Sounds perfect. No idea how you do such hogwarts magic but it sounds great :)

Would be a good to get feedback on how it improves the server overall performance using that type of system.

Also.

The files I Sent you we updated one.

Call.sqf in the revive folder is now.

_uid = getPlayerUID player;
_position = run find _uid;

_moaning = ["P0_moan_13_words.wss","P0_moan_14_words.wss","P0_moan_15_words.wss","P0_moan_16_words.wss","P0_moan_17_words.wss","P0_moan_18_words.wss","P0_moan_19_words.wss","P0_moan_20_words.wss"];
_randommoan = _moaning select floor(random(count _moaning));
_moanfile = Format ["a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\%1", _randommoan]; 

if (_position == -1) then {  
   playSound3D [_moanfile, player, false, getPos player, 1, 1, 0];
   run = (run - [_uid]) + [_uid]; publicvariable "run";
   sleep 5;
   run = run - [_uid];publicvariable "run";
} else {
   player groupchat "you need to wait....";
};

Thanks Fluit !

It plays a random Medic shout when the button is pressed.

The playsound3d is still buggy but that's a BIStiality :)

It could be expanded more if you randomised the P0_ part of the name to be P0 - P3 and the path to be Person0 - Person3

we uncommented the stop all key press while uncon in the revive_funcs because the dialog works well enuf now.

noesckey = (findDisplay 2000) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "true"];

and

(findDisplay 2000) displayRemoveEventHandler ["KeyDown", noesckey];

I don't know if its just my Edit or not but we have been getting a consistent bug whereby you cannot hear the gun shots of the resistance weapons, only the impacts of the bullets.

Have you or anyone else encountered this bug or is it just my edit ?

Edited by BL1P

Benny can you include the option to disable ambient wildlife and noise via http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableEnvironment http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/enableEnvironment

Also I'm sure it's on the list but if it isn't gear that is dropped by players is not being cleaned up and I'm sure that doesn't help server performance. And why the radical shift away from mobile forms of respawn?

Would you also be able to explain your methodology of assigning prices to vehicles and unit's sometimes I don't really follow why a unit's price is the way it is. I think prices should represent the offensive capabilities of a unit (without rearming) e.g. a UAV can destroy a maximum of six vehicles in one pass now if we were to average each ground vehicles price and then multiply it by six we might have more interesting prices.

Tanks would also be interesting price wise because they can destroy many many vehicles in one deployment without rearming and yet they have always been very cheap.

If anything it would encourage less disregard to the assets life, like the feeling I get when I purchase a expensive helicopter or jet resulting in much tamer use of these assets i.e not charging into a base or town because you know you can just purchase another if you die.

Edited by Baskerville

Ok the call.sqf sounds suck... ignore them.

The playsound3d is too buggy for this to work yet :(

Also I'm sure it's on the list but if it isn't gear that is dropped by players is not being cleaned up and I'm sure that doesn't help server performance.

i second the gear issue, after 3-4h session base looks like pile of weapons and ammo

I know why the AI shoot silent bullets now.

I am just trying to prove that I know why :)

@Benny I am not sure whats causing this... but try this.

I think its because the AI can see that they have a mag in the vest or uniform or backpack but cannot use it.

in the becti 096 A3 mission.

set blufor com as this allowdamage false;

Walk into a res town (preferably without a vehicle).

Let the AI shoot you untill they reload then watch as all of them start shooting silent bullets.

No muzzle flash and no sounds. (only impact sounds)

I tested this on an untouched BECTI 096 (well except the com was this allowdamage false)

Ill record this at some point and post what happens.

Edited by BL1P

Is there anything you can do about pricks coming in and turning off the AI in slots? It breaks the slot permanently.

@Benny.

I have ran 3 different versions of becti and 3 other mission types DOMI included that create AI via script.

All of them have the same bug. AI will shoot silent after reloading.

