I never wrote it, i took it out of Warfare. I can only take credit for copying and pasting. :cool:

If it's not that script causing the problem then i'll have to put my brain back in the box, because it's an easier solution than trying to fix it. :D

Make sure that you pass the correct parameters.

Hi Benny :)

Any ETA n Arma 3 Beta WarfareBE?

Teatimes is good but its not up to WarfareBE standards;)

Personally i hope Benny focuses on finishing the AI rewrite for Arma 2 first, because it's really needed and also because Arma 3 is a Beta after all. Ive seen enough of Stratis and went back to playing Arma 2 for the variety and the (yet) unmatched performance compared to Arma 3. Arma 3 is the future, no doubt, but right now i don't see many reasons to replace A2 with A3 except for prettier graphics.

Oh well, it's his decision in the end ;)

What a hot summer! (August will be even hotter on Multiplayer :))

As i've nearly ended a CTI mission on A3 (Only a few commanding stuff remains and some other bisteries). Also i'm going to need need some testers soon... :)

The AI has been revamped since everything was done from scratch. I'm still tweaking some of the AI behaviour such as the support request (ammo/fuel/repair).

Make sure that you pass the correct parameters.

What a hot summer! (August will be even hotter on Multiplayer :))

As i've nearly ended a CTI mission on A3 (Only a few commanding stuff remains and some other bisteries). Also i'm going to need need some testers soon... :)

The AI has been revamped since everything was done from scratch. I'm still tweaking some of the AI behaviour such as the support request (ammo/fuel/repair).

Hi Benny,

it's good to hear that you're still working on improving your mission. I hope that you won't focus all your energy on A3 and still provide an update for the A2 version, as this still needs some work.

I've been checking this thread daily for the last months, eagerly awaiting an update :-)

So keep up the good work!

I also hope updates will continue for ArmA2 as Bohemia are still releasing BETA's for it and it will (presumably, as I don't run a internet MP server) stay well established in the server lists. Kavoriken put it well ...

Personally i hope Benny focuses on finishing the AI rewrite for Arma 2 first, because it's really needed and also because Arma 3 is a Beta after all. Ive seen enough of Stratis and went back to playing Arma 2 for the variety and the (yet) unmatched performance compared to Arma 3. Arma 3 is the future, no doubt, but right now i don't see many reasons to replace A2 with A3 except for prettier graphics.

Oh well, it's his decision in the end ;)

I managed to move to 073 as I convinced myself to play in Takistan :) ... much improved performance and no crashes. ArmA goes esquisitly over the top with all the funds and starting funds levels maxed out :D ... But I miss my other maps. How do I do map conversions ? Is it as simple as copying across town names and X/Y/Z ? Or is it more complicated ?

Great to hear from you Benny =)

And guys, i think with the AI rewrite Benny definately meant the Arma 2 Version, as ammo/refuel/repair support options don't really exist in Arma 3 yet. So don't worry, it seems like we will get exactly what we've been waiting for pretty soon :)

Also it will probably be beneficial if Benny lays foundations for an Arma 3 Version early on, as that will only speed up development of an Altis Version as soon as the full game is out. The only thing that worries me is that playing with/against AI might be dead in Arma 3. The AI is still single threaded and there have not been any kind of bigger improvements to the dedicated server (yet), like say 8 core support. I don't see how any CPU on the market right now could manage Altis Warfare with an adequate number of AIs.

Anyways, can't wait for the new version!

Nice to hear from Benny again, sounds like exciting stuff!

On a side note I'm considering to try and run a small-medium WFBE server off donations as I've had some interest from a few people. However before I start throwing money at server rentals and whatnot I wouldn't mind running a small dedi-server locally off my desktop and have a few of the interested join to get the params/balance right. It's a reasonably powerful desktop (fx8350/8gb) but a fairly weak internet connection. I was hoping to have 8-10 slots but I don't know how badly a local dedi-server will be affected by lag/desync. Does anyone have some advice on this? Its purely for testing and I won't be using AI teams/commander

Hi Benny :)

Any ETA n Arma 3 Beta WarfareBE?

Teatimes is good but its not up to WarfareBE standards;)

I'm with this guy, 100%....I check here all the time in hopes that a BETA BE CTI has been released....all these new guys have no idea what's coming.

BTW I'd love to help beta test.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Hi Benny,

it's good to hear that you're still working on improving your mission. I hope that you won't focus all your energy on A3 and still provide an update for the A2 version, as this still needs some work.

I've been checking this thread daily for the last months, eagerly awaiting an update :-)

So keep up the good work!

