I'm having a strange bug with this mission 2.073 lite CO.

People who join the server/game after the mission has first been started don't spawn with any money, Don't receive any income and don't get bounties from killing AI.

People who were in the lobby before the mission has started have no problems, Could anyone help?

Anyone know where to get Warfare BE 2.073.3 from?

And I also somehow have the feeling that Arma 2 development has been delayed in favor of Arma 3 BECTI.

I'm having a strange bug with this mission 2.073 lite CO.

People who join the server/game after the mission has first been started don't spawn with any money, Don't receive any income and don't get bounties from killing AI.

People who were in the lobby before the mission has started have no problems, Could anyone help?

There can be problems with bugged slots. Only solution is to tell the affected players to exit to lobby and pick a different slot. Either that or restart. I have to say though, I dont think we've had that issue since running 2.073.3

Anyone know where to get Warfare BE 2.073.3 from?

And I also somehow have the feeling that Arma 2 development has been delayed in favor of Arma 3 BECTI.

If its still running then you can grab the 2.073.3 files from the XR server. If not I have original copies of them. I should probably give Benny a poke first to make sure its OK for me to send them to you :)

Edited by Sari

Does anybody know whats the difference between this setting in the parameters?

TOWNS: Capture Mode (Camps) : Units Threshold and Classic.

Thanks

Threshold : if you have more units than the ennemy does inside the capture radius,you will get the town !

Classic : if there's only one soldier from the town occupation inside the radius,it will prevent you from capturing the town !

@DaleyG

WFmenu ===> Tactical center!

There is nothing called "helicopter support",but you will find many supports there ! (some may need to be ugraded first)

Hi Benny

I'm running a slightly self modified Warfare 2.073.3 with bits pinched from Nateos Warfare that i like plus a couple of scripts from here and there but i want to know is this the final version of Warfare for ArmA2? Hope's not, yours lovingly........

Jon :D

So .... can anyone enlighten me ? ...

1. Is WFBE ArmA 2 still going to be worked on ? I can entirely understand if the development focus moves to ArmA 3. There are only so many developers and so much time.

2. If WFBE is moving to ArmA 3 then I may consider getting a copy of ArmA 3. Is ArmA 3 capable of running the client and server on the same machine ? I tend to be an AI freak so run it this way.

3. Could ArmA 3 allow saving of the server state in a simpler way than ArmA 2 ? This is so I can shut down my machine and restart the server next time I start up my machine.

No News about this mission?

Well, if I remember correctly the next version (2.074) was going to be released on August last year, and since then there has been barely any updates. I tried to ask for info on the BECTI thread but I had no luck there either since Benny seems to be inactive in that thread too at the moment :/ Sooo... no news so far

Maybe he's sipping a Mohita on a Beach in Rio ?

I'll have to pipe up here again because I REALLY need this map.

Is anyone willing to help me convert 073 to Isla Duala ?

I've used WinMerge to try and make the changes needed. I get Duala loading but the WFBE scripts don't kick in. Don't understand why as Duala support seems to be in there already, I really just had to change a few references here and there.

Help !

EDIT: Forget it. I've got ArmA 3 and have found [sP]Dynamic Universal War System. There are other missions like this as well. So I'm in "warfare" heaven again :yay:

Edited by DJ_Barney

Benny could you adapt mission "WarfareV2_073LiteCO.Zargabad" under mod ACE2

sorry for my transfer curve

I went back to adapting as well as performance of ArmA 3 is so bad on my machine with the AI.

I got v2.073 Zargabad running on server with client. Performance is good never going below 20fps. This number of AI in ArmA 3 would just be hopeless at the moment.

I'd still like to adapt to Isla Duala. I did a file compare between 2.073 Takistan and Zargabad. The only file needs changing seems to be "mission.sqm".

Do I just change the "position=" statements to be appropriate for Isla Duala ?

Hello everyone,

I hope someone here can help me,I got a major issu with be warfare playing on CO / Chernarus

A friend of mine an me play once in while on a dedicated server, which is a pc at work. Everything worked fine, but out from nowhere, we are not able to play 2.073 on Chernarus. Just seconds befor the map starts you normally get the black screen saying "receiving mission", after that, you get the vote screen and can start. We are stuck on the black screen with the white writing. Weired thing is, I hear sound but have just the black screen. I can shoot, move even the AI starts building the base.

What I tried so far:

- made my pc a dedicated server and tried connecting with the other pc, same problem

- hosted a session with my pc as an mp, I can play, but when my friend wants to join, same problem.