Seems this is a BIS Arma3 bug and not a mission related bug.

vote :)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15044

Edited by BL1P

@Benny

Seems you're determined to make rearming & repairing cost money, even when I'm sat next to a fully functional ammo/repair truck. Seems you're having trouble understanding why it needs to be free. I just spent $500-600 on a truck and then had to wait for it to drive to the front lines. Then I'm expected to pay again just to use it. No thanks.

Resolve this game breaking issue please.

@Benny

Seems you're determined to make rearming & repairing cost money, even when I'm sat next to a fully functional ammo/repair truck. Seems you're having trouble understanding why it needs to be free. I just spent $500-600 on a truck and then had to wait for it to drive to the front lines. Then I'm expected to pay again just to use it. No thanks.

and then people will abuse to rearm tablocking attackchoppers for free

@Benny

You spent 500-600 on a truck to have the ability to rearm / repair via a mobile vehicle out side of the range of the repair factory.

Seems you are unable to comprehend that concept :)

You buy the vehicle so you can perform the actions in the field, not so you get free repairs !!!

That is how I see it anyway. This system seems fair gameplay.

magic rearm / repair is not enabled :)

Your next post will say

"but i can buy a repair soldier.Who does the same shit for free "

My anser will be:-

"yes you can but he runs slow compared to a truck and does 75% of the work when he gets there".

Edited by BL1P

Sounds perfect. No idea how you do such hogwarts magic but it sounds great :)

Would be a good to get feedback on how it improves the server overall performance using that type of system.

Also.

The files I Sent you we updated one.

Call.sqf in the revive folder is now.

_uid = getPlayerUID player;
_position = run find _uid;

_moaning = ["P0_moan_13_words.wss","P0_moan_14_words.wss","P0_moan_15_words.wss","P0_moan_16_words.wss","P0_moan_17_words.wss","P0_moan_18_words.wss","P0_moan_19_words.wss","P0_moan_20_words.wss"];
_randommoan = _moaning select floor(random(count _moaning));
_moanfile = Format ["a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\%1", _randommoan]; 

if (_position == -1) then {  
   playSound3D [_moanfile, player, false, getPos player, 1, 1, 0];
   run = (run - [_uid]) + [_uid]; publicvariable "run";
   sleep 5;
   run = run - [_uid];publicvariable "run";
} else {
   player groupchat "you need to wait....";
};

Thanks Fluit !

It plays a random Medic shout when the button is pressed.

The playsound3d is still buggy but that's a BIStiality :)

It could be expanded more if you randomised the P0_ part of the name to be P0 - P3 and the path to be Person0 - Person3

we uncommented the stop all key press while uncon in the revive_funcs because the dialog works well enuf now.

noesckey = (findDisplay 2000) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "true"];

and

(findDisplay 2000) displayRemoveEventHandler ["KeyDown", noesckey];

I don't know if its just my Edit or not but we have been getting a consistent bug whereby you cannot hear the gun shots of the resistance weapons, only the impacts of the bullets.

Have you or anyone else encountered this bug or is it just my edit ?

You should try to use the only publicvariable in the mission for it (saves up some bandwidth during JIP even if it's minimal)

Benny can you include the option to disable ambient wildlife and noise via http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableEnvironment http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/enableEnvironment

Also I'm sure it's on the list but if it isn't gear that is dropped by players is not being cleaned up and I'm sure that doesn't help server performance. And why the radical shift away from mobile forms of respawn?

Would you also be able to explain your methodology of assigning prices to vehicles and unit's sometimes I don't really follow why a unit's price is the way it is. I think prices should represent the offensive capabilities of a unit (without rearming) e.g. a UAV can destroy a maximum of six vehicles in one pass now if we were to average each ground vehicles price and then multiply it by six we might have more interesting prices.

Tanks would also be interesting price wise because they can destroy many many vehicles in one deployment without rearming and yet they have always been very cheap.

If anything it would encourage less disregard to the assets life, like the feeling I get when I purchase a expensive helicopter or jet resulting in much tamer use of these assets i.e not charging into a base or town because you know you can just purchase another if you die.

I'll set the enableEnvironment on false by now.

