I was always thinking that A.I: is just a placeholder and that attack and defense is a task that human lead squads must perform.

Hi beagle I think I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say... because what I understood from that statement doesn't sound like a very good idea. From what I gather you want the AI to do... not much? So the AI squad leaders should just sit on their back-sides at HQ? Of course this may not be a problem for people who play on populated multiplayer servers, but have you thought about people who play this game coop, or even SP sometimes (a small portion I know, which does include me sometimes)? Even the smallest warfare BE map is still way to large to be populated by only a few people, turning it into a game of chase each other in circles while capping flags. Besides, in all the times I've played coop, all the players are usually on one side, so it is crucial to have a good AI on the other team to give them a challenge... an AI that just sits in HQ would make the game pretty boring wouldn't you agree? And by the way the sp community may be small, but I do think there is a significant coop community who play warfare BE. I personally know quite a few people both in RL as well as forum members who play warfare be coop with their friends. So I think it's a step backwards to remove AI just for people who play on populated multiplayer servers.

Besides you can do that already; you can just disable AI as squad leaders in the server options... which is why I am almost sure that I have misunderstood your point, so my apologies if I just went on a random rant that had nothing to do with what you're trying to say.

@benny: Would it be possible to save a game in the next version of warfare be? My friends and I would be so so so, SO keen for that because it's almost impossible to finish a warfare session in one sitting. Currently our sessions consist of capturing the first couple of towns, and just as the heat builds up and the two factions start to meet each other on the battlefield we have to end the session; which is a real shame.

Please give is the option of disbanding/firing our squad members. Every time I join a server I have to spend the first 30 minutes clearing up the mess left by the AI or whoever was in that slot previously.

I've got squad members trapped inside vehicles, injured ones on the other side of the map and some unresponsive ones that are stuck in places. It's especially bad as the OCD part of me hates having squad members in the wrong order because some slots are taken up with the old AI members. Say I buy a tank and the driver will be squad member 2, the gunner is 5 and the commander is 8. Drives me crazy. >:(

If only we could just say 'disband all' and then have an empty squad again please. I think you had this function in Arma3.

EDIT: also add in the 'vote out commander' option. Too many commanders are just hoarding cash so they can buy tanks for themselves instead of making bases.

Edited by HighwayStar

Been playing this recently, and I've had a thought. If I remember correctly, this has Mando Missile included. I'm wondering if maybe you could add the ability to buy the Mando SCUD for the Eastern side? Obviously, limit it to the conventional HE warhead for balance reasons, but the ability to make long range, highly explosive surgical strikes with ballistic missiles would be pretty neat. For a US/Western equivalent, perhaps you could add a variant of the MLRS with the MGM-148 ATACMS, since that's also a ballistic missile.

Potential issues: Once you discover the enemy base, you can sit back and bomb the everliving fuck out of it with missiles, and they can't do a damn thing about it- so a long reload time or forcing it to rearm at a service point after every shot might be a good vulnerability. Alternatively, give heavy SAMs like the Tunguska the ability to perform ABM defense once you have an anti-air radar. Not particularly realistic, but sometimes balance takes precedence. Thoughts?

Been playing this recently, and I've had a thought. If I remember correctly, this has Mando Missile included. I'm wondering if maybe you could add the ability to buy the Mando SCUD for the Eastern side? Obviously, limit it to the conventional HE warhead for balance reasons, but the ability to make long range, highly explosive surgical strikes with ballistic missiles would be pretty neat. For a US/Western equivalent, perhaps you could add a variant of the MLRS with the MGM-148 ATACMS, since that's also a ballistic missile.

Potential issues: Once you discover the enemy base, you can sit back and bomb the everliving fuck out of it with missiles, and they can't do a damn thing about it- so a long reload time or forcing it to rearm at a service point after every shot might be a good vulnerability. Alternatively, give heavy SAMs like the Tunguska the ability to perform ABM defense once you have an anti-air radar. Not particularly realistic, but sometimes balance takes precedence. Thoughts?

There was arty in Arma2 BECTI, and we could rain down death and destruction on the enemy bases. It encouraged commanders to build bases in forests and other hidden places to prevent the enemy finding it. Altis seems to be a little short on forested areas compared to Chernarussia - could be hard to hide bases and thus would make arty too powerful? Worth trying at least.

Anyone who plays BE CTI Arma 2 understands that the best part of the mission is the absolutely massive ability to change the parameters of the mission. Therein lies the genius of the mission. A2 CTI is so full of placeable weapons, objects, bases, win conditions, artillery ranges, squad sizes, squad dynamics, AI strength and behaviors, weather, time delay, missile range, view distance caps, unit price, rearm methods, spawn options, funding options, YOU NAME IT, YOU CAN CHANGE IT. There is no such thing as OP this, or unfair that. Any map was fun, and mod ports worked great. Whatever your server could handle, the mission could accommodate. It is truly the dream C&C sandbox. 1 person can play it all by themselves, and it was still great. The AI was a challenging commander, not to be taken lightly. With the ability to change something like 40 parameters, you can make it just like you want to play it, or set a good balance for server fun.

