 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hummmmmm..... then why does the UK site show this. I will post it again like I did on the 3rd page of this

This is off the UK shop site

UK

UK site

It says 28th on one page but when you click on buy it says July 2<span id='postcolor'>

Your second link is a CM US store link. Note the page title and price in dollars.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ June 26 2002,09:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA        Score one for the BRITS.. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

im, sure  we'll post you some pictures while your waiting for your game tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Recalling the original release of OFP, it's dejavu all over again! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 26 2002,10:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but when I went their today, the guy did look at the same inventory management program as before and said they will get the shipment today, but will put it on shelf on 3rd, and said they can't do anything about it. if they sell it to me right now, they will be fined.

so it's contarct issue i guess<span id='postcolor'>

Where's forum member JAP, who boasted a few days ago about getting it on the 25th?

Wonder when we Aussies are gonna get out copy confused.gif ?

I just went down to the local games store and technically they get theirs on 28th, altho he said in actuality, they'll probably get theirs on Monday 1st July. sad.gif

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 26 2002,02wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Suchey,

I actually leaned over the counter and saw from their internal management program, not from website. EB stores do not use their website for management purpose, they have their own program that deals with inventory.

but when I went their today, the guy did look at the same inventory management program as before and said they will get the shipment today, but will put it on shelf on 3rd, and said they can't do anything about it. if they sell it to me right now, they will be fined.

Ralph, just go to EB today with 11 of your friends and yell out:

"All, target EB store clerk!" biggrin.gif

You and your friends will be walking out of there with OFPR.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ June 26 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 26 2002,02wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Suchey,

Ralph, just go to EB today with 11 of your friends and yell out:

"All, target EB store clerk!" <!--emo&biggrin.gif

You and your friends will be walking out of there with OFPR.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Why do they delayed the release date of OFPR in the US if already some stores have it ?