ArmA 2 version will be revamped from ArmA 3's core version. There was alot of improvements (0 Waypoints, 1 PV, 3 Logics...) so the overall net performance/experience shall be better.

There's still a bunch of bisteries to fix for A3's (Uniform container? Vest Container?) but otherwise everything is running smooth.

Great to hear from you Benny =)

And guys, i think with the AI rewrite Benny definately meant the Arma 2 Version, as ammo/refuel/repair support options don't really exist in Arma 3 yet. So don't worry, it seems like we will get exactly what we've been waiting for pretty soon :)

Also it will probably be beneficial if Benny lays foundations for an Arma 3 Version early on, as that will only speed up development of an Altis Version as soon as the full game is out. The only thing that worries me is that playing with/against AI might be dead in Arma 3. The AI is still single threaded and there have not been any kind of bigger improvements to the dedicated server (yet), like say 8 core support. I don't see how any CPU on the market right now could manage Altis Warfare with an adequate number of AIs.

Anyways, can't wait for the new version!

AI were pimped big time for A3 and are currently still being pimped (commander and such). I've managed to split the AI order sequence outside of their main script which make it easier to handle (patrol, defense, custom action...).

I'm still pimping the AI to the max and when it's clean/ready, i'll port it to A2.

As of A3's version (not warfare but pure CTI), i'll be hosting some sessions on our server (XR Server) tonight and the next days on the stable branch (beta is too much of a hassle to maintain with steam now). Feel free to drop by :)

Just some notes:

- Due to the heavy lack of commands from BIS on A3's gear (basically 50%), only the backpack may store weapons and ammunition despite the fact that everything works in the UI (the vest and uniform can't store specific items by script, see http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2712). The current magazines can be set in the UI but won't actually do anything (no commands from bis once more).

- LAN hosting is supported but untested (i'll test it later).

- The AI version in this is not "final" yet. The commander still need some tweaks (Money transfer/ Buy units to squads) while the AI teams lack a SAD order (arma 3 seems to have dumbed down some existing commands).

- The Map commanding menu will have the ability to queue orders later on.

- Noob protection is inbuilt, expect some funny situation with the "infraction" system.

- A weather module will be added when the game will no longer be broken on that part. For now, you have fast time only.

- There may be some stuff which i've forgotten :)

Feel free to report here any bisteries which you may encounter.

Script error below.

Also in online help the titles have capital I's where they shouldn't. Oh and the starting vehicles seem to be locked for regular team members i.e the Ifrit and the Zamak. You can't seem to lock things if you don't buy them locked either.

Mission up time is also missing from info menu.

Edited by Baskerville

2 Bugs I encountered:

.) Some players dont get money over time (from towns). These players names also dont show up in the funds transfer menu and in the teams menu of the commander (It says for example [Delta] AI)

.) I bought a quad on bluefor side and the driver of the quad became the groupleader.

EDIT:

Seems to be fixed in 0.9 :)

Edited by trnapster

Benny thanks for your hard work! I've been playing BE CTI and man, it looks great! Best menus I've seen for Arma 3. Here's my list of issues I found:

-No option to repair MHQ when its destroyed. I tried repair trucks and a repair station, could not get it repaired.

-No option to join/create groups/squads. This is already implemented in most mods and it would be nice for players to form their own groups.

-No option to buy gear into vehicle. I'd like to see the ability to be able to buy gear and load it directly to a vehicle.

-AI still run on foot even though the squad leaders have the cash to buy vehicles. (Even if i set them to buy mechanized they still walk).

-Commander voting system needs to return. Way too much of a problem when new players take the cmdr role, don't speak english, and will not move away from the slot. (Of course its solved if there's an admin but we need the voting system back).

-Arma 2 base building style was a lot better. The ability to go into a wide 3rd person view and make a base was the best, can we get back to this?

-The town icons are too small when in map mode. Could you add range rings to each map along with the icon for that city? Maybe include the name as well, the default names BIS put on the maps are small and the font makes each one hard to find unless you zoom in. This can be a pain in the ass when in commander mode and giving orders.

-The colors need to change. Blue = Blufor, Red = Opfor, and green = resistance....I'm not sure why you changed Blufor to green?

-Auto team balance. This has been a problem for YEARS and no one seems to want to make it. I've asked several programmers and they all refuse. I have a feeling you have the skills to finally bring this to BE. Could you please create a script that balances teams automatically, it could be a parameter to have it on/off.