- warfare 2.073 on Takistan works fine

- warfare 2.072 on Chernarrus, soldiers beam around (tried all kind of different settings)

- redownloaded the map from the page

- started the server without a server.cfg

- used a different server.exe

- tried the missions coming along with CO, working fine.

- if I start a MP game with 2.072 on my pc and a friend joins, every thing is "fine" (as fine as possible, regarding my internet-connection)

- trying the 2.069-2.071 missions, the server doesnt load the map. after you choose a map, there is the countdown for voting after this, nothing happens

What I didnt try is to reinstall arma on the server:

First, its a pain in the arse to install and patch everything :)

Second, I dont think its a problem with the game itself, cause other maps work fine and i have the same problem running the ded server or mp server on my pc.

For me, it looks like the current available map from the server is corrupt?

Some technical information:

- My and pc at work, running Windows 7 , 64bits

- latest versions of CO and OA are installed

I hope you guys (and women) can help us, we are getting tired of warfare on takistan ;)

thank you very much in advance and I hope everyone understands my english :cool:

Hello everyone,

I hope someone here can help me,I got a major issu with be warfare playing on CO / Chernarus

A friend of mine an me play once in while on a dedicated server, which is a pc at work. Everything worked fine, but out from nowhere, we are not able to play 2.073 on Chernarus. Just seconds befor the map starts you normally get the black screen saying "receiving mission", after that, you get the vote screen and can start. We are stuck on the black screen with the white writing. Weired thing is, I hear sound but have just the black screen. I can shoot, move even the AI starts building the base. [..]:cool:

You could load it up in the editor and have a look at it there. It might be the case that something like the towns are not set up properly.

Yo say you are bored of Takistan. I'm looking into converting 2.073 for other maps like Isla Duala (my favourite). As I understand it so far this involves setting up the towns in the editor. I should say that a possible final release would require the permission of Benny, but should be OK for personal use.

Sorry I been gone for so long, I been having problems with my gaming computer used to play ArmA 2 was having graphic driver problems, but I seem to have fixed it.

I have a working copy of warfare for Isla Duala that I built myself about a year ago that I can send to you, It will take me a little bit to convert it back to vanilla ArmA 2 units from my custom version.

The only thing it does not have is town templates for small games, I like playing full map warfare so if you want to play with fewer towns it can be easily set up to work.

I went back to adapting as well as performance of ArmA 3 is so bad on my machine with the AI.

I got v2.073 Zargabad running on server with client. Performance is good never going below 20fps. This number of AI in ArmA 3 would just be hopeless at the moment.

I'd still like to adapt to Isla Duala. I did a file compare between 2.073 Takistan and Zargabad. The only file needs changing seems to be "mission.sqm".

Do I just change the "position=" statements to be appropriate for Isla Duala ?

It's a little more involved then just changing position on the existing towns. The town name, and supply value should also be changed to suit the town.

Here is some information about how to setup towns in Warfare BE Starting from version 2.72 on

Game Logic -> Locations -> Depot - The towns main depot to capture and the center of the town, has a init line in the editor that looks like this

nullReturn = [this,"Nagara","+",30,120,1000] execVM "Common\Init\Init_Town.sqf";

The Red is the town name, this can contain spaces to make it look nice

The Yellow Number is Starting Supply Value - When the game starts and after you capture the town this is the value it starts at

The Blue Number is Max Supply Value - This is the max the town value can go

Game Logic -> Locations -> Camp - The camps that surround the town

Game Logic -> Objects -> Game Logic - The static Defenses that go with the towns, depending on the init line passed to them is what they will become when the town activates

Init Lines for the different defenses

this setVariable ['wfbe_defense_kind', ['MGNest','MG','AT','GL','AA']]; - This line is used for the camp static emplacements, The type defined in the brackets is which one it will choose randomly when the town activates

this setVariable ['wfbe_mortar', true]; - This line is used for the town defense mortar emplacements that were introduced in 2.072, put many of these around the town and it becomes EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to capture the town.

All camps and Defences are synchronized (F5) to the depot to link them to the towns

Here is a example town template in the Proving Grounds, Useful for copy-pasting in to any other maps and just moving the items and changing values

WarfareBE_Town_Template.ProvingGrounds_PMC

There is still a little more that has to be done to get the map to work, but hopefully this can get you started on creating your own town templates for warfare BE

Edited by fredkatz
Update Link

Maybe someone can provide me with an older version of 2.073 or can verify if he has the same issu with 2.073 using a new downloaded version of the mapa and a dedicated server?

