Sign in to follow this  
Benoist

Get Serials from the [already] installed game

Hello lads,

I'm kind of a bit sticky situation to be honest, the thing is that I've lost the serials to install ARMA2 and ARMA2:OA, lovelly isn't it? I had them uploaded to a forum which went down a few days ago so I can't get them from there, and I tried to get them from the forum because my HDD fried last week, the forum was my backup.

So, I was asking to see if I can get the serials from the game, I still them installed and I can play with them (the crashed HDD was another one) but I don't want it to be the last time, nor pay for the game again (which sadly, it seems that I'll have to).

Oh, and to add insult to injury, I didn't brought the game, it was a friend's present (he brought it in SprocketIdea, he's name here is "FN-FAL", but he hasn't enter this forum for a while), and I've lost all contact with him, otherwise, I'd have send him an email to see if he still have the serials.

Well, that's my problem, there is any solution?

Cheers lads!

PS: I'm not asking for a serial, I don't cracked the game nor anything, and if you want a proof, I can join any MP server, but just with a tad of lag (I'm from South America after all!).

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Whoopsy! Haven't seen this thread, shall I post the same text in that one?

No, that thread is for other CD-key related issues. Yours is different.

The CD-key is encrypted so you can not retrieve it. Only thing you can do is keep a backup of those registery keys so you can apply them manually but I have no idea wether or not this will lead to issues.

Unless you can contact the person who gifted you the game I fear you will end up having to buy the game yourself.

Yeah, I've exported/imported the keys and it works fine. Just run regedit and export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio (and Bohemia Interactive which contains the paths to BattlEye just to be complete). If you're running XP rather than Win7, I think it's the same except skip the Wow6432Node part.

Then again, if you have to reinstall the game you'll need to enter a key to proceed so you'd better make sure you backup your Arma2 and Arma2OA folders as well.