Would be nice to remove reloading in bunkers feature completely. This feature destroys the gameplay. One human player in town can stay against town siege for the long time. Constantly reloading at the bunker he can destroy incoming enemy vehicles and helicopters. He can buy AI infantry in town main camp and reload them in town bunkers forever until he has money. I would like to see better use of ammo boxes and ammo trucks instead or limit bunker reload capacity.

Well,i completely agree with you on this ... there are already parameters for that !but it's up to benny to force this kind of gameplay,which is a lot better than the actual lone-wolf encouraging system !

What Version are you talking about here Markuz? Ive never seen upgrades not working... Im not sure what your knowledge is like about WFBE. You know that you need a command center to perform upgrades, yes?

upgrade button was greyed out

PS: i just got most retarded A.I. decision LOLD and raged at the same time...i as commander was killed by wannabe shooter from my A.I. team just because i ride neutral car,then he blowed it (yes,HE aimed at me,and killed me b4 blowing it)

btw,73 is WAY laggier than 72. in 72 i could play for 6 hours without lags and whatnot (only CTDs few times),but in 73 game start lagging after 40min+ of playing and lags only increasing to that point where i playing turn based arma and req restart.

Edited by Markuz

Well, about the AI: The AI in WFBE can only be as good as the arma AI allows it to be, meaning that some scripts in WFBE are definately bugged, but those scripts will not affect your average combat behaviour or vehicle handling. Id suggest you take a look at some AI addons like ASR AI, TPWCAS or the vehicle handling part of COSLX.

And about the lag: I highly doubt that 73 is laggier than 72 if you play it with the exact same parameters. Actually 73 has a pretty good lag-decreasing script that stops towns from being triggered by AI air vehicles depending on their fly height, where they would usually trigger all towns they fly over.

In general lag in one game "round" compared to the lag in another round can hardly be compared at all. There are just way too many random factors. If your AI teammates decide to split up more and trigger 5 towns instead of 2, it will put massive amount of additional load on the server. Add the same thing to the enemy team and youre down from 50 server fps to 15 within a couple of minutes.

That is why i benchmarked my system before altering the parameters to fit my system specs for a decent SP experience. I loaded up chernarus with all upgrades and max money/supply and just let the game go on for a while. The AI will buy lots of stuff and as soon as all AI teams are full and a couple of towns are triggered you can read the server FPS. If its too low you will likely need to modify the number of slots or AI squad size, because that is pretty much a simulation of the late game.

Advancing slowly but surely on both A2 and A3 version :)

I'm thinking of "globalizing" resources such as supply is the only resource common to the side which can be 'split' in fuel and weapons such as:

- Weapons are used for gear and infantry (Soldier (base) > 20 Weapons. Javelin Gear > 50 Weapons)

- Fuel is used for vehicles along with Weapons

- Supply is used for building and upgrades as usual

- Supply is capped by default, building some kind of Service Point in the base allow the supply/fuel/weapons limit to be increased

- Each bases has it's own set of resources. A supply chain can be built between them at the cost of an upkeep

- Commander can elect some Field commanders which are allowed to build FOB

- Commander can restrict access to factories/gear (to be worked~)

73 have some srs issues.

as stated above,72 is WAY faster and i didn't encounter FPS drop so far,which 73 had.

73 also have "endless Mission Receiving" problem on connection (my friend had it). so with this and FPS drop i degrade to 72 which is ok so far (except he now start to spawn at HQ with default weapons after 4 hours of play every time i restart and resume the game)

also we had some problems with map marker (double click that creating black X) at some point (i believe it started when my friend begin to spawn at base with default weapons) stop showing on my or his map if someone of us created it (if he created it,i can't see it and vice versa).

also UPSMON is spamming my lift corner of monitor with erros,that UPSMON don't have patrol points or somtn (don't remember correct error)

PS: arma 2 (just arma,no mods,no addons) 1.11

PSS: is there some keys or somtn,that change between commander squad controls and your own squad ?

i'd like ro request a FEATURE:

spawn Headless Client as a neutral OR single defender unit at the A.I. camp. if possible where shooting is in progress :D

Edited by Markuz

Advancing slowly but surely on both A2 and A3 version :)

I'm thinking of "globalizing" resources such as supply is the only resource common to the side which can be 'split' in fuel and weapons such as:

- Weapons are used for gear and infantry (Soldier (base) > 20 Weapons. Javelin Gear > 50 Weapons)

- Fuel is used for vehicles along with Weapons

- Supply is used for building and upgrades as usual

- Supply is capped by default, building some kind of Service Point in the base allow the supply/fuel/weapons limit to be increased

- Each bases has it's own set of resources. A supply chain can be built between them at the cost of an upkeep

- Commander can elect some Field commanders which are allowed to build FOB

- Commander can restrict access to factories/gear (to be worked~)

I'm not sure I understand correctly, but I wouldn't consider weapons a resource. Rather, a resource is something needed to build a weapon. Something like iron

I would use three types of resources: energy (oil basically), iron, food.

