Hello. I'm new to this mod and I'm loving every minute of it. Just an issue with the vehicles, maybe its something simple I am overlooking.

When you buy units/vehicles I can command them to follow me, attack etc etc but how do I get into the vehicles? They also ignore disembark orders. Even after killing the AI motorcyclist I could not get onto his bike. Could anyone shed and light on to where I am going wrong?

Thanks. Oh and I am using the latest version of this mod :)

Vehicles you buy are locked by default. Either uncheck the red lock icon when buying a vehicle, or choose the "unlock" option from the menu when standing close to the vehicle.

=Oh and I am using the latest version of this mod :)

Just to clarify, It isn't a "mod" but more a map / scenario and only the server has to run the .pbo, it isn't needed for you to have / install it. :o

Hey guys hey benny, absolutely amazing mission this! So much fun to play with your friends!

But there's a couple of things I'd like to customize that i haven't been able to do myself:

1. Even though there's an "extra smalll" option in BE Warfare, It's still not small enough for me. There's 5 towns, but I'd like it to be only 3. How do i do this without breaking something else?

2. I'd like to play with my friends so that we're all on our own side - BLUFOR/OPFOR/RESISTANCE, but in the default BEWarfare missions there's only BLUFOR & OPFOR. Is this possible to change somehow?

I have to ask you guys, because when I tried doing this by myself I always managed to break some other aspect of the game (not being able to buy stuff/command squads...).

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Hey guys hey benny, absolutely amazing mission this! So much fun to play with your friends!

But there's a couple of things I'd like to customize that i haven't been able to do myself:

1. Even though there's an "extra smalll" option in BE Warfare, It's still not small enough for me. There's 5 towns, but I'd like it to be only 3. How do i do this without breaking something else?

2. I'd like to play with my friends so that we're all on our own side - BLUFOR/OPFOR/RESISTANCE, but in the default BEWarfare missions there's only BLUFOR & OPFOR. Is this possible to change somehow?

I have to ask you guys, because when I tried doing this by myself I always managed to break some other aspect of the game (not being able to buy stuff/command squads...).

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Hey,

Thanks.

1. You can open up the mission in the Editor, look for a logic called "WF_Logic" and copy the whole content of the initialization line in a notepad or something similar.

Look for the "Towns_RemovedXSmall" variable and add the town which you want to remove in it.

So you get something similar to:

this setVariable ["Towns_RemovedXSmall",["Azizajt","Nango"...]];

Finally, copy back the whole content back in the logic and save the mission.

2. This is tricky as I've never really tried it myself but you can simply delete the whole side from the editor (playable units & the side logic). So removing OPFOR is removing OPFOR playable units & WFBE_L_OPF logic. This can only be done in 073 thought.

@Benny

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but i didn't fancy going through the posts or trying to work out what search word to use. Anyway, i was playing online this morning after joining a team that got their ass spanked and someone detonated a camp with a satchel charge which prevented me from capturing it. I just lay there in the scorched earth with my packed lunch loving packed by the missus and i couldn't capture it! Will there be some kind of fix for this sort of thing in your upcoming release or am i wrong to think it couldn't be captured? I waited at the camp for 3 whole weeks mind!

;)

@Benny

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but i didn't fancy going through the posts or trying to work out what search word to use. Anyway, i was playing online this morning after joining a team that got their ass spanked and someone detonated a camp with a satchel charge which prevented me from capturing it. I just lay there in the scorched earth with my packed lunch loving packed by the missus and i couldn't capture it! Will there be some kind of fix for this sort of thing in your upcoming release or am i wrong to think it couldn't be captured? I waited at the camp for 3 whole weeks mind!

;)

Hey,

Camps can be blasted to smithereens as they can be rebuilt with a repair truck :)

Later on they will cost supply (commander ack system).

On another note, I'm currently testing an Headless Client version on our server and it really help with alot of AI (reactivity is awesome)!

