yeah, common-sense -based units and group of units [ie based on HC/MOO -similar ideas] could be nice feat/improvement in control of both AI's and live player. up to army-level, probably.

@Benny.

Concerning onstruction menu tweaks,i moved contruction folder to client side ,moved requestdefense(structure) to common as functions and added them to init common and added them to client PVs, also modded coin_interface (srvfncrequeststructure(defense)) to cltfncrequeststruture(defense) ...

But when i deploy hq for example,i lose supplies but nothing happens ,no structure is created ... any idea why this is not working ?

Is there a way to keep the current setting but just to improve network transfer ?

You have to "commonize" the other server scripts (such as HQ Deploy script / Building construction script). Be aware that if you set the event handlers on the client-side (HQ destruction) and if the client disconnect, the HQ won't be repairable, it'll be considered as a wreck since event handlers created by the client vanish when the this one disconnect.

Yes please do the low/high gear for armor. I was tempted to take that script out of the .ru version and place it into vanilla BE. It's such a nice feature, not over powered, but useful.

*What I meant about the towns is that, you can rush off to any given town without fear of resistance along the way. Until mid/late game (usually) you don't have to worry about this. Then PvP comes in effect. At any rate, linked towns should generate at least a small patrol between the two. By linked I mean, if any given side owns 2 neighboring towns = linked. The patrol(s) could be of random types and sizes. You'd want to keep the patrol small for performance, but it would at least add another element to the game. Instead of jumping in a vehicle and sprinting off to a town with no regard for safety, you'd have to be paying attention atleast.

I'll check about those features.

I'm working on a Random ambush features (dynamic), this one will:

- Create checkpoints randomly between towns (between a friendly/enemy town).

- Create some random patrols.

You have to "commonize" the other server scripts (such as HQ Deploy script / Building construction script). Be aware that if you set the event handlers on the client-side (HQ destruction) and if the client disconnect, the HQ won't be repairable, it'll be considered as a wreck since event handlers created by the client vanish when the this one disconnect.

I picked up setlocality owner script from 073 and made hq local to commander like in 073 for now ...

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Oh yeah btw, you should add a simple parameter that allows AI crews (of players not resistance) to remain inside of an immobile vehicle. Too many times, my tracks get dammaged badly, but my turrets are fine, and the AI still bails.Instead of just staying in the tank and holding our ground with the operational turret(s). or my all time favorite, they bail while you're still moving. Thats epic.

vehicle allowCrewInImmobile bool

@Benny

I tried using the acemod=true function 2.073. It didnt load the sqf. I also tried copy and pasting it over the standard ones and it would just select a different loadout.

Any help please?

How can one make all spawned vehicle use allowCrewInImmobile command?

We have a big issue with the team killers (TK) in MP games at the moment. Lets see an example for CTI map with 16vs16 players when there is no admin on the server. Lets say that blue team has a TK who stays on the team base an kills all new spawned players or destroys team vehicles.

Obs

What we have now in this case. Blue team starts to complain in global channel that they have a TK and they want to kick him. They start to vote kick this player or vote for admin to kick him. TK can start to type that he is not TK and TK is someone else. Red team has no idea who TK in blue team is. So, all this voting in best case takes at least 20 mins and even more with more players on the server. This time is enough to ruin the game for the blue team. Even if TK was kicked from the server by voting he can rejoin and start to kill players again.

Prop

I would like to see Punish/Forgive system as it made in Battlefield2 game. When some player destroys team vehicle from another team player or destroys friendly structure or kills team player than we need an auto vote pop-up for that player whose vehicle has been destroyed or who was killed by TK player. In this vote pop-up player should choose to forgive or punish TK. If TK player got, for example 5 punishments within 15 mins then he will be automatically kicked from the server and not able to reconnect within 30 mins. In this case we do not need ask other players to vote because it takes too much time and not effective. There are situations when one player can kill many team players when they are in one vehicle. If you are the pilot with 10 players on-board and crash then 10 players will get Punish/Forgive pop-ups where they will choose if you did it for purpose or that was an accident.

yeah there's already quite a few different anti Tk scripts out there.

@Benny

i noticed that when playing 073 SP,the 'hit' EH works well especially when crewmen disembark of a tank and then it explodes and kill them,i get bounty for tank and crewmen.

But with the same situation on MP ,i get only money for tank ...

Is there a fix for this ?

I played two games on weekend and two games my team was suffering from the team killer. We have to do something with this aspect. The current vote system does not work well. I think both commanders need ability to kick players from their team who make team kills for purpose or destroy team vehicles or buildings. Now, when we have such crazy or stupid players joining the game we get more frustration than joy.