We have played CTI BE that has gone for 2 days straight. With 24 squad size per slot, 3 bases available, cheap helos, and jets, 50 auto defence placements, repair truck firei bases all over Takistan, camo nets on, object collide turned off, and 24 player slots per side, and had to quit only because it was a stalemate and no building on the whole map were left standing.

Any bugs in the game were the same ol bugs that have been with us for OPF CWC right up to A3 (Arma 1 with better graphics and crappier AI). If This mission is written with the same abilities as A2, it will be solid.

All I want for Christmas is for "AIA (All in Arma)" CTI BE to be available and stable. If that happens I may consider continuing to play Arma3. If not, Ill be back on Arma 2. The drones arn't that awesome. Wait, I COULD NOT GIVE A SCHIT ABOUT THE DRONES (makes me wonder if BI even playes their own game). Altis is big, and we need a big CTI. I promise, I will not spend 1 minute of my time running from zombies in Altis. But I will spend about 2 years playing an AIA CTI BE warfare.

Don't change anything Benny, It's a perfect mission in an imperfect game, and good luck with the work arounds. I look forward to it.

Benny you should really create a new thread for BECTI in the Arma 3 user missions section. Comments here are getting a bit mixed up, sometimes i don't know what version people are talking about.

I'll be adding a ack/deny menu for commander regarding different orders (Player X request to build FOB --> Notify Commander --> Commander acknoledge/deny)

This menu may prove usefull for a CoC (artillery fire request? cost?)

He has said the ability to create an FOB will be added, this will be the way to be where the action is without risking the MHQ.

And if its limited to one FOB at a time then it wont be as ridiculous as the camps and ambulances.

IMHO.

I'll be adding this one thought you'll take over the AI gear

What about giving you the possibility to take over AI's in your team as soon as you die? Could be limited to X Meters. That would make dieing instantly when you just took a 15 minutes truck drive not suck so much.

I'll be adding MySQL saving later on since it's the only clean way to do it.

@benny: Would it be possible to save a game in the next version of warfare be? My friends and I would be so so so, SO keen for that because it's almost impossible to finish a warfare session in one sitting. Currently our sessions consist of capturing the first couple of towns, and just as the heat builds up and the two factions start to meet each other on the battlefield we have to end the session; which is a real shame.

It'll be added in next version (Player units/Commander general disbanding)

Please give is the option of disbanding/firing our squad members. Every time I join a server I have to spend the first 30 minutes clearing up the mess left by the AI or whoever was in that slot previously.

I've got squad members trapped inside vehicles, injured ones on the other side of the map and some unresponsive ones that are stuck in places. It's especially bad as the OCD part of me hates having squad members in the wrong order because some slots are taken up with the old AI members. Say I buy a tank and the driver will be squad member 2, the gunner is 5 and the commander is 8. Drives me crazy. >:(

If only we could just say 'disband all' and then have an empty squad again please. I think you had this function in Arma3.

EDIT: also add in the 'vote out commander' option. Too many commanders are just hoarding cash so they can buy tanks for themselves instead of making bases.

More optimization / features will come!

Anyone who plays BE CTI Arma 2 understands that the best part of the mission is the absolutely massive ability to change the parameters of the mission. Therein lies the genius of the mission. A2 CTI is so full of placeable weapons, objects, bases, win conditions, artillery ranges, squad sizes, squad dynamics, AI strength and behaviors, weather, time delay, missile range, view distance caps, unit price, rearm methods, spawn options, funding options, YOU NAME IT, YOU CAN CHANGE IT. There is no such thing as OP this, or unfair that. Any map was fun, and mod ports worked great. Whatever your server could handle, the mission could accommodate. It is truly the dream C&C sandbox. 1 person can play it all by themselves, and it was still great. The AI was a challenging commander, not to be taken lightly. With the ability to change something like 40 parameters, you can make it just like you want to play it, or set a good balance for server fun.

We have played CTI BE that has gone for 2 days straight. With 24 squad size per slot, 3 bases available, cheap helos, and jets, 50 auto defence placements, repair truck firei bases all over Takistan, camo nets on, object collide turned off, and 24 player slots per side, and had to quit only because it was a stalemate and no building on the whole map were left standing.

Any bugs in the game were the same ol bugs that have been with us for OPF CWC right up to A3 (Arma 1 with better graphics and crappier AI). If This mission is written with the same abilities as A2, it will be solid.

All I want for Christmas is for "AIA (All in Arma)" CTI BE to be available and stable. If that happens I may consider continuing to play Arma3. If not, Ill be back on Arma 2. The drones arn't that awesome. Wait, I COULD NOT GIVE A SCHIT ABOUT THE DRONES (makes me wonder if BI even playes their own game). Altis is big, and we need a big CTI. I promise, I will not spend 1 minute of my time running from zombies in Altis. But I will spend about 2 years playing an AIA CTI BE warfare.