Hey,

Camps can be blasted to smithereens as they can be rebuilt with a repair truck :)

Later on they will cost supply (commander ack system).

On another note, I'm currently testing an Headless Client version on our server and it really help with alot of AI (reactivity is awesome)!

That's cool enough for me, also there has to be a better system to kick team killers and people who deliberately destroy your own base. I've just had 3 games and all ruined by team killers and people destroying the base camp from the inside. It just kills it for me to be honest. When playing flashpoint back in the day admins were usually swift but now no admins and kick votes go unoticed! Only on game out of the 3 was the individual voted off and kicked! Kids don't give a sh*t!

I'm 43 and wouldn't for one second think about team killing or anything like that, i just don't understand how these immature pr*cks get through the day! In short Benny i hope there's something you could implement in your next revision of Warfare.

:mad:

Edited by Law-Giver

That's cool enough for me, also there has to be a better system to kick team killers and people who deliberately destroy your own base. I've just had 3 games and all ruined by team killers and people destroying the base camp from the inside. It just kills it for me to be honest. When playing flashpoint back in the day admins were usually swift but now no admins and kick votes go unoticed! Only on game out of the 3 was the individual voted off and kicked! Kids don't give a sh*t!

I'm 43 and wouldn't for one second think about team killing or anything like that, i just don't understand how these immature pr*cks get through the day! In short Benny i hope there's something you could implement in your next revision of Warfare.

:mad:

I'm there with you, we have been persevering in our efforts to ban these users and their userID's via BattleEye, but some come in from time to time.

We just restart and move on best we can.

Be nice to have as soon as a player from same team places a satchel charge next to the HQ they get auto kicked similar to the methods in Domination where a player places one satchel in the base they get auto kicked.

Hi Benny,

First of all, brilliant work, and thank you for sharing it. The high command AI is the best I've seen in Arma 2 (me and my friends don't like to constantly command troops around so we have to rely on AI commanders when playing coop).

Anyway I'm making this post because I have been running into a big issue with Warfare BE. Every time I play coop, after about 1.5 to 2 hours into the game all AI squads suddenly freeze. Not only do they completely stop moving but some squads will not even recognize enemies from a meter away (I can walk right up to some enemy units). As soon as I'm making progress and really getting into the game this bugs kicks in and forces me to abandon any progress and restart the server.

After a quick search of this thread I found that a few other people have been experiencing the same problem (ref: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138805-Warfare-BE&p=2237239&highlight=freeze#post2237239). Do you know why this is happening?

Edited by kyfohatl

Hi Benny,

both my own RPT and server log are filled with lines about the CIPHER module. For example:

Error in expression <(_this select 2)} else {[]};

if (count _list == 0) exitWith {[]};

_isString = i>

Error position: <_list == 0) exitWith {[]};

_isString = i>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _list

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Common\Module\CIPHER\CIPHER_Init.sqf, line 65

Error in expression <CTIONS",sideJoinedText,_x];

_sorted = ([_content, false] Call CIPHER_SortArray) >

Error position: <_content, false] Call CIPHER_SortArray) >

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _content

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Common\Module\CIPHER\CIPHER_Sort.sqf, line 41

Error in expression <'WFBE_%1%2FACTIONS',sideJoinedText,_x], _sorted];

_content = missionNamespace >

Error position: <_sorted];

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _sorted

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Common\Module\CIPHER\CIPHER_Sort.sqf, line 42

Error in expression <,false,_content] Call CIPHER_SortArray) select 1;

missionNamespace setVariable [>

Error position: <select 1;

Error Diviseur nul

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Common\Module\CIPHER\CIPHER_Sort.sqf, line 55

_isString = i>

_isString = i>

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Common\Module\CIPHER\CIPHER_Init.sqf, line 65

Error in expression <UNITS',sideJoinedText,_x];

_sorted = ([(_content) Call _preformat,false,_content>

Error position: <_content) Call _preformat,false,_content>

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Common\Module\CIPHER\CIPHER_Sort.sqf, line 55

Did I screwed something changing units and stuff (haven't touched the CIPHER thingy though) or is it the error you fixed in Bug #70177

Hi Benny,

First of all, brilliant work, and thank you for sharing it. The high command AI is the best I've seen in Arma 2 (me and my friends don't like to constantly command troops around so we have to rely on AI commanders when playing coop).

