Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I've read about 30 pages on this topic to no avail and couldn't find any other threads on the forum (I might have been stupid and missed something though). I've recently downloaded the 2.073 version and have a couple of questions:

- Where can I find the full release notes about this version? Specifically I'm trying to find out the difference between the 48 and 56 file versions and a full explanation as to the headless client feature.

- I'm mostly using this mod in 2 or 3 player over lan and letting AI do most of the commanding whilst I provide support/transport etc to my friends. In this latest version, The AI players spawn away from the HQ (right at the edge of the map) at the start and do not seem to do anything, even once the AI commander is selected. Is there a new parameter or something that I have missed?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

- I'm mostly using this mod in 2 or 3 player over lan and letting AI do most of the commanding whilst I provide support/transport etc to my friends. In this latest version, The AI players spawn away from the HQ (right at the edge of the map) at the start and do not seem to do anything, even once the AI commander is selected. Is there a new parameter or something that I have missed?

Thanks in advance!

Check parameters,enable AI squads besides the AI commander !

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I've read about 30 pages on this topic to no avail and couldn't find any other threads on the forum (I might have been stupid and missed something though). I've recently downloaded the 2.073 version and have a couple of questions:

- Where can I find the full release notes about this version? Specifically I'm trying to find out the difference between the 48 and 56 file versions and a full explanation as to the headless client feature.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Teebs, welcome to the forum. If i remember right 48 & 56 were the max player count. And Headless is a headache to explain but if you read this by Monsoon http://www.clearbackblast.com/Files/HCtutorial.pdf it should explain it. I don't think you need to worry too much about HC anyway.

Try my link in the above post and see if that works okay. Put it in your MPMission folder to give it a playtest. You need to play it on a dedi server though to get the best out of it! Hope that answers your questions. ;)

Thanks for your help guys, I'll play about and see what happens.

Guess I'll wait for the Zargabad version of the new BE (assuming it happens).

Fantastic mod Benny, keep it up!

Edited by Teebs
Deleting stupid question

Post Deleted! Nothing important anyway ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

Well I know I'm late to the game, but I'm looking for a Warfare game that don't bug out on me after so long playing it. The ones I have all get buggy after a bit... like the AI stop shooting or your AI just stands around. Had a some no re-spawn problems too but that don't seem to happen always.

Now I might be using some outdated part of the mission... so if someone would be kind a give me some kind of short list of (Newest/Updated) Warfare Missions (With what map) I'd be greatful! The Warfare Missions are what make Arma2 fun for me!

(Oh and note they need to be able to run on MP with 2 to 3 players.)

Well I know I'm late to the game, but I'm looking for a Warfare game that don't bug out on me after so long playing it. The ones I have all get buggy after a bit... like the AI stop shooting or your AI just stands around. Had a some no re-spawn problems too but that don't seem to happen always.

Now I might be using some outdated part of the mission... so if someone would be kind a give me some kind of short list of (Newest/Updated) Warfare Missions (With what map) I'd be greatful! The Warfare Missions are what make Arma2 fun for me!

(Oh and note they need to be able to run on MP with 2 to 3 players.)

I've played Warfare for over 4 hours online with my mate and haven't had ai stand still, that's more likely to happen if you host and play on your own PC! I play on my rented Vilayer server to get the best out of it! Although i posted my 071 versions, i have 2.072 and 2.073.3 edits. I'm a warfare addict! :D

Warfare 2.071 is the stable version which is why i posted a link to them and not my other edits, although they're all on my server! ;)

I've had requests for some Warfare edits on Rubbers forum so i thought i'd post them here as well.

ACE 2.071. Can't remember what i added.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._ACE_2.071.zip

Benny's 2.073.3. Changes i remember.

* Added marker on map for deploy tent.

* Added Tank Damage System by Rydygier & Nice_Boat.

* Added 3rd person vehicle/man/air disable by MOSES. 3rd person in car and air disabled!

* Added in game player name tags 25m range.

* Added anti-teamkill. I think???

* Tidied up map towns/respawn locations.

* Disabled vehicle markers, hated them.

* Base defence structures ie: MG/Med/Hesco/sandbag layout changed and/or reduced to make the base a little more vulnerable! Ai Commander only!

* Tweaked Parameters for my own amusement!

* Changed warfarebcamp and warfarebdepot in Utes & Chernarus to Land_Fort_Watchtower & Land_fortified_nest_big_EP1. Looks better!

* Added wind & dust effect. Had it on my modded DayZ so carried it over.

* Added third vehicle at mission start. (Credits to Awesome and Wasp for the script). Woodland types on Utes & Cherno & Desert on Taki & Zarg!

* Added teleport script but edited GUI and stringtable. (Credits to Yourry). Changed text "Teleport" to "Return to base".

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...areV2_0733.zip

I can't link my 2073.3 Nateos or Sari edits as i don't have permission. But they are cool! Hehe!