I played two games on weekend and two games my team was suffering from the team killer. We have to do something with this aspect. The current vote system does not work well. I think both commanders need ability to kick players from their team who make team kills for purpose or destroy team vehicles or buildings. Now, when we have such crazy or stupid players joining the game we get more frustration than joy.

There are already simple anti TK scripts out there, maybe benny could write one. Several game modes in the past used to often teleport teamkillers to a jail for a given amount of time and force them to listen to songs like "ring ring ring banana phone" for the entire duration. LOL

There are already simple anti TK scripts out there, maybe benny could write one. Several game modes in the past used to often teleport teamkillers to a jail for a given amount of time and force them to listen to songs like "ring ring ring banana phone" for the entire duration. LOL

That is nothing short of awesome

I picked up setlocality owner script from 073 and made hq local to commander like in 073 for now ...

Keep in mind that the EH need to be server-sided (other they vanish on client d/c).

Oh yeah btw, you should add a simple parameter that allows AI crews (of players not resistance) to remain inside of an immobile vehicle. Too many times, my tracks get dammaged badly, but my turrets are fine, and the AI still bails.Instead of just staying in the tank and holding our ground with the operational turret(s). or my all time favorite, they bail while you're still moving. Thats epic.

vehicle allowCrewInImmobile bool

I'm reworking the whole FSM, it's doable but it'll need some tweaking (enemy may disembark from the vehicle if there is no detected enemies within xxx meters).

@Benny

I tried using the acemod=true function 2.073. It didnt load the sqf. I also tried copy and pasting it over the standard ones and it would just select a different loadout.

Any help please?

modACE is only applied to Units, You need to tweak init_common.sqf to load other gears if needed.

How can one make all spawned vehicle use allowCrewInImmobile command?

Add the command in Client_BuildUnit/Server_BuyUnit at the end of the vehicle creation part.

We have a big issue with the team killers (TK) in MP games at the moment. Lets see an example for CTI map with 16vs16 players when there is no admin on the server. Lets say that blue team has a TK who stays on the team base an kills all new spawned players or destroys team vehicles.

Obs

What we have now in this case. Blue team starts to complain in global channel that they have a TK and they want to kick him. They start to vote kick this player or vote for admin to kick him. TK can start to type that he is not TK and TK is someone else. Red team has no idea who TK in blue team is. So, all this voting in best case takes at least 20 mins and even more with more players on the server. This time is enough to ruin the game for the blue team. Even if TK was kicked from the server by voting he can rejoin and start to kill players again.

Prop

I would like to see Punish/Forgive system as it made in Battlefield2 game. When some player destroys team vehicle from another team player or destroys friendly structure or kills team player than we need an auto vote pop-up for that player whose vehicle has been destroyed or who was killed by TK player. In this vote pop-up player should choose to forgive or punish TK. If TK player got, for example 5 punishments within 15 mins then he will be automatically kicked from the server and not able to reconnect within 30 mins. In this case we do not need ask other players to vote because it takes too much time and not effective. There are situations when one player can kill many team players when they are in one vehicle. If you are the pilot with 10 players on-board and crash then 10 players will get Punish/Forgive pop-ups where they will choose if you did it for purpose or that was an accident.

Could always check if player TK Count > 5 then toss them in a jail with stones while a swarm of cows/boar sing along.

@Benny

i noticed that when playing 073 SP,the 'hit' EH works well especially when crewmen disembark of a tank and then it explodes and kill them,i get bounty for tank and crewmen.

But with the same situation on MP ,i get only money for tank ...

Is there a fix for this ?

Locality at work :p, bit tricky to patch up.

Could always check if player TK Count > 5 then toss them in a jail with stones while a swarm of cows/boar sing along.

Just a TK Count > 5 will not work bacause this could be an accident as plane crash or car explosion. You would also have to check TK Count within some time. Like TK Count > 1 within 3 secs should be considered as one TK. If TK Count > 3 within 15 mins = punishment for 3 mins otherwise TK Count set to 0. Every next punishment time might be increased.

Hey Benny & WFBE Community

First of all, thanks to Benny for all the hard work on this mission. I have to say that i missed out on arma2 until just recently i got a proper PC for this game. Warfare BE is the most fun i had with a game in quite a while, so thanks for that. Totally looking forward to 074. Will 074 be a stable version and include support for all of the islands 071 had support for?

