You can tweak the AI commander FSM "purchase" selection.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I hate to go full retard on you, but what exactly should I change. I loaded up aicommander.fsm and found nothing about purchasing in the fsm editor. I did find a some items retaining to purchasing in aiteam.fsm, but I am unaware what I should change. I will admit, I am familiar with the code, but I have really only viewed fsms, not edited them.

Well let's play tweaking the mission! :)

missionNamespace setVariable [Format["WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLES", _side], ['OFrP_VAB_SAN','OFrP_VAB_TOP127']];//--- Starting Vehicles.
missionNamespace setVariable [Format["WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLESINIT", _side], "this setFuel 0"]; //--- Starting Vehicle init.

Init_Server.sqf

//--- Starting vehicles.
       {
           _vehicle = [_x, getPos _hq, _sideID, 0, false] Call WFBE_CO_FNC_CreateVehicle;
           [_vehicle, getPos _hq, 45, 60, true, false, true] Call PlaceNear;
           _vehicle setVariable ["WFBE_Taxi_Prohib", true];
           (_vehicle) call WFBE_CO_FNC_ClearVehicleCargo;
           emptyQueu = emptyQueu + [_vehicle];
           _vehicle spawn HandleEmptyVehicle;
           //--- Custom init.
           _init = missionNamespace getVariable Format["WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLESINIT", _side];
           if !(isNil '_init') then {
               _vehicle setVehicleInit _init; processInitCommands;
           };
       } forEach (missionNamespace getVariable Format ['WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLES', _side]);

Otherwise, you can adapt the init to be :

- global to all vehicles

- per vehicles

Thanks a lot Benny! I love your atitude and your mission is a wonderful playground.

The solution you posted is globall to all vehicles, right?

Then how to have an init per vehicles? (For example, I want to animate one of the vehicle and also have some "taxi" vehicles that, using a script I already have, respawn automatically next to the MHQ once they have been left alone for 1min).

Thanks for the quick reply.

I hate to go full retard on you, but what exactly should I change. I loaded up aicommander.fsm and found nothing about purchasing in the fsm editor. I did find a some items retaining to purchasing in aiteam.fsm, but I am unaware what I should change. I will admit, I am familiar with the code, but I have really only viewed fsms, not edited them.

AI Commander will assign buy types to AI TL within the "Update Types" Square (Inf/Light/Heavy/Air).

The code is a bit fancy and the whole FSM will be renewed in 074.

Thanks a lot Benny! I love your atitude and your mission is a wonderful playground.

The solution you posted is globall to all vehicles, right?

Then how to have an init per vehicles? (For example, I want to animate one of the vehicle and also have some "taxi" vehicles that, using a script I already have, respawn automatically next to the MHQ once they have been left alone for 1min).

Different solution but same approach, this time we extend the first array.

missionNamespace setVariable [Format["WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLES", _side], [ //--- [[classname, init],...[]...]
['OFrP_VAB_SAN', "this execVM 'taxi.sqf';"],
['OFrP_VAB_TOP127', "this addAction ['animate', 'anim.sqf'];"]
]];//--- Starting Vehicles.

Init_Server.sqf

//--- Starting vehicles.
	{
		//--- Retrieve the classname and the init, (skip init if it's like "").
		_type = _x select 0;
		_init = _x select 1;

_vehicle = [_type, getPos _hq, _sideID, 0, false] Call WFBE_CO_FNC_CreateVehicle;
		[_vehicle, getPos _hq, 45, 60, true, false, true] Call PlaceNear;
		_vehicle setVariable ["WFBE_Taxi_Prohib", true];
		(_vehicle) call WFBE_CO_FNC_ClearVehicleCargo;
		emptyQueu = emptyQueu + [_vehicle];
		_vehicle spawn HandleEmptyVehicle;

if (_init != "") then {
			_vehicle setVehicleInit _init; 
			processInitCommands;
		}
	} forEach (missionNamespace getVariable Format ['WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLES', _side]);

It's so simple when it's explained by you. ;)

Thanks again Benny.

I created a dedicated server with your awesome Warfare Takistan map and ran into several things that were a bit annoying.

The AI tends to run out of fuel! The AI does not buy any fuel trucks or calls for support. They just stand still at their current location and wait to get killed. Even if i manually place a fuel truck next to the empty vehicle, the vehicle wont refuel.

I created a dedicated server with your awesome Warfare Takistan map and ran into several things that were a bit annoying.

The AI tends to run out of fuel! The AI does not buy any fuel trucks or calls for support. They just stand still at their current location and wait to get killed. Even if i manually place a fuel truck next to the empty vehicle, the vehicle wont refuel.

The old AI FSM had a way of refueling units but not anymore, in the new version, AI will resupply troops & vehicles at the depot.

The old AI FSM had a way of refueling units but not anymore, in the new version, AI will resupply troops & vehicles at the depot.

Cool! Looking forward to the new version.

You're welcome. Did it work propperly for you even with Vista?

It only works with Vista. AFAIK XP does not have the capability to use the suspend process command. Vista also has a completely revamped memory and process handling architecture (carried through to Win 7 as well) which should improve memory handling for the server.

