Hello Benny and all.

I have been trying to implement ACRE into the new version of Warfare BE the version with the HC.

I can get the radios into the buy gear section no problem.

The problem is that acre radios change classname when a player gets one in his inventory.

Therefore you would need to buy a new radio each time you open the buy gear menu.

This is the code I used in a previous version of Warfare BE that worked around this problem.

_getItemDataByConfigType =
{
private ["_data", "_configType", "_item"];

_item = _this select 0;
_configType = _this select 1;
_data = nil;

[color="#0000FF"]if ( [_item, "ACRE"] call CBA_fnc_find >= 0 ) then 
{
_item = [_item] call acre_api_fnc_getBaseRadio;
};[/color]

if(_configType) then
{
	_data = (_item+'_u') Call GetNamespace;
};
if(isNil "_data") then
{
	_data = _item Call GetNamespace;
};
//player sideChat format["_item = %1, %2", _item, typeName _item];
_data
};

What I cant do is figure out how to implement that code into the new GUI_BuyGearMenu.sqf

Any help is most welcome.

Yours hopefully

BL1P

P.S

Any hopes of a GUI_ACE_BuyGearMenu.sqf being written up so that we can use the ACE mod with this awesome mission ?

Functionality missing in the current buygear is medical slots / pack items / the extra back slot / wieghts / and maybe some more stuff :P

Non HC maps don't have the open civillian slot for the HC to drop into.

So does that mean it's just the mission.sqm that is different?

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Was there a change to captured resistance vehicles disappearing in 073-2? We had an issue where we captured resistance tanks, crewed them with AI after town was taken. Then when friendly defenders disappeared so did the resistance tanks (even with our AI in them).

Did anyone ever get the persistent database scripts working ? I can suspend my server process (using pstools) but I can't get Vista to hibernate.

The version I was working on is working, it saves towns, base locations and player gear.

I just haven't worked on it lately, been very busy

Of course. You posted about this here. I remember now. I had forgotten. Have some RL "issues" going on here, one of the reasons I came back to ArmA. I'm gonna get your work going, because even with hibernation and process suspension the ArmA server takes up way too much memory to be able to run other games. Is the DL in the link still current ?

The version I was working on is working, it saves towns, base locations and player gear.

I just haven't worked on it lately, been very busy

Thank you for your efforts, my clan would be very interested in this!

For now does anybody know how to start a Warfare game with certain towns being held by one of the factions? For example: in a map with 5 capture-able towns, how to have 2 held by west, 3 by resistance and 0 by east?

Of course. You posted about this here. I remember now. I had forgotten. Have some RL "issues" going on here, one of the reasons I came back to ArmA. I'm gonna get your work going, because even with hibernation and process suspension the ArmA server takes up way too much memory to be able to run other games. Is the DL in the link still current ?

I have done some work on it since that release, I should update that download, but the current version works with the 0.73 release.

I believe that version had worked on 0.71.

I might also post up some of my map conversions for 0.73, I have done Dingor, Jadegroove, MBG Celle 2 and Reshmaan Province

On the To-Do list is Isla Duala and Tasmania2010

I might also post up some of my map conversions for 0.73, I have done Dingor, Jadegroove, MBG Celle 2 and Reshmaan Province

On the To-Do list is Isla Duala and Tasmania2010

I'd love to get my hands on them :)

Great fredkatz ! Something that's been keeping me from 073 is the lack of map support. I'd love to try your latest release. I have a Linux system here so can try linking it to a Linux DB over my local LAN. Was thinking that having the DB installed on Windows might effect performace but not sure how much of an issue that is as Vista is supposed to suspend all background tasks when a game is running.

The only thing that is keeping me with 071 is Duala, but I can switch to Dingor, Jadegroove, MBG Celle 2 or Reshmaan Province. I have been assuming better AI performance for 071. How is the AI performance on 073 ?

Great fredkatz ! Something that's been keeping me from 073 is the lack of map support. I'd love to try your latest release. I have a Linux system here so can try linking it to a Linux DB over my local LAN. Was thinking that having the DB installed on Windows might effect performace but not sure how much of an issue that is as Vista is supposed to suspend all background tasks when a game is running.

I run the database server, ArmA 2 Dedicated Server and Client all on the same system and have no issues and I have Windows 7

The only thing that is keeping me with 071 is Duala, but I can switch to Dingor, Jadegroove, MBG Celle 2 or Reshmaan Province. I have been assuming better AI performance for 071. How is the AI performance on 073 ?

It works for me when I play, I cannot run alot of AI during my games usually 5-6 AI teams per side, to many more and the server dies. The only thing I do know is to not use the 0.73-2 version as the guerrilla/resistance forces don't spawn in their towns when playing

OK, thanks. Still with 071 just for Duala. I might fix up Duala for 073 one day.