Anyway I'm making this post because I have been running into a big issue with Warfare BE. Every time I play coop, after about 1.5 to 2 hours into the game all AI squads suddenly freeze. Not only do they completely stop moving but some squads will not even recognize enemies from a meter away (I can walk right up to some enemy units). As soon as I'm making progress and really getting into the game this bugs kicks in and forces me to abandon any progress and restart the server.

After a quick search of this thread I found that a few other people have been experiencing the same problem (ref: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138805-Warfare-BE&p=2237239&highlight=freeze#post2237239). Do you know why this is happening?

Hi,

Have you tried to lower AI slots to 8v8 ? What's the server FPS when the ai stop working?

I'm there with you, we have been persevering in our efforts to ban these users and their userID's via BattleEye, but some come in from time to time.

We just restart and move on best we can.

Be nice to have as soon as a player from same team places a satchel charge next to the HQ they get auto kicked similar to the methods in Domination where a player places one satchel in the base they get auto kicked.

Satchel protection is built in with the next version.

Hi Benny,

both my own RPT and server log are filled with lines about the CIPHER module. For example:

_isString = i>

_isString = i>

Error in expression <CTIONS",sideJoinedText,_x];

_sorted = ([_content, false] Call CIPHER_SortArray) >

Error position: <_content, false] Call CIPHER_SortArray) >

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Common\Module\CIPHER\CIPHER_Sort.sqf, line 41

Error in expression <'WFBE_%1%2FACTIONS',sideJoinedText,_x], _sorted];

Error position: <_sorted];

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _sorted

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Common\Module\CIPHER\CIPHER_Sort.sqf, line 42

Error in expression <,false,_content] Call CIPHER_SortArray) select 1;

Error position: <select 1;

Error Diviseur nul

_isString = i>

_isString = i>

Error in expression <UNITS',sideJoinedText,_x];

_sorted = ([(_content) Call _preformat,false,_content>

Error position: <_content) Call _preformat,false,_content>

Did I screwed something changing units and stuff (haven't touched the CIPHER thingy though) or is it the error you fixed in Bug #70177

You have to replace in Init_Client.sqf

ExecVM "Common\Config\Core_Upgrades\Labels_Upgrades.sqf";

With

Call Compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Common\Config\Core_Upgrades\Labels_Upgrades.sqf";

Hey Benny.

First of all, me and about ten or so of my friends would like to thank you for making a much better alternative to the base BI warfare, as we use it atleast once a week when we play Arma 2.

Only one problem, with your older versions it seems that some ACE items (Balaclava, earplugs, HK417, etc) appear on the gear list, but with your latest version (2.073) they do not. I would usually just change back to the older version, but then I end up with the bug where the AI team leaders start spawning in the corner of the map rather than fight.

On to my real question, how might I make ACE items appear in the gear list on 2.073? I have ACE turned on in the init, but that hasn't helped with the items apparently.

Thanks,

-McCrae & friends

P.S.

Not sure if this would be the right place to ask, since this might be more appropriate to ask on the ACE thread, but is there a way to build a FOB away from our main base to give ourselves a bit more of a foothold over the area?

Hey, i did a quick search but couldnt find anything about it:

1. In the command center you can assign different coloured codes to your ai squads, what do these do?

2. Also, when playing this mission in takistan, i noticed that my tank squad wasnt moving anywhere, even though i told to move/take towns or whatever.

Any idea what went wrong here?

Edit: More questions:

3. What's the best way of getting the AI squads to actually go attack a town? In my experience so far they usually take very much time to get themselves to the towns, and sometimes they just stand still not doing anything just outside the town..