If someone could send me a file, please send me a pn, i will give him my email adress.

Thank you very much.

Sorry I been gone for so long, I been having problems with my gaming computer used to play ArmA 2 was having graphic driver problems, but I seem to have fixed it.

I have a working copy of warfare for Isla Duala that I built myself about a year ago that I can send to you, It will take me a little bit to convert it back to vanilla ArmA 2 units from my custom version.

Would love to have a copy of it :)

The only thing it does not have is town templates for small games, I like playing full map warfare so if you want to play with fewer towns it can be easily set up to work.

It's a little more involved then just changing position on the existing towns. The town name, and supply value should also be changed to suit the town.

Here is some information about how to setup towns in Warfare BE Starting from version 2.72 on

Game Logic -> Locations -> Depot - The towns main depot to capture and the center of the town, has a init line in the editor that looks like this

nullReturn = [this,"Nagara","+",30,120,1000] execVM "Common\Init\Init_Town.sqf";

The Red is the town name, this can contain spaces to make it look nice

The Yellow Number is Starting Supply Value - When the game starts and after you capture the town this is the value it starts at

The Blue Number is Max Supply Value - This is the max the town value can go

Game Logic -> Locations -> Camp - The camps that surround the town

Game Logic -> Objects -> Game Logic - The static Defenses that go with the towns, depending on the init line passed to them is what they will become when the town activates

Init Lines for the different defenses

this setVariable ['wfbe_defense_kind', ['MGNest','MG','AT','GL','AA']]; - This line is used for the camp static emplacements, The type defined in the brackets is which one it will choose randomly when the town activates

this setVariable ['wfbe_mortar', true]; - This line is used for the town defense mortar emplacements that were introduced in 2.072, put many of these around the town and it becomes EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to capture the town.

All camps and Defences are synchronized (F5) to the depot to link them to the towns

Here is a example town template in the Proving Grounds, Useful for copy-pasting in to any other maps and just moving the items and changing values

WarfareBE_Town_Template.ProvingGrounds_PMC

There is still a little more that has to be done to get the map to work, but hopefully this can get you started on creating your own town templates for warfare BE

Thanks. I'll have a look at this and get to converting maps like Lingor.

Here is my skydrive folder with all of my Warfare BE map conversions

Warfare BE Maps

Currently it has a CO Version of Isla Duala

I also have Lingor, Dingor and a few other maps already done

Thanks to Law-Giver for the mission-file.

I "solved" the problem. When I tried the mission-file from Law-Giver, I experienced the same problems. So I did a re-installation.

Tried with new files, same problem. I went nuts... Just for fun I tested, whether I could run the CO map on a OA-server and it worked.

Tried this morning at home with an "old" Installation and it worked too.

So I think that the chernarus map only works running on a OA-server, maybe i forgot that we used OA before to play the chernarus map...dunno.

The important fact is, that we can play BE 2.073 with Chernarus :)

Have Benny made WarfareBE for Arma 3? All i want in Arma 3 is WarfareBE

I had a request from robbie84 to do Utes Warfare based on my Benny Warfare 2.073 edit so here it is, hot off the press. Sorry ****Link Removed****

It's a bit manic as it's such a small island but it's great for getting right in the thick of it, and believe me i died nearly every inch of the way to Strelka! Only had a quick playtest but everything seemed to work, saw both guerilla and east units. :D

My additional changes:

* Added marker on map for deploy tent.

* Added Tank Damage System by Rydygier & Nice_Boat.

* Added 3rd person vehicle/man/air disable by MOSES.

* Added in game player name tags 25m range.

* Added teleport from Nateos Warfare.

* Added anti-teamkill from Nateos Warfare.

* Tidied up map towns/respawn locations.

* Disabled vehicle markers, they weren't deleting when vehicles were removed/deleted. Odd!

* Base defence structures ie: Hesco/sandbag layout changed & reduced to make the base a little more vulnerable! Ai Commander only!

* Tweaked Parameters for my own amusement!

I thinks that's all i did, i'm getting too old to remember. Anyway....enjoy!!! Die well!!! ;)

I have two Nateos edits, Takistan & Chernarus, and i have the same again but Benny Warfare 2.073 my edit with changes as above! Will supply zip and link with all five if interested! ;)

Edited by Law-Giver
Remove Link!