Additionally i have found out kind of a hacky way to save the game on a dedicated server. Im not sure if this is known already, ill just post it anyways because some people in this thread have been asking for something like this. I gotta admit that i mostly play Singleplayer and i have only tested this on my machine (Win7 Pro 64Bit) so i am not sure if this will work for everyone. I usually play Singleplayer with the dedicated Server AND the Client running on my PC (2500k OC'd to 4.4 ghz), as this - for some reason - gives me much better performance than just starting a normal LAN Server in the game. I hated not being able to save my progress, as games on big islands take a LOT of time to complete (which is a good thing really) so i started experimenting a bit.

What i found out is that you can freeze/unfreeze the dedicated Server completely using PSTools, which is a Tool offered by Microsoft that can freeze Processes within Windows. ((Sorry, cant post a clickable link with 0 posts) Link: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx)

Simply using this command: pssuspend.exe arma2oaserver.exe

and this command to resume: pssuspend.exe -r arma2oaserver.exe

you can suspend and resume the dedicated server whenever you like, without any issues whatsoever. While the server is frozen, it wil not show up in the Serverbrowser.

I even found out a way to suspend and resume the server PLUS the client on my machine to save the stuff that i bought. Usually when you just suspend and resume both in the wrong order, the client will disconnect from the server. Using the following code for 2 batch files (1 to suspend both processes, and 1 to resume both) will make that possible (Just create textfiles, copy/paste it there, fix the path to pstools and save it as batch files)

Suspend:

pssuspend.exe ArmA2OA.exe

PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 100 >NUL

pssuspend.exe arma2oaserver.exe

Resume:

pssuspend.exe -r ArmA2OA.exe

pssuspend.exe -r arma2oaserver.exe

Explanation: the PING command is just a dirty way to create a pause within a batch file. Unfortunately there is no other way to create pauses in batch files that can be set to a specific amount of milliseconds. (100 = 10ms)

The commands need to be in that particular order to propperly pause and resume both the server and the client without the client disconnecting.

The server and the client will of course use up ram while they are frozen, but absolutely no CPU at all. The only drawback is that you cant completely shutdown your pc as this will of course delete everything written in the ram. Putting the PC to energy-saving mode and resuming afterwards will work though. It is a dirty solution, i know that, but it pretty much has solved the saving-problem for me. At least i was able to actually finish quite a game on Lingor with Town Amount set to Full over a couple of days. I hope this helps some of the Singleplayer guys out there, and who knows... maybe even Windows-server admins will be interested in suspending dedicated servers with pstools. It won't save progress for Players who disconnect of course, so it is by no means a replacement for a proper database, but for SP it works pretty fine.

Edited by Kavoriken

Benny, I need some help. I want to add RACS to Warfare.

http://www.projectracs.armaholic.eu

Adding new West factions is easy, but RACS are from the Independant side. Can I get some help on what I need to do to get this working. Tried adding them to West as a faction, but the AI will just shoot each other (RACS vs RACS). I created WFBE_L_GUE game logic, synced the playable slots to it, but then wasn't sure what to do with all your code that only ever looks for "teamWest" or "teamEast" and never the Resistance/Guerilla side.

Does 2.073 support having INDEPENDENTS as one of the teams, without rewriting too much code?

Adding new West factions is easy, but RACS are from the Independant side. Can I get some help on what I need to do to get this working. Tried adding them to West as a faction, but the AI will just shoot each other (RACS vs RACS). I created WFBE_L_GUE game logic, synced the playable slots to it, but then wasn't sure what to do with all your code that only ever looks for "teamWest" or "teamEast" and never the Resistance/Guerilla side.

Does 2.073 support having INDEPENDENTS as one of the teams, without rewriting too much code?

racsSide setFriend [GUER, 1] - With the racs addon idk what side they are, so I used racsSide. Also idk if you'd use GUER or Resistance. At any rate, you can set who's friendly to who.

Side relations Additional Info

Will that work, or is it a guess?

"setFriend" looks like it only works for setting the friendly status of a "side" and not a "faction".

If I set Resistance and West to friendly (both ways) then the Town Resistance won't attack the West team.

Nevermind. Looks like I got it all working now.

GUER vs EAST, with WEST as Town Resistance.

Lots of tweaking to do still, will post later when it's at a public release stage.

Benny - Can fix heavy fac balance in 071 map ( equal amount of supply need to have tanks for east and west team) ? (Best solution to give tanks on fact of building HF +uptrades to have t90/m1a2 and Tunguska/M6)

Can you change behavior of camps in 073.If you destroy camp and set condition to capture all camps to take town.If camp destroyed, it should be not require to be taken to take town.Players exploit too often - take towns and destroy all camps on purpose.

in 0.71: how can i add additional enemy AI patrols on the map? i'd like to take the existing warfare BE map and add some extra AI enemies at various places on the map but when i do so in the editor, the enemies don't appear upon preview.

in 0.71: how can i add additional enemy AI patrols on the map? i'd like to take the existing warfare BE map and add some extra AI enemies at various places on the map but when i do so in the editor, the enemies don't appear upon preview.