Don't change anything Benny, It's a perfect mission in an imperfect game, and good luck with the work arounds. I look forward to it.

I'll create one later on

Benny you should really create a new thread for BECTI in the Arma 3 user missions section. Comments here are getting a bit mixed up, sometimes i don't know what version people are talking about.

Looking forward to the next version Benny.

Any chance of...?

If CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0 then AI markers removed and transfer list doesn't show AI and commander Orders doesn't show AI in list.

Ability to join other player squads (and if CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0 then only list other players)

revive for player on player (medic restricted with item)

Also a question :- Is it possible in your CTI to do disabledAI = 0; in description.ext even when CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0. If not... could it be ?

These are the only ones I can think of which you might not add.

Edited by BL1P

If you want a quick and dirty solution for this, you might wanna check out my old post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138805-Warfare-BE/page37&p=2261438#post2261438

I'll add it to the magic todo list along player-ai micromanagement.

Joining another's AI/player squad is a tad messy regarding online gameplay. I don't think that i'll add it.

Revive is planned :)

"disableAI = 0" will leave AI idling on the island when "CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0" is set (no real problems since their movements are disabled).

Looking forward to the next version Benny.

Any chance of...?

If CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0 then AI markers removed and transfer list doesn't show AI and commander Orders doesn't show AI in list.

Ability to join other player squads (and if CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0 then only list other players)

revive for player on player (medic restricted with item)

Also a question :- Is it possible in your CTI to do disabledAI = 0; in description.ext even when CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0. If not... could it be ?

These are the only ones I can think of which you might not add.

Teetimes warfare allows players to have both AI and human players in a group. What happens though if you join someones group you loose the ability to have your own ai. This really isn't that big of a deal for a lot of people as you could always leave the group and regain "Squad Leader" status. Totally doable Benny! ;)

Teetimes warfare allows players to have both AI and human players in a group. What happens though if you join someones group you loose the ability to have your own ai. This really isn't that big of a deal for a lot of people as you could always leave the group and regain "Squad Leader" status. Totally doable Benny! ;)

:)

Try it, I have that's why I asked the expert Benny for it. :P

There's seems to be more going on in BECTI than teenies warfare script wise.

@Benny can you use a revive that requires medic class && medkits.

I tried the disableAI = 0 it caused some errors even with CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0 mainly as I was trying to do a players only with no AI except the res_towns AI. and squads in lobby would have been a nice option for that.

Anyway really looking forward to the next installment !!

Edited by BL1P

This service menu stuff has got to go man. It shouldn't cost money to do repairs and rearms. We have the proper trucks in the game now so that the service menu can be taken out.

Huh? Servicing in the HQ has been a core thing in Warfare since like... ever. You buy the service trucks for mobile- and free service. Servicing in the base definately needs to stay.

Huh? Servicing in the HQ has been a core thing in Warfare since like... ever. You buy the service trucks for mobile- and free service. Servicing in the base definately needs to stay.

You misread my post. I am talking about the repair and rearm vehicles that were added along with the artillery and tanks this week. How they have the scroll wheel - repair/rearm function (that is free). They need adding to BECTI asap.

Oh right, nevermind then. Played on the arma2.ru server before, and theyve already added those to their version.

Are you sure? I played on an .ru bennys warfare server today and they just had regular covered trucks pretending to be service trucks. The real ones have weird boxes or tanks on their flatbed.

Should rearming and repairing be free though ?

My self I think it should cost you to repair or rearm.

The trucks just offer that ability away from base.

I think that the stock rearming/repairing/refuel should stay free as it's a limited content :)

One can always deplete the cargo if he wants to (i.e setRepairCargo).

I'm getting close to release the new version for A3, I still have some little redesign to do on some UI and then it's all good.

The AI Micromanagement menu will add some extra fun :)

I'm getting close to release the new version for A3, I still have some little redesign to do on some UI and then it's all good. The AI Micromanagement menu will add some extra fun :)

Nice one Benny! :yay:

Should rearming and repairing be free though ?

My self I think it should cost you to repair or rearm.

The trucks just offer that ability away from base.

Ofcourse it should be free. It was free in the BECTI I used to play in Arma2 and that was 100% fine with everyone.

Ofcourse it should be free. It was free in the BECTI I used to play in Arma2 and that was 100% fine with everyone.

That was BE Warfare :)

I think that the stock rearming/repairing/refuel should stay free as it's a limited content :)

One can always deplete the cargo if he wants to (i.e setRepairCargo).

I'm getting close to release the new version for A3, I still have some little redesign to do on some UI and then it's all good.

The AI Micromanagement menu will add some extra fun :)

Is it possible to download WarfareBE for Arma 3 already?

That was BE Warfare :)

"CTI" is just what kids today call warfare. I don't mind as long as they stay off mah lawn! :D