73 have some srs issues.

as stated above,72 is WAY faster and i didn't encounter FPS drop so far,which 73 had.

73 also have "endless reviving" problem on connection (my friend had it). so with this and FPS drop i degrade to 72 which is ok so far (except he now start to spawn at HQ with default weapons after 4 hours of play every time i restart and resume the game)

also we had some problems with map marker (double click that creating black X) at some point (i believe it started when my friend begin to spawn at base with default weapons) stop showing on my or his map if someone of us created it (if he created it,i can't see it and vice versa).

also UPSMON is spamming my lift corner of monitor with erros,that UPSMON don't have patrol points or somtn (don't remember correct error)

PS: arma 2 (just arma,no mods,no addons) 1.11

PSS: is there some keys or somtn,that change between commander squad controls and your own squad ?

i'd like ro request a FEATURE:

spawn Headless Client as a neutral OR single defender unit at the A.I. camp. if possible where shooting is in progress :D

Stock 073 has some issues, i'm not checking vanilla that often lately (i'll have a look). 073.3 shall be fine but i havn't made a vanilla oriented version yet.

I'm not sure that i understand your request tho :)

I'm not sure I understand correctly, but I wouldn't consider weapons a resource. Rather, a resource is something needed to build a weapon. Something like iron

I would use three types of resources: energy (oil basically), iron, food.

Molre like an "ammunition" ressource then :)

I'm also doing new Graphical User Interface dialogs (like gear menu and such) for A3 with UI Interface scaling (Small, Large...)

make headless client automatically present(teleport or whatever) in battles as NEUTRAL or ANIMAL(so it wont waste team slots),so it wont die (point of HC if it's not near battles)

btw,not "endless reviving" but "endless Mission Receiving" (stupid typos correction)

PS: i have some errors pooping up (script error enabled) regarding town defenses. (in 72 and 73(72 i'm playing with friends,and 73 solo))

plus i have "defend" mission in one of the town where is NO ENEMIES,or at leas i,or 60 vehicles and all of A.I. squads patrolling the area didn't found. thus making huge load on my server by spawning those 60 vehicles ,and now this town is more like vehicles junkyard than a town.

and last: my friend after sometime started to spawn at HQ with default gear every time i resume the game.

in 73 trying to unflip tank(or any other vehicle)

1d9hs.jpg

PSS:i find there are too much $ in 73 compare to 72. commander have 2K per min only from 5 towns (with large amount of towns he can sponsor whole team with tanks,helicopters and whatnot). 72 more tactical and you need to think on what to spend and when,in 73 you don't need to think about money at all,only Supply.

Edited by Markuz

Request:

Add an ACE gear menu GUI.

If none Ace then default Gear GUI.

If Ace then use the Gear GUI with support for all ace gear and functions.

Stock 073 has some issues, i'm not checking vanilla that often lately (i'll have a look). 073.3 shall be fine but i havn't made a vanilla oriented version yet.

Molre like an "ammunition" ressource then :)

I'm also doing new Graphical User Interface dialogs (like gear menu and such) for A3 with UI Interface scaling (Small, Large...)

AiA project and you working on ArmA3 are the reasons why I didn't remove A3 files from ssd :)

Thanks mate, as usual your quality works raise the interest on this game for me and all my team mates/friends.

About resources great idea Supply + Fuel and Ammunition like Company Of Heroes :)

Supply is general like food, medical items, spare parts etc.

Fuel and Ammo no need to be described

so U can do different town that give different resources amount, and also use refinery sites like Saharani or Takistan for fuel.

Thanks a lot for your effort!

If we want to keep ability to buy weapon in town bunkers then there must be punishment for that. I have a proposal. If someone buys weapon in town bunker then town supply outcome decreases. The more powerful weapon was bought, the more supply outcome decreased. For example, town has outcome 60/60 (fully captured town). If someone buy AT in town bunker then town outcome decreases on 20 to 40/60 (partially captured town). If outcome reaches 0/60 then you cannot buy any weapon in bunker until it will be increased again with time. And another side effect that 0/60 town is easy to be captured by enemy. In this case player will not be able to sit in town constantly buying AT weapon.

yea...very thoghtful...let 3 man buy launcher,get your town captured by single rambo.

no one buying AT,get your town captured by single rambo tank....

so NO.