-A parameter to disable one, some, or all jets/helis/tanks/apc/vehicle would be much appreciated! As a longtime admin I would love to be able to customize missions to ground wars with no vehicles or maybe I just want tanks or maybe just vehicles and helis, etc...Whatever combination would be nice.

-A parameter to disable nightvision. This would be nice for some epic nighttime battles.

Going to play some more and report back anything I notice.

The colors need to change. Blue = Blufor, Red = Opfor, and green = resistance....I'm not sure why you changed Blufor to green?

I have to agree with this.

Played for a few hours today and here are more ideas/suggestions:

-We need the ability to kill our own AI via menu system (like in your previous version)

-Need a parameter to allow the admin to limit how many bases and factories each team can build.

-Please implement a revive system like in Teetimes Warfare. I've noticed that with this implemented players are more prone to stick together and work as teams, the obvious benefit being players can revive each other. (maybe another parameter?)

-We need to ability to load gear onto AI via menu system (like in your previous version)

-Income level parameter that allows server admins to select if a team will receive a High/medium/low income amount per min.

-ATV color change. I recommend this because all factions can purchase this and its hard to tell if its a friendly or enemy ATV. I destroyed one today and my own AI engaged and killed me. Maybe red atv for opfor, blue atv for blufor, and green atv for resistance.

More ideas after today's after work session:

-Commanders need the ability to remove buildings and defensive structures (and get a portion of our cash back)

-Ability to change difficulty level of game (Normal, Veteran, Elite, etc)

-Sometimes the MHQ is placed very close to enemy resistance on mission start causing the mhq to quickly get blown up. To counter this I advice the Commander have the ability to repair mhq.

Busy yesterday and couldn't post ideas I got from other players on a BE server:

-Repair/Rearm is WAY too expensive...$3000 to repair a transport heli? That's almost the cost of a new one.

-Slider bar for income is easier (Arma 2 version, for transferring income to each other)

-Ability to see what the income per minute is for the players and commander

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Any ETA on the next version of warfare for arma 2 ?
Damned good question!

I second the question! ;)

Hey, Benny. I love your mission! My clan recently put up a cooperative gameplay server running Warfare most of the time and we've been having a blast playing it! However, we've run into a few problems (this is on Warfare 073_2):

1) There are no classes on OPFOR that have engineering abilities. Did you do this on purpose? And is there a way we can fix it without editing the mission files? EDIT: Nevermind on this one — I realized that Team Leaders are engineers.

2) We do not get any side missions occurring. I have them enabled, yet they don't show up at all.

3) Some members, upon joining an existing game, enter a squad as not the squad leader. As a result, they are unable to buy new gear, purchase new units, or get bounty for kills. This is especially a problem with new players who do not know about the group system, so they won't know what to do to fix this.

Some fix actions for said event that we can do while playing include:

- joining a different squad via the group menu.

- Commander respawning the affected squad via the command center menu.

But I was wondering if it were possible to make it so people didn't join squads when entering the game at all (and the only way to join a squad would be to do so manually)?

4) In some instances, AI resistance will immediately respawn after capturing a town (instead of AI allies to defend).

Hope someone can help me out! Thanks!

Edited by Whispy

Damned good question!
I second the question! ;)

I'm going to use the arma 3 version as a base for next version (aside from the gear menu which will have some lifting) so I've got a few things to pimp out first (in order to regain some nice performances).

So far I'll be introducing upgradeable town occupation (1 Inf, 2 Motor, 3 Mech/Armored) along with more random units/vehicles based on towns SV (there will be less AI by default but you'll be able to alter that by a param).

I'm fixing up the last bugged elements from this version before porting it to prevent double work :)

Hey, Benny. I love your mission! My clan recently put up a cooperative gameplay server running Warfare most of the time and we've been having a blast playing it! However, we've run into a few problems (this is on Warfare 073_2):

1) There are no classes on OPFOR that have engineering abilities. Did you do this on purpose? And is there a way we can fix it without editing the mission files? EDIT: Nevermind on this one — I realized that Team Leaders are engineers.

2) We do not get any side missions occurring. I have them enabled, yet they don't show up at all.

3) Some members, upon joining an existing game, enter a squad as not the squad leader. As a result, they are unable to buy new gear, purchase new units, or get bounty for kills. This is especially a problem with new players who do not know about the group system, so they won't know what to do to fix this.

Some fix actions for said event that we can do while playing include:

- joining a different squad via the group menu.

- Commander respawning the affected squad via the command center menu.

But I was wondering if it were possible to make it so people didn't join squads when entering the game at all (and the only way to join a squad would be to do so manually)?