I assign price depending on my mood :), of course they need tweaking. Suggestions are always welcome.

i second the gear issue, after 3-4h session base looks like pile of weapons and ammo

I'll try to work some cleanup stuff but it may be "greedy" for an instant. I'm thinking of a world-checkup each 20 mins.

Is there anything you can do about pricks coming in and turning off the AI in slots? It breaks the slot permanently.

I will try to create an advanced Init system for disabled slots, the lobby slot label may not match the ingame label thought.

@Benny.

I have ran 3 different versions of becti and 3 other mission types DOMI included that create AI via script.

All of them have the same bug. AI will shoot silent after reloading.

Seems this is a BIS Arma3 bug and not a mission related bug.

vote :)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15044

That's a bistery

@Benny

That's another bistery

(Repair truck is an actual repair truck, Same applies to reammo truck)

Edited by Benny.

I assign price depending on my mood :), of course they need tweaking. Suggestions are always welcome.

There are so many tweaked versions of your mod its difficult to determine what a good price is for each vehicle. Got any server recommendations so I can get a feel for an untouched BE version?

and then people will abuse to rearm tablocking attackchoppers for free

Easy, stick a cooldown on it. Plenty of ways to balance it without it costing money. Putting a price on it is just lazy balancing. Right now I'm done with this if incomes aren't improved or servicing vehicles isn't free. Arma 2 Bennys was about having 4 tanks under my control and in Arma 3 I can barely afford the upkeep of having a single tank.

Easy, stick a cooldown on it. Plenty of ways to balance it without it costing money. Putting a price on it is just lazy balancing. Right now I'm done with this if incomes aren't improved or servicing vehicles isn't free. Arma 2 Bennys was about having 4 tanks under my control and in Arma 3 I can barely afford the upkeep of having a single tank.

1: cooldown is a bit MMO thing, not my cup ;)

2: ammo should cost money, this is asset what cost alot of money. idael play is that you must return ammo truck to base to buy ammo and then travel back to battlefield. nothing should be free. repair can be somewhat cheaper then ammo but still, in order to repair broken tank u must have parts, but tools are usually durable.

3: you lucky that you dont have to use fuel truck :D (most of the times)

Benny I think there could be a bug in BECTI (Arma 3).

When you are about to build structure and you keep running around with the "preview" of the structure, and if you hover it over any destructible bridge, it will demolish the bridge.

Edited by Syphonix

Don't know if already mentioned but you can exploit the starting gear for 200 dollars of cold hard cash by selling respawning, rinse repeat.

Is it possible to repair HQ if destroyed in deployed state (as a building) in 2.73 Takistan Warfare?

Someone told me it is possible (via repair truck menu - repair camp)...but i tried it and it is not possible imo

tho - i repaired it if destroyed as vehicle (menu - repair HQ) many times without problem

Is it possible to repair HQ if destroyed in deployed state (as a building) in 2.73 Takistan Warfare?

Someone told me it is possible (via repair truck menu - repair camp)...but i tried it and it is not possible imo

tho - i repaired it if destroyed as vehicle (menu - repair HQ) many times without problem

Yes it is possible, when the HQ is destroyed it will spawn a HQ wreck regardless of its current deployment state. To repair it you need a repair truck. If you build a repair truck and go upto it you should see an option for 'repair MHQ' in your scroll menu (repair camp is for town strongpoints that have been destroyed). To repair the HQ , simply drive upto the wreck with your rep truck and hit this option. Its costs 20,000 supply the first time and this price increases each time the Hq gets destroyed.

It is worth mentioning that there is a rare bug. Sometimes when the HQ gets destroyed in a deployed (building) state, it *doesn't* leave a HQ wreck behind and thus cannot be repaired. I've done some digging on this matter but I haven't got very far. All I know is that when it does bug out, its usually when the server is getting bogged down (low FPs, lots of players, etc.) and that the onHQkilled function doesn't appear in the logs suggesting that the script is not getting executed at all. I don't suppose Benny could shed any light on this?