Edited by Markuz

I don't see that bad idea at all. Definitely something to think about. Perhaps Vipera's example was a bit overkill, but some sort of punishment would be good. At least a limited number of weapons/ammo or increasing cost after every purchase.

I don't see that bad idea at all. Definitely something to think about. Perhaps Vipera's example was a bit overkill, but some sort of punishment would be good. At least a limited number of weapons/ammo or increasing cost after every purchase.

I got a very good implementation of that "punishment" in A3 :p

I'm nearly done with the Gear UI (most anoying part, lacking commands and stuff) then it'll be time for the chain of command and for the economy with so far those ideas:

- Supply is no longer virtual but physical, it is allocated in building/structures/trucks which can then be altered with

- Field commanders can be elected by the commander. They may lead a smaller team and perform independant or commander-assigned tasks (also build FOB)

- The commander allocate a "budget" to the field commanders if necessary. The field commanders may dispatch supply to their member (supply truck or other stuff)

- No more $$$ (unless the old school param is ticked).

- Some upgrades may be building-dependant rather than "global"

- Fuel and Munitions are required for units/vehicles/gear

- Some towns may generate more Fuel or Munitions

Feel free to discuss/add things to that list since it's all WIP

well,to discus i really need to see how it will be in practice.

words doesn't really shows how it works in game.

I love the idea of making supply physical, meaning that you could steal from the enemy team or sabotage much easier. That would add a whole new playstyle to the game. I just wonder how the implementation would work. The only thing i could imagine right now is having to build depots which take a certain amount of supply and even make the supply rate dependant on them by not allowing the supply rate to surpass x*number of depots. The enemy team could then either blow up depots to effectively decrease your supply or drive there with trucks and steal it by bringing it to their own depots.

Maybe the depots could even be located in towns and be upgradeable to make quick theft assaults on towns behind enemy lines viable.

All in all i love that idea, cant wait to see what your plans are with that.

I love the idea of making supply physical, meaning that you could steal from the enemy team or sabotage much easier.

I don't like idea of stealing supplies. Destroy - yes, steal - no. If there is a munition as supply then Blufor cannot use the same rounds and tank supplies for their vehicles what Opfor uses. They can use the same fuel, though.

i think it would be cool to handle the upgrades instead with research with taking towns. certain sv lvl for each factory type, when town is taken the new equipment is available, when town is lost, equipment cant be bought till its recaptured. the vehicles a town adds must of course be different for any session, sv level only tells you what factory type, not what vehicle.

the idea behind it is basically that the town has the neccessary equipment/knowledge to provide certain vehicles, like in rl, a town has a tank factory, enemy takes town, no more tanks from that factory, cause enemy uses it now. just a thought, but i think it would add to the gameplay.

If we want to keep ability to buy weapon in town bunkers then there must be punishment for that. I have a proposal. If someone buys weapon in town bunker then town supply outcome decreases. The more powerful weapon was bought, the more supply outcome decreased. For example, town has outcome 60/60 (fully captured town). If someone buy AT in town bunker then town outcome decreases on 20 to 40/60 (partially captured town). If outcome reaches 0/60 then you cannot buy any weapon in bunker until it will be increased again with time. And another side effect that 0/60 town is easy to be captured by enemy. In this case player will not be able to sit in town constantly buying AT weapon.

good idea - also spawn in town needed effect supply

- Field commanders can be elected by the commander. They may lead a smaller team and perform independant or commander-assigned tasks (also build FOB)

- The commander allocate a "budget" to the field commanders if necessary. The field commanders may dispatch supply to their member (supply truck or other stuff)

- No more $$$ (unless the old school param is ticked).

I do not like idea of adding more bureaucracy to the game play. I don't like now when commander sets the income for all teammates to 0 and starts to arrange money manually and people start constantly ask for money and suffer from money income delay. What is a benefit for good players if you want to remove $$$ from the game play? Also I don't want constantly ask for supplies or money from one stupid kid who takes commander sit and provides money for planes and helicopters only to his friends who plays with him on the server and ignores other players requests.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

We also need auto kick from server system for team kills or friendly building destruction. We need to make it as it is done in Battlefield game. If I was killed by friendly player I want to see a menu: Punish or Forgive. If player receives 3 punishments within 5 mins then he will be auto kicked from the server for 15 mins. Interval between punishments should be at least 5 sec to prevent situation when one pilot crashed a helicopter with many players on board and all of them will select Punish pilot. In this case pilot will receive only one punishment for multiple friendly kills.

i think it would be cool to handle the upgrades instead with research with taking towns. certain sv lvl for each factory type, when town is taken the new equipment is available, when town is lost, equipment cant be bought till its recaptured. the vehicles a town adds must of course be different for any session, sv level only tells you what factory type, not what vehicle.

the idea behind it is basically that the town has the neccessary equipment/knowledge to provide certain vehicles, like in rl, a town has a tank factory, enemy takes town, no more tanks from that factory, cause enemy uses it now. just a thought, but i think it would add to the gameplay.