4) In some instances, AI resistance will immediately respawn after capturing a town (instead of AI allies to defend).

Hope someone can help me out! Thanks!

Hey,

Side missions are random and may not always occur.

Regarding #3 it can occur with squad hopping & disabled slots. It will need a selectLeader command on JIP.

Also it's possible to allow a "squad selection" on startup (model selection is a no-go seeing how the engine behave on MP i'd have more chance winning the lottery than seeing it work as intended). But i'm not sure how others would feel about it.

#4 shall be gone with the new mission core.

I'm going to use the arma 3 version as a base for next version (aside from the gear menu which will have some lifting) so I've got a few things to pimp out first (in order to regain some nice performances).

So far I'll be introducing upgradeable town occupation (1 Inf, 2 Motor, 3 Mech/Armored) along with more random units/vehicles based on towns SV (there will be less AI by default but you'll be able to alter that by a param).

I'm fixing up the last bugged elements from this version before porting it to prevent double work :)

Hey,

Side missions are random and may not always occur.

Regarding #3 it can occur with squad hopping & disabled slots. It will need a selectLeader command on JIP.

Also it's possible to allow a "squad selection" on startup (model selection is a no-go seeing how the engine behave on MP i'd have more chance winning the lottery than seeing it work as intended). But i'm not sure how others would feel about it.

#4 shall be gone with the new mission core.

The side missions seem to never occur though. We've been through multiple full games and multiple restarts, with no side missions.

And thanks for the other answers!

Hey Benny.

Loving the Arma3 version of Warfare/CTI

I am old enuf to remember MFCTI and CRCTI and I am enjoying the return to basics.

I am very pleased to see the removal of the spawn at town camps option and removal of any teleport options.

I do have a couple of suggestions of which I am sure you are already working on.

1: Add a parameter to determine how many bases a commander can build.

2: Remove the ability to build base buildings inside map buildings.

3: maybe look into a more class based system, so that not every player is a medic, engineer, sniper, at, tank, pilot, commander all in one expert :)

What ever ya do great start to the new BE edition to Arma3 missions.

mes meilleures amitiés.

BL1P

The side missions seem to never occur though. We've been through multiple full games and multiple restarts, with no side missions.

And thanks for the other answers!

No worries it'll be reworked on new version (revamping everything).

Hey Benny.

Loving the Arma3 version of Warfare/CTI

I am old enuf to remember MFCTI and CRCTI and I am enjoying the return to basics.

I am very pleased to see the removal of the spawn at town camps option and removal of any teleport options.

I do have a couple of suggestions of which I am sure you are already working on.

1: Add a parameter to determine how many bases a commander can build.

2: Remove the ability to build base buildings inside map buildings.

3: maybe look into a more class based system, so that not every player is a medic, engineer, sniper, at, tank, pilot, commander all in one expert :)

What ever ya do great start to the new BE edition to Arma3 missions.

mes meilleures amitiés.

BL1P

Hey,

Glad to see some veteran enjoying it (I still remember auria pelikaista cti server haha) :)

#1 Will be added in the next version (Base areas)

#2 It shall be harder but possible to build inside another structure. I'll try to add some extra detection (nearObjects).

#3 is a tad harder since you have to balance out everything but i've planned something for later versions :)

And ofc more features/bugfix on the way

Hi Benny

This is another old CTI fart speaking.

The main issue I have with Warfare BE this days is the fact that it moved from a tactical warfare Simulation to soem kind of Sports game that rewards the most untactical procedures. in Short...the later version featured too much spawn possibilities and too much repair options to boost one man army behaviour. and simply too much bases. I've seen servees ruining the game wth nera unlimited base areas...such games rather bore the heck out of the player after 17 hours. Also it seem that A.I. is overused. 5 T-90s spawning to defend "Guglovo" seems totally overdone. I was always thinking that A.I: is just a placeholder and that attack and defense is a task that human lead squads must perform.

Currently Warfare BE is played as a spawn everywhere high income airquake shoot em up deatmatch and thats taking away all thet Warfare BE could be.

the point is...the more "freedom" and arcade option you give, the more wil be used and leading to server performance that is onöy playable for the elitist 8h a day hardcore gamers that spend the equivalent value of a small car into hardware every year. How can it be called a fair match with 6000m vied distance when supposedly only a very few players are able to run it above 25fps at this VD. And another issue is that there is no more reason to remove grass layer exept for beeing to lazy to seek for a good firing position. The excuse "performance" is better without grass cant count if theres 6000m view distance option.

Edited by Beagle