Edited by Matheey

Hi,

Have you tried to lower AI slots to 8v8 ? What's the server FPS when the ai stop working?

Ohhhh... I see what you are referring to Benny. So that's why when I play vanilla warfare on chernarus (superpowers) I get the same problem. Only difference is that when the AI stops working in vanilla warfare the frame rate is choppy as hell, but in warfare BE frame rate is fine, if slightly lower than what it was at the start of the game (probably due to your superior optimization skills). Another thing is that this problem never happens in the OA version of vanilla warfare (mountain warfare or whatever it's name is) but I'm assuming it's because Takistan map is a lot less resource intensive than chernarus. Anyway I've been playing some 8v8 warfare BE and I'm 2.5 hours in with no problems so far.

So is there nothing I can do? It's a shame because I built my new PC last year with the specific mindset of being able to play ArmA without issues. 8v8 is fun but 16v16 is glorious! Actually can you run warfare BE 16v16 without running into the same problem? If so do you have to overclock?

P.S.

I just found out that you can apply and become a member of an AI squad which is awesome since in addition to my dislike of high command sometimes I don't like to lead in general (not having to worry about where number 3 is and if x needs healing and so on). That is just great... thanks so much :)

This is for Benny, any chance of an update for 2.73 for Sahrani? or CAA1?

We have just worked out getting latest version of CAA1 running on our dedicated Warfare server (trueamericangaming.com or filter by "[TA]" ) and would love to a have a large scale Warfare mission for Sahrani (or for that matter Southern Sahrani).

We run Warfare Fridays and so far we have filled out all 32 slots.

I'm also interested in increasing the counts to 40 if possible!

We have a dedicated 12core running this and gobs of bandwidth from NFO, so number of players shouldn't be a problem as the server max is 64. So any chance in increasing the numbers to 40 or even possibly 50 if you do update a version to Sahrani???

Inspiration for ya, we would love to host this!

I dont think Benny will be updating any other maps for 2.073. Youll have to wait for 2.074 or port your favorite maps over yourself. Another option would be playing the 2.071 versions, theres not too much of a difference to 2.073 in your usage scenario afaik.

Increasing the Playerslots to a higher number is fairly easy though, instructions can be found on Warfares development site: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/wiki/Editing

Benny, i know this question should never be asked and it's something i could answer myself with a "It's done when it's done" but any idea of an ETA on 2.074? I usually just hover around this thread without writing anything but i need to know because i have this fully loaded water pistol and if you don't tell me, then i'm not afraid to use it! :D

Also i've been getting these headaches, real painful they are. My Doctor told me, "You have an information void in your brain where the warfare 2.074 release date should be". So to make me better and to appease my Doctor, please tell! :D

Edited by Law-Giver

Hey Benny.

First of all, me and about ten or so of my friends would like to thank you for making a much better alternative to the base BI warfare, as we use it atleast once a week when we play Arma 2.

Only one problem, with your older versions it seems that some ACE items (Balaclava, earplugs, HK417, etc) appear on the gear list, but with your latest version (2.073) they do not. I would usually just change back to the older version, but then I end up with the bug where the AI team leaders start spawning in the corner of the map rather than fight.

On to my real question, how might I make ACE items appear in the gear list on 2.073? I have ACE turned on in the init, but that hasn't helped with the items apparently.

Thanks,

-McCrae & friends

P.S.

Not sure if this would be the right place to ask, since this might be more appropriate to ask on the ACE thread, but is there a way to build a FOB away from our main base to give ourselves a bit more of a foothold over the area?

Hey McCrae,

I've made a 073.2 (with simply 99.9% of the bugs fixed and alot more content :)), AI had an issue where they would run in a corner due to a "nil" variable during a town patrol.

Well placing items in this version is waaaay more easier than it use to.

1. Defining the gear itself

Let's go in "Common\Config\Gear".