Towns could also be specialized in one or many kind like [APC], [APC, MBT], [Attack Air], [inf - HAT Gear], [Heavy AA]...

Factories could also be upgraded (per factory-upgrade) to allow the production of those classes (if you own at least one town which hold the class).

I was also thinking of creating a special menu that'd give the commander the ability to improve/upgrade towns (garison, defenses, produce fuel or munitions?).

I do not like idea of adding more bureaucracy to the game play. I don't like now when commander sets the income for all teammates to 0 and starts to arrange money manually and people start constantly ask for money and suffer from money income delay. What is a benefit for good players if you want to remove $$$ from the game play? Also I don't want constantly ask for supplies or money from one stupid kid who takes commander sit and provides money for planes and helicopters only to his friends who plays with him on the server and ignores other players requests.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

We also need auto kick from server system for team kills or friendly building destruction. We need to make it as it is done in Battlefield game. If I was killed by friendly player I want to see a menu: Punish or Forgive. If player receives 3 punishments within 5 mins then he will be auto kicked from the server for 15 mins. Interval between punishments should be at least 5 sec to prevent situation when one pilot crashed a helicopter with many players on board and all of them will select Punish pilot. In this case pilot will receive only one punishment for multiple friendly kills.

With field commanders, the "bureaucracy" work is splited as the commander is not alone to handle the tasks.

The commander role shall also be more tactical rather than build n run. The resource distribution is not going to be handled of the same way as the current WF since "individualist" resources are "gone".

Good players will be rewarded by ranks and special point which i haven't decided of their purpose yet (skill tree?). I'd rather have more teamplay than a lone wolf taking a big town alone. Removing the $$$ will prevent end-games where everyone is flying and tab locking.

Auto kick will be built in and a teamkill punish system is easy to do (press x or y).

- Supply is no longer virtual but physical, it is allocated in building/structures/trucks which can then be altered with

destroyed? Awesome

- Some upgrades may be building-dependant rather than "global"

very nice

- Fuel and Munitions are required for units/vehicles/gear

- Some towns may generate more Fuel or Munitions

Pretty nice. I like the idea of fuel and ammo, like something you can produce in a town. The more towns, the more fuel and ammo.

Or maybe it could be done with a refinery and an ammo factory. You destroy those you make a serious trouble

I sure will :)

Towns could also be specialized in one or many kind like [APC], [APC, MBT], [Attack Air], [inf - HAT Gear], [Heavy AA]...

Factories could also be upgraded (per factory-upgrade) to allow the production of those classes (if you own at least one town which hold the class).

I was also thinking of creating a special menu that'd give the commander the ability to improve/upgrade towns (garison, defenses, produce fuel or munitions?).

I would definitely give the option to improve defenses. Rather then upgrade fuel/munition, maybe giving the option to shift the production, at a quite expensive cost, might be interesting

Me and a clan mate had a good time playing some Warfare missions on the CiA server a few weeks back. At his suggestion we left the AI as commander. While that worked pretty good, it also seemed kinda inefficient as the AI is not that clever with assaults.

Past couple days I've been fiddling a bit with playing some solo. It doesn't really seem to be that fun or easy to play with this solo and I'm guessing these Warfare missions are really intended to be coop?

Would love to hook up with a group who focus on Warfare coop, just to see how it works.

any plans to add some sort of blueprints ? let's say... extracted from a dead body of commanders of Resistance,or from crates in the center of the town ?

so you can build British Armed Forces and Private Military Company tech ?

any plans to add some sort of blueprints ? let's say... extracted from a dead body of commanders of Resistance,or from crates in the center of the town ?

so you can build British Armed Forces and Private Military Company tech ?

Interesting idea, i like it :)

Me and a clan mate had a good time playing some Warfare missions on the CiA server a few weeks back. At his suggestion we left the AI as commander. While that worked pretty good, it also seemed kinda inefficient as the AI is not that clever with assaults.

Past couple days I've been fiddling a bit with playing some solo. It doesn't really seem to be that fun or easy to play with this solo and I'm guessing these Warfare missions are really intended to be coop?

Would love to hook up with a group who focus on Warfare coop, just to see how it works.

AI will be pimped big time soon.

Edited by Benny.