Has anyone played with Starting Supply and Starting Funds maxed out ? I did this and everything goes berserk, I mean really BERSERK !!! :292:The game stayed at a good framerate as well; using the latest beta with no occupation, no resistance and some units removed in initJIPCompatible.sqf, no shadows, using @DVD and @ASR_AI. At one point I think I got a script or exe bug error in the client because it went down to <=8fps. Thought my game had had it, but I restarted the client and my frame rate was back up. So I carried on with the action, lots of heli's, jets, tanks. Madness really.

Benny where can i get the latest beta the 073.3 ?

Hey Benny, I was wondering if or where I could get the addon or script that places a player's name before a map marker. A server I play on has been having a problem with derogatory map markers and this could aid in stopping them.

Was wondering if anyone is working on a headless client version for BE warfare?

Dont suppose theres been any developments in either A2 or A3 lately? Haven't seen benny post in a good couple of months

Hi Benny :)

Any ETA n Arma 3 Beta WarfareBE?

Teatimes is good but its not up to WarfareBE standards;)

Personally i hope Benny focuses on finishing the AI rewrite for Arma 2 first, because it's really needed and also because Arma 3 is a Beta after all. Ive seen enough of Stratis and went back to playing Arma 2 for the variety and the (yet) unmatched performance compared to Arma 3. Arma 3 is the future, no doubt, but right now i don't see many reasons to replace A2 with A3 except for prettier graphics.

Oh well, it's his decision in the end ;)

I know Benny has or hopefully has a new version coming out but can anyone help with this trivial but annoying problem? It's the vehicle markers not disappearing when the empty vehicle's are removed. I have all these markers lying around and no vehicles, which over time looks kinda messy. I'm guessing it's \Common\Common_MarkerUpdate.sqf that's the problem. I'm using 2.073.2 but it seems to be ans issue on other versions. I've currently disabled the script but my sons and my mates will cry if it's permanent. I can live without it because i don't use vehicles, i use my skateboard!

Any help appreciated, no help understandable! ;)

Private ["_deathMarkerColor","_deathMarkerSize","_deathMarkerType","_delete","_deletePrevious","_markerColor","_markerName","_markerSize","_markerType","_markerText","_refreshRate","_trackDeath","_tracked","_side"];

waitUntil {commonInitComplete};

_markerType = _this select 0;
_markerColor = _this select 1;
_markerSize = _this select 2;
_markerText = _this select 3;
_markerName = _this select 4;
_tracked = _this select 5;
_refreshRate = _this select 6;
_trackDeath = _this select 7;
_deathMarkerType = _this select 8;
_deathMarkerColor = _this select 9;
_deletePrevious = _this select 10;
_side = _this select 11;
_deathMarkerSize = [1,1];
if (count _this > 12) then {_deathMarkerSize = _this select 12};

if (_side != side player || isNull _tracked || !(alive _tracked)) exitWith {};
if (_deletePrevious) then {deleteMarkerLocal _markerName};

createMarkerLocal [_markerName, getPos _tracked];
if (_markerText != "") then {_markerName setMarkerTextLocal _markerText};
_markerName setMarkerTypeLocal _markerType;
_markerName setMarkerColorLocal _markerColor;
_markerName setMarkerSizeLocal _markerSize;

while {alive _tracked && !(isNull _tracked)} do {
_markerName setMarkerPosLocal (getPos _tracked);
sleep _refreshRate;
};

if (_trackDeath && !isNull _tracked) then {
_markerName setMarkerTypeLocal _deathMarkerType;
_markerName setMarkerColorLocal _deathMarkerColor;
_markerName setMarkerSizeLocal _deathMarkerSize;
sleep (missionNamespace getVariable "WFBE_C_PLAYERS_MARKER_DEAD_DELAY");
};

deleteMarkerLocal _markerName;

if (_deletePrevious) then {deleteMarkerLocal _markerName};

_deletePrevious is a boolean ?

While i really appreciate your response Qazdar i have limited scripting knowledge. While Google has explained the term boolean to me that's where my brain stalled!

;)

While i really appreciate your response Qazdar i have limited scripting knowledge. While Google has explained the term boolean to me that's where my brain stalled!

;)

how the hell did you manage to write that thing without knowing what a boolean is?

A boolean is something that can have two values: true and false, or on and off, or 0 and 1. Within an if, for example, you have something that can be true or false. If it is true you execute the code in the if. Hence the question: is _deletePrevious something that can be true or false?

how the hell did you manage to write that thing without knowing what a boolean is?

A boolean is something that can have two values: true and false, or on and off, or 0 and 1. Within an if, for example, you have something that can be true or false. If it is true you execute the code in the if. Hence the question: is _deletePrevious something that can be true or false?

I never wrote it, i took it out of Warfare. I can only take credit for copying and pasting. :cool:

If it's not that script causing the problem then i'll have to put my brain back in the box, because it's an easier solution than trying to fix it. :D