You can either copy/edit an existing one, we edit the existing Gear_US.sqf and go to the item section:

_u = [];//--- Weapon
_p = [];//--- Picture
_n = [];//--- Label
_o = [];//--- Price
_z = [];//--- Upgrade level
_m = [];//--- Magazines (-1 = auto, [x,y,z] = forced magazines)

_u = _u + ["ItemRadio"];
_p = _p + [''];
_n = _n + [''];
_o = _o + [10];
_z = _z + [0];
_m = _m + [-1];

_u = _u + ["ItemWatch"];
_p = _p + [''];
_n = _n + [''];
_o = _o + [5];
_z = _z + [0];
_m = _m + [-1];

_u = _u + ["ACE_XXX"];
_p = _p + [''];
_n = _n + [''];
_o = _o + [5];
_z = _z + [0];
_m = _m + [-1];

_u = _u + ["ACE_YYY"];
_p = _p + [''];
_n = _n + [''];
_o = _o + [5];
_z = _z + [0];
_m = _m + [-1];

You simple add the items classname there and voila the gear is defined.

2. Using the gear in your loadout

Well now that the gear is defined we may want to use it.

Let's edit Loadout_US.sqf in Common\Config\Loadout (You can create a custom one too if you want).

We go at the weapons definition and we add our previously defined classnames ACE_XXX and ACE_YYY (definition order doesn't matter).

//--- Loadout - Weapons.
_u = ['M16A2'];
_u = _u + ['M16A2GL'];
_u = _u + ['M24_des_EP1'];
_u = _u + ['m240_scoped_EP1'];
_u = _u + ['ItemRadio'];
_u = _u + ['ItemWatch'];
_u = _u + ['ACE_XXX'];
_u = _u + ['ACE_YYY'];

3. Making sure that the file is called

Alright, it's done, now we check if the file is really called inside Init_Common.sqf.

You need to know that depending on the version (Vanilla, OA, CO) defined in version.sqf the faction call will vary. We will use Combined Operation version.

switch (true) do {
case WF_A2_Vanilla: {
case WF_A2_CombinedOps: {

If you've used a custom Gear_XXX.sqf you have to add it there with the other gear calls (otherwise you can skip the code part below).

Call Compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Common\Config\Gear\Gear_XXX.sqf";

Now the second big change in the 073 version is the use of the Root files which defines everything about a faction in the game.

/* Call in the teams template - Combined Operations */
	_team_west = if (WF_Camo) then {'US_Camo'} else {'US'};
	_team_east = if (WF_Camo) then {'RU'} else {'TKA'};

If WF_Camo is true (woodland camo) for west then we use the Root_US_Camo.sqf file in Common\Config\Core_Root (notice that _team_west or _team_east only use the file faction name, using US will call Root_US.sqf) otherwise we use Root_US.sqf.

You can also simply tell it to use stock factions with:

/* Call in the teams template - Combined Operations */
	_team_west = 'US';
	_team_east = 'RU';

Let's edit Root_US.sqf and check that our Loadout_US.sqf is there (Note that you can call multiple loadout files). So if you plan on using a custom Loadout_xx.sqf you have to add it with the others (and remove those that you don't need if needed) otherwise you just have to check that it's here.

//--- Client only.
if (local player) then {

//--- Import the needed Gear (Available from the gear menu), multiple gear can be used.
(_side) Call Compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Common\Config\Loadout\Loadout_US.sqf";
if (WF_A2_CombinedOps) then {
	(_side) Call Compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Common\Config\Loadout\Loadout_USMC.sqf";
};

if ((missionNamespace getVariable "WFBE_C_MODULE_BIS_BAF") > 0) then {(_side) Call Compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Common\Config\Loadout\Loadout_BAF.sqf"};
};

That's the complete version of using/editing it, hope it's clear enough if not just say so :)

FOB is planned btw.

Hey, i did a quick search but couldnt find anything about it:

1. In the command center you can assign different coloured codes to your ai squads, what do these do?

2. Also, when playing this mission in takistan, i noticed that my tank squad wasnt moving anywhere, even though i told to move/take towns or whatever.

