Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Beta patch once a month enough?

Is it really necessary to release every second or sometimes every new day a new beta patch?

Wouldn't once per month be enough? It's getting a bit rediculous. There has just been a major patch along with ACR.

Having installed the latest patch that replaces a 24 hours old patch you can't join certain servers and when you don't install it, you can't join the other ones. Especially annoying for DayZ since it demands the latest beta.

Sure, it's good to see that BIS is eager to improve the game and to include the community in that process, but having a new vanilla version almost each day just clutters up everything even more.

Edited by RogueTrooper

Well, BI need to test the changes made as upcoming fixes/additions can be based on these. So they need fast feedback about the made changes. BI can't care how fast or slow some Mod-related servers do apply these patches.

It is up to you to make use of advanced tools to auto fetch the latest version.

Annoying for DayZ, maybe, but BIS didn't decide DayZ needed the latest beta to work. ;)

It kinda does get annoying to have Beta updated almost every other day, it's somehow caused some ACRE issues now, where If I don't have the absoluete latest patch ACRE won't connect [God help me with that]

They should care since most Day Z players bought that game soley for that purpose.

They should care since most Day Z players bought that game soley for that purpose.

Well, those people bought ArmA 2 CO for an alpha-state mod for ArmA 2 CO.

Are you really complaining that BI is constantly updating and making the game better for everyone?

Are you really complaining that BI is constantly updating and making the game better for everyone?

that maybe cheater in disguise ;-)

or competing company personnel, fearing that BIS success can terminate their ;-)

There's nothing wrong with frequent beta patches - if you don't like them, don't use them. Otherwise they're a great way to test fixes and to get fixes for bugs as soon as possible.

or simply use every 5'th or 10'th patch, but dlding just 10 mb each, and updating older beta with newer is very quick, not a big deal.

for me it take less than 20 seconds to install a beta patch (i'm getting good at it lol). not a big deal methinks..

1. It's not a matter of installing speed, I also get it done within 20 seconds.

2. I'm not complaining... at all... I think... one might read up to the end of my final sentence in the OP.

3. It's just about having a single vanilla game version 'out there' for several weeks that servers and clients can rely on without making stuff "incompatible" to each other that frequently.

Since it's existing, it's 'patched' several times a week. Seems to be a singularity in computer game history.

I'm not angry or what... just wanted to have it said.

Well, as has been the case in all previous ArmA 2 patches, you can use the stock 1.62 patch and play on just about any server.

DayZ, however, requires the latest beta. That not a BIS or ArmA 2 issue, but a DayZ issue. Since it seems you are primarily complaining about DayZ, maybe take the discussion over to their forums.

Betas are optional. What's the problem?

Install them once a month - problem solved.

This thread is about knowing how many coffee cups are spent each month in BIS :P

If you get the latest beta always, all dayz servers will be accessable without any problem !

DayZ should really not be requiring the beta patches.

Of course it should. Rocket uses new features from Beta patches in DayZ, all the time. BI is helping Rocket with those Beta patches!

Of course it should. Rocket uses new features from Beta patches in DayZ, all the time. BI is helping Rocket with those Beta patches!

He shouldn't be doing that.

Betas are betas for a reason. BI needs to be able do potentially bad things in betas.

You can't do that when you have 100k DayZ players automatically downloading and installing the beta through various launchers.

It's really time for a new stable patch release as things seems to have stabilized in DayZ now.

Look,

It's a good thing arma are actively working on there game engine to make it better/more stable. No one says you have to update to there beta's either.