Honestly, I'd just wait for 074. I'm pretty sure Benny is doing some sort of patrol system inbetween the towns.

Hey Benny & WFBE Community

First of all, thanks to Benny for all the hard work on this mission. I have to say that i missed out on arma2 until just recently i got a proper PC for this game. Warfare BE is the most fun i had with a game in quite a while, so thanks for that. Totally looking forward to 074. Will 074 be a stable version and include support for all of the islands 071 had support for?

Additionally i have found out kind of a hacky way to save the game on a dedicated server. Im not sure if this is known already, ill just post it anyways because some people in this thread have been asking for something like this. I gotta admit that i mostly play Singleplayer and i have only tested this on my machine (Win7 Pro 64Bit) so i am not sure if this will work for everyone. I usually play Singleplayer with the dedicated Server AND the Client running on my PC (2500k OC'd to 4.4 ghz), as this - for some reason - gives me much better performance than just starting a normal LAN Server in the game. I hated not being able to save my progress, as games on big islands take a LOT of time to complete (which is a good thing really) so i started experimenting a bit.

What i found out is that you can freeze/unfreeze the dedicated Server completely using PSTools, which is a Tool offered by Microsoft that can freeze Processes within Windows. ((Sorry, cant post a clickable link with 0 posts) Link: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx)

Simply using this command: pssuspend.exe arma2oaserver.exe

and this command to resume: pssuspend.exe -r arma2oaserver.exe

you can suspend and resume the dedicated server whenever you like, without any issues whatsoever. While the server is frozen, it wil not show up in the Serverbrowser.

I even found out a way to suspend and resume the server PLUS the client on my machine to save the stuff that i bought. Usually when you just suspend and resume both in the wrong order, the client will disconnect from the server. Using the following code for 2 batch files (1 to suspend both processes, and 1 to resume both) will make that possible (Just create textfiles, copy/paste it there, fix the path to pstools and save it as batch files)

Suspend:

pssuspend.exe ArmA2OA.exe

pssuspend.exe arma2oaserver.exe

Resume:

pssuspend.exe -r ArmA2OA.exe

pssuspend.exe -r arma2oaserver.exe

Explanation: the PING command is just a dirty way to create a pause within a batch file. Unfortunately there is no other way to create pauses in batch files that can be set to a specific amount of milliseconds. (100 = 10ms)

The commands need to be in that particular order to propperly pause and resume both the server and the client without the client disconnecting.

The server and the client will of course use up ram while they are frozen, but absolutely no CPU at all. The only drawback is that you cant completely shutdown your pc as this will of course delete everything written in the ram. Putting the PC to energy-saving mode and resuming afterwards will work though. It is a dirty solution, i know that, but it pretty much has solved the saving-problem for me. At least i was able to actually finish quite a game on Lingor with Town Amount set to Full over a couple of days. I hope this helps some of the Singleplayer guys out there, and who knows... maybe even Windows-server admins will be interested in suspending dedicated servers with pstools. It won't save progress for Players who disconnect of course, so it is by no means a replacement for a proper database, but for SP it works pretty fine.

Nice find :)

Still i'll try to make it more save-proof in the future.

Hey,

073 Can have:

- Guer vs East.

- Guer vs West.

- East vs West.

Like if you want to have Guer vs West (without using setFriend) from the takistan stock version you have to:

- Remove east players & logic

- Add a guer logic "WFBE_L_GUE" and sync the players on it.

- Tweak guer config files to include RACS.

Everything else shall be handled dynamically by the code afaik.

Benny - Can fix heavy fac balance in 071 map ( equal amount of supply need to have tanks for east and west team) ? (Best solution to give tanks on fact of building HF +uptrades to have t90/m1a2 and Tunguska/M6)

Can you change behavior of camps in 073.If you destroy camp and set condition to capture all camps to take town.If camp destroyed, it should be not require to be taken to take town.Players exploit too often - take towns and destroy all camps on purpose.

I'll check about the balance as i'm going to rework the buy menu aswell.

I know about the second one, it'll be addressed.

Honestly, I'd just wait for 074. I'm pretty sure Benny is doing some sort of patrol system inbetween the towns.

Ambushes* :)

Can anyone tell me how i can find/edit ALL of the selectable buy types for the AI?

I found some in the files under \Common\Config\Core_Squads

None of the Infantry/Motorized/Mechanized buy types are preconfigured in these files though.