Any idea what went wrong here?

Edit: More questions:

3. What's the best way of getting the AI squads to actually go attack a town? In my experience so far they usually take very much time to get themselves to the towns, and sometimes they just stand still not doing anything just outside the town..

Colored codes? I don't remember that one :D, got a screenshoot?

Sometime AI will wait for other team members to catch up. I'll rework the AI team/commander FSM soon :)

High command is quite efficient when it come to custom orders.

Ohhhh... I see what you are referring to Benny. So that's why when I play vanilla warfare on chernarus (superpowers) I get the same problem. Only difference is that when the AI stops working in vanilla warfare the frame rate is choppy as hell, but in warfare BE frame rate is fine, if slightly lower than what it was at the start of the game (probably due to your superior optimization skills). Another thing is that this problem never happens in the OA version of vanilla warfare (mountain warfare or whatever it's name is) but I'm assuming it's because Takistan map is a lot less resource intensive than chernarus. Anyway I've been playing some 8v8 warfare BE and I'm 2.5 hours in with no problems so far.

So is there nothing I can do? It's a shame because I built my new PC last year with the specific mindset of being able to play ArmA without issues. 8v8 is fun but 16v16 is glorious! Actually can you run warfare BE 16v16 without running into the same problem? If so do you have to overclock?

P.S.

I just found out that you can apply and become a member of an AI squad which is awesome since in addition to my dislike of high command sometimes I don't like to lead in general (not having to worry about where number 3 is and if x needs healing and so on). That is just great... thanks so much :)

16v16 is doable, you just need to separate the client and the server (and/or use the headless client version) :).

This is for Benny, any chance of an update for 2.73 for Sahrani? or CAA1?

We have just worked out getting latest version of CAA1 running on our dedicated Warfare server (trueamericangaming.com or filter by "[TA]" ) and would love to a have a large scale Warfare mission for Sahrani (or for that matter Southern Sahrani).

We run Warfare Fridays and so far we have filled out all 32 slots.

I'm also interested in increasing the counts to 40 if possible!

We have a dedicated 12core running this and gobs of bandwidth from NFO, so number of players shouldn't be a problem as the server max is 64. So any chance in increasing the numbers to 40 or even possibly 50 if you do update a version to Sahrani???

Inspiration for ya, we would love to host this!

Hey,

I'll try to post my latest versions (073.2) tonight on dev-heaven so that you can port/export them. It's not too hard to do (copy the chernarus or takistan content in Sahrani and rename the towns). Just say if you have some problems with it.

I suggest to use the Headless client version i'll upload tonight, it can handle alot of AI without impacting server FPS.

Benny, i know this question should never be asked and it's something i could answer myself with a "It's done when it's done" but any idea of an ETA on 2.074? I usually just hover around this thread without writing anything but i need to know because i have this fully loaded water pistol and if you don't tell me, then i'm not afraid to use it! :D

Also i've been getting these headaches, real painful they are. My Doctor told me, "You have an information void in your brain where the warfare 2.074 release date should be". So to make me better and to appease my Doctor, please tell! :D

I'm tempted to release 073.2 as 074 since it's rock solid and make the AI changes along with buy menu/structures changed in 075 :)

Edited by Benny.

073.2 sounds sweet, cant wait for it :D

About the Headless client... how does it work exactly? Does it do all of the ai calculation or can you limit it to specific values? Can you have multiple HC's on a server? And how do you start it on the machine you want to have it on?

Would be nice if there was a little tutorial for it, or maybe there is one on the internet that i just cant find?

It's not too hard to do (copy the chernarus or takistan content in Sahrani and rename the towns). Just say if you have some problems with it.

I'm getting excited :).

So are you referring to being able to make this release work with any map, in my case Isla Duala ? Is this easy to do ? If not then I'd like to request Isla Duala support from you or another forum member.