Edited by Law-Giver

I've come back to this after so long... in v2.071, how do I command the AI to attack specific towns? That used to be really obvious / easy in earlier versions.

On what altitude AIR will show on map, for anti air radar?

I can't link my 2073.3 Nateos or Sari edits as i don't have permission. But they are cool! Hehe!

Lil late to the party but as far as im concerned, use whatever you want from what ive done to the mission

On what altitude AIR will show on map, for anti air radar?

By default, 100m. One of the things i did was make this into a 3 level upgrade which improves detections height from 500m > 200m > 100m > 50m.

Lil late to the party but as far as im concerned, use whatever you want from what ive done to the mission.

Thanks buddy, will provide a link as soon as. ;)

Hi, I haven't seen Benny post in a long time, so I hope this post finds him and he can address some balance issues in 2.073

Mi-24 Hind "D"

This used to have a bunch of S-5 rockets.. This variant was useless with it's 7.62 MG and Falanga missle which never finds it's target.. but for infantry and light skin vehicles, it had a purpose with the S-5 rockets.. Why take them away? makes the "d" version Hind completely a waste of time.

SU-25

Same as above.. Rockets were removed + cost of airplane is too high.. There is an issue with planes like this - as well as the A-10 that have no missile detection system whatsoever. Any one with stinger, or AA pod, can shoot these down with almost 100% accuracy as missle detection system is absent and no missile shows up on their radar. Therefore, price should be offset to reflect this until BI fixes this KNOWN ISSUE.

A-10 price change, see above.

Artillery ( MLRS,GRAD, D-30, M113,) AI randomly blows itself up while calling fire mission. Even if distance is OK - not set to "too close ". This is a bug and at some point int the mission, I ALWAYS lose my artillery due to rounds landing on own guns.. This needs to be fixed!

Hull Gunner/ Loader not firing while player in vehicle. Seems like if you were in let's say M1A1 Tusk.. Ai commander detects multiple AI threats to the 12 o'clock position.. Tank is oriented 12 o'clock, but only the gunner and SOMETIMES the commander fire on threats, while the loader remains idle. when you step out of the vehicle, all three mgs open up. The same could be said of the BMP-3, both hull gunners don't shoot until you exit the vehicle..

If I think of anything else, i'll add it on later..

THANKS!

...WHY oh why is ace warfare that's not over 4 years old so hard to find and every link I get to a version that works with newest ace are all broken... is it coz I love it so much why its gone?

I have newest 0.67 ace warfare but none of the missions work, it stays on the black loading screen and ai commander is auto selected after the minute and they play but it remains black for me..., please anyone as my pc isn't good enuf for arma3.

EDIT: literally minutes after writing this I found ace warfare chux 1.8.. but it stays on loading black screen and im near the water.. this is so depressing... anyone know of a version of warfare in existence that works still?? PLEASE...

Edited by StuGJ88

Does Benny still work on this, if not who is, or who do i need to contact to ask specific questions?

BG,

Revichev

Does Benny still work on this, if not who is, or who do i need to contact to ask specific questions?

BG,

Revichev

I doubt anyone is working on this anymore Revichev. Moved onto ArmA 3 i guess. No reason why you couldn't post a question, someone may reply to it. ;)

I doubt anyone is working on this anymore Revichev. Moved onto ArmA 3 i guess. No reason why you couldn't post a question, someone may reply to it. ;)

Thanks mate, well i was working on a conversion of the Arma 3 BECTI just to add some units to it, wanted permission for it.

Already done with that, have send the files to Sari for his conversion so he can use the units. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2706637

Bg Revichev

Could anyone please tell me how to change the default parameters? I searched all day and couldn't find an answer. I can change the parameters when I start the game, but after I exit, they're gone and I have to do it all again. Isn't there any way to change the default ones?

I extracted the .pbo mission into a folder, found the Init_CommonConstants.sqf file (as suggested by BI wiki), rewrote a few things in the AI part, saved it and packed into .pbo again. But nothing was changed ingame. I can't even understand why the AI is disabled everytime, even although in all 4 BE warfare missions, there is defaultly a line in the file, saying:

if (isNil "WFBE_C_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED") then {WFBE_C_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 1};

So I downloaded the WFBE_ParametersSetter program from BE website and opened the folder in that. It also said that the AI and other things I've previously changed in the text file, are still on the same value as in the game. I also don't understand how to use this program- after changing the params, it gives me a piece of text code that I don't know where to put, looking like this:

class Missions
{
class 56_warfarev2_073-2litecohc_Takistan
{
	template = "56_warfarev2_073-2litecohc.Takistan";
	difficulty = "veteran";
	class Params
	{
                       WFBE_C_AI_DELEGATION = 0;
          		WFBE_C_AI_MAX = 16;
etc., the rest of variables declared here...

So does anyone know where to put this thing? I tried pasting it right under the text in Init_CommonConstants.sqf, but after starting ingame, it gives me an error "Script Common\Config\Core_Root\Root_any.sqf not found".