It is worth mentioning that there is a rare bug. Sometimes when the HQ gets destroyed in a deployed (building) state, it *doesn't* leave a HQ wreck behind and thus cannot be repaired. I've done some digging on this matter but I haven't got very far. All I know is that when it does bug out, its usually when the server is getting bogged down (low FPs, lots of players, etc.) and that the onHQkilled function doesn't appear in the logs suggesting that the script is not getting executed at all. I don't suppose Benny could shed any light on this?

Thank for your answer Sari.

Unfortunally this bug is very common on the public servers. I can say it is even a rule on server with 20 vs 20 players-teamleaders. If it is server FPS issue - it would be nice to have an option for manual wreck respawn (located in the truck menu for example).

For me Benny Takistan is the best Arma mod, I love it. This is the only really annoying and serious issue for me...

Thank for your answer Sari.

Unfortunally this bug is very common on the public servers. I can say it is even a rule on server with 20 vs 20 players-teamleaders. If it is server FPS issue - it would be nice to have an option for manual wreck respawn (located in the truck menu for example).

For me Benny Takistan is the best Arma mod, I love it. This is the only really annoying and serious issue for me...

Ill spitball a bit here - basically me or the other people im running a server with dont have the time nor frankly the expertise at the moment to get down to the root issue of this bug. It seems to be completely random and therefore a bit of a pain to reproduce, the only common denominator is that its only affects the HQ in its deployed state and it's *usually* when the server is stressed. However it can also work fine for days/weeks at a time and then almost constantly bug out for a few days in a row.

We've decided to ignore the root problem and focus on making a failsafe/workaround instead. The two options we're considering are:

1) If no HQ, HQ building or HQ wreck can be detected, allow repair trucks to use the 'repair MHQ' action in base for 20k supply to spawn a fresh HQ in base. (not too dissimilar to what you suggested)

2) Devise a script to constantly monitor and update the location of the HQ/HQ building/HQ wreck. If it bugs, place a side marker on the map in the last known position and again allow the rep truck to use the repair action to spawn a fresh HQ within a (eg) 25m radius of that marker

Yeah I have to agree WFBE is by far one of the best A2 missions out there, been playing it on and off for about 3 years! The best thing for me is sucessfully poaching someone from dayz/wasteland and showing them the sheer scale of WF and that theres more to arma than sitting in a bush with a DMR for hours on end!

Oh, that and getting the occasional dayz player joining of their own accord, claiming that they're the best chopper pilot known to arma-kind and getting shot down within two minutes becasue they've never seen an incoming AA missile or understand the concept of flares...

Edited by Sari

2) Devise a script to constantly monitor and update the location of the HQ/HQ building/HQ wreck. If it bugs, place a side marker on the map in the last known position and again allow the rep truck to use the repair action to spawn a fresh HQ within a (eg) 25m radius of that marker

This would be great and more fair approach.

Doable for such a master as Benny is imo.

I can do whatever I want but the AI commander refuses to buy any Level 3 upgrades even if hes a millionaire and has plenty supply. When I switch to player commander I can click the upgrade and everything works. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone else apart from fredkatz working on Warfare saving game state to a persistent database ? It's slooooow going here and I need some moral raising. I got fed up with mySQL in Windows, just did not like the setup, plus it has all sorts of services and apps that are going to add load to Windows. It's not too bad if you are running the server on a dedicated machine, but I am running both server and client on my 4 core cpu. So I imported the Arma2Net database into Linux mySQL ...

database_imported_into_linux_mysql.png

Windows Arma2Net should be able to access this Linux database over my local LAN. However I can't test that yet because I can't get Warfare to start properly. I always get this ...

http://files.djbarney.org/arma2oa%202013-10-27%2021-17-37-11.jpg (288 kB)

Notice the lack of Warfare menu items. Now, I remember getting this once when editing Warfare scripts to reduce AI units. I think I made a typo that I missed and got something similar to the screen above. But as far as I know the Arma2Net version of Warfare 073 is OK. I checked all the add-ons were loading and in the correct sequence. I also have the configuration options for 073 in the server config file. Any ideas ?