Again, all I want to do is to change the default parameters. I apologize if there is any clear way to do it, but I am already tired after spending hours by searching for such a thing...

EDIT

Just found where to change the default params, it's all in the Parameters.hpp file under the Rsc folder. So, after all, the Init_CommonConstants has no effect at all. I hope I'm doing it the right way now and nothing can get wrong this time, it would also be nice to be able to change the values while the server is running but I guess that isn't possible, right?

I just cannot find the other thing I am looking for- where to change the default player loadout? I don't like that I don't spawn with a GPS, is there any way to change it? Found where I can change the presets, but not the default one you spawn with

Edited by ElHyperion

Unpbo the mission using (eliteness+depbo) and check Rsc/parameter.hpp, edit it and repack it.

I just cannot find the other thing I am looking for- where to change the default player loadout? I don't like that I don't spawn with a GPS, is there any way to change it? Found where I can change the presets, but not the default one you spawn with

Try looking in Common\Config\Loadout\Loadout_USMC.sqf for example. If i remember right, correct me if i'm wrong! ;)

//--- Loadout - Templates (note that backpacks content require the weapons to be first), use -1 to use the default BP content.
_u 		= [[['m16a4','Colt1911','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['30Rnd_556x45_Stanag','HandGrenade_West','7Rnd_45ACP_1911'],[6,2,8]]]];
_u = _u + [[['M16A4_GL','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['30Rnd_556x45_Stanag','HandGrenade_West','1Rnd_HE_M203'],[10,2,8]]]];
_u = _u + [[['G36C','M136','NVGoggles','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['30Rnd_556x45_G36','M136'],[6,1]]]];
_u = _u + [[['M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo','SMAW','NVGoggles','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD','SMAW_HEAA','1Rnd_HE_M203'],[6,3,8]]]];
_u = _u + [[['M4A1_Aim','Javelin','NVGoggles','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['30Rnd_556x45_Stanag','Javelin'],[6,1]]]];
_u = _u + [[['M4A1_Aim','Stinger','NVGoggles','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['30Rnd_556x45_Stanag','Stinger'],[6,1]]]];
_u = _u + [[['m16a4_acg','M9','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['30Rnd_556x45_Stanag','Mine','15Rnd_9x19_M9'],[6,3,8]]]];
_u = _u + [[['M4A1_AIM_SD_camo','M9SD','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD','PipeBomb','15Rnd_9x19_M9SD'],[6,3,8]]]];
_u = _u + [[['M240','Colt1911','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['100Rnd_762x51_M240','SmokeShellBlue','7Rnd_45ACP_1911'],[5,2,8]]]];
_u = _u + [[['MG36','Colt1911','NVGoggles','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag','SmokeShellBlue','7Rnd_45ACP_1911'],[5,2,8]]]];
_u = _u + [[['DMR','M9SD','NVGoggles','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['20Rnd_762x51_DMR','HandGrenade_West','15Rnd_9x19_M9SD'],[10,2,8]]]];
_u = _u + [[['m107','M9SD','NVGoggles','Binocular','ItemCompass','ItemGPS','ItemMap','ItemRadio','ItemWatch'],[['10Rnd_127x99_m107','HandGrenade_West','15Rnd_9x19_M9SD'],[10,2,8]]]];

Could someone explain to me the different playable classes, please? Like what their special abilities are and explain those abilities too if they are not self explanatory.

Thanks!

I was wondering if you/someone could add the ACR DLC units? I'm so far from even being a noob at editing. I would so love to use Czech stuff in Warfare.

As to player specializations go the Officer has the deployable MASH tent which acts as a spawn point, Team Leader IIRC has lockpick to steal vehicles, Medics are well medics, Snipers can Spot (not sure what that does really) Engies can repair vehicles, and that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Edited by GodofAnger

I was wondering if you/someone could add the ACR DLC units? I'm so far from even being a noob at editing. I would so love to use Czech stuff in Warfare.

As to player specializations go the Officer has the deployable MASH tent which acts as a spawn point, Team Leader IIRC has lockpick to steal vehicles, Medics are well medics, Snipers can Spot (not sure what that does really) Engies can repair vehicles, and that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

ACR are already accounted for. Here's a snippet from Core_ACR.sqf. ;)

/* ACR Configuration */
Private ['_c','_get','_i','_p','_z'];

_c = [];
_i = [];

/* Infantry */
_c = _c + ['CZ_Soldier_Light_DES_EP1'];
_i = _i + [['','',125,4,-1,0,0,0.85,'Czech',[]]];

_c = _c + ['CZ_Soldier_DES_EP1'];
_i = _i + [['','',150,4,-1,0,0,0.85,'Czech',[]]];

_c = _c + ['CZ_Soldier_B_DES_EP1'];
_i = _i + [['','',150,4,-1,0,0,0.85,'Czech',[]]];

_c = _c + ['CZ_Soldier_AT_DES_EP1'];