... my dream is a config tool for WFBE with a classname/value/squad/map database which easily lets you add content by just clicking what you want to have in it based on the mods youve got installed. Maybe even add a selector for 2/3 sided options and the number of Slots availible. I would totally start working on something like that if just my programming skills were not close to zero.

That would be nice. It may be possible to attract GUI coders who want to show off their skills :moto:

Hi,

I am working on a I44 conversion for this mode.

I saw that there is a debug mode for benny warfare.

"•In version.sqf comment out WF_DEBUG and reload the mission in the editor, you'll be able to teleport over the map and you'll be in god mode."

In this files, it write:

/* DEBUG */

//#define WF_DEBUG 1

What I have to write/change/do to launch the mission in debug mode in the mission editor ?

And during this mission, how to teleport me where I want ect...?

Thanks ^^

Hi,

I am working on a I44 conversion for this mode.

save your time there is already an i44 version of bennys warfare

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15511

Hi,

What I have to write/change/do to launch the mission in debug mode in the mission editor ?

And during this mission, how to teleport me where I want ect...?

Thanks ^^

remove this //

/* DEBUG */

#define WF_DEBUG 1

Hey can anyone help me here, I'm trying to setup Warfare BE server, but I'm having problems with BE's parameters, as they are not loaded from my server.cfg file, everything else like server name and passwords etc. are coming from it correctly, but parameters just stay as default. Here is the server.cfg file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16333519/server.cfg

Also is there a list of the new parameters somewhere? Because this list is quite old. :) https://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/wiki/Parameters

Edited by PetroOmg

Hey can anyone help me here, I'm trying to setup Warfare BE server, but I'm having problems with BE's parameters, as they are not loaded from my server.cfg file, everything else like server name and passwords etc. are coming from it correctly, but parameters just stay as default. Here is the server.cfg file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16333519/server.cfg

Also is there a list of the new parameters somewhere? Because this list is quite old. :) https://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/wiki/Parameters

Hey,

The parameter names changed for 073, I'll update the parameter tools asap!

In the meanwhile, You can find the parameters after de-pboing the mission in Rsc\Parameters.hpp.

The names are like "WFBE_C_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED".

For instance:

aiTeams = 0; 

Becomes

WFBE_C_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0; 

Hey,

The parameter names changed for 073, I'll update the parameter tools asap!

In the meanwhile, You can find the parameters after de-pboing the mission in Rsc\Parameters.hpp.

The names are like "WFBE_C_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED".

For instance:

aiTeams = 0; 

Becomes

WFBE_C_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = 0; 

Phew, thanks!

For a second I sure that I was crazy!

I am sorry to bother you with this, feel free to take your time answering back. I have gone crazy trying to figure out how on earth to make 3 factions playable as opposed to just east v west. what i did was took the pbo. extracted it, from there i put the mission folder in the editor and attempted as i read on one of your post to simply add resistance by making the game logic along with playable slots just like the opfor and blufor are set up. sure enough it adds the independent to the game but i can't understand if there is more to it i am missing because simply i can start off as independent but can't construct an hq just like you would for the other 2. if you could send me some guidance on how to do this that would be great. many thanks.

I am sorry to bother you with this, feel free to take your time answering back. I have gone crazy trying to figure out how on earth to make 3 factions playable as opposed to just east v west. what i did was took the pbo. extracted it, from there i put the mission folder in the editor and attempted as i read on one of your post to simply add resistance by making the game logic along with playable slots just like the opfor and blufor are set up. sure enough it adds the independent to the game but i can't understand if there is more to it i am missing because simply i can start off as independent but can't construct an hq just like you would for the other 2. if you could send me some guidance on how to do this that would be great. many thanks.

Hi,

Have a look at the bottom here https://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/wiki/Editing

Step to make it 3-way:

- Openup the mission Editor.

- Create a game logic Called "WFBE_L_GUE" (for resistance).

- Add resistance playable units on the map.

- Synchronize (F5) them with the logic.

That's it.

If you meet some more problems have a look in ArmA2OA.rpt file (or other .rpt file).

Awesome that solved it right away, my next question is adding custom addons (i.e http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15859 ) I am trying to add this AC-130 to the game to purchase at the factory. I already have it in game where i can freely use it in editor and what not, but no luck getting it into the warfare mod.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/wiki/Edit

I followed this link verbatim, the two steps with no luck. I'm not sure what I might be missing, is there any guidance to what I might be doing wrong, would be much appreciated thank you.

Well, those 2 steps are really all you have to do. You need to be careful to edit the right files for it to work though.

Some tips that might solve your problem:

- Try adding the unit to both Units_CO_US.sqf and Units_OA_US.sqf

- Be careful where you add the plane in Units_CO_US.sqf and Units_OA_US.sqf. Look out for the "_restriction_air" variables, as adding the plane in the wrong section makes it unavailible unless the Advanced Aircraft Restriction parameter is set to that specific value.

If that doesnt help post your Units_CO_US.sqf, Units_OA_US.sqf and Core_US.sqf on pastebin and ill look into it. Im not exactly an expert scripter or anything but so far ive gotten all of the content i wanted to add to work :)

I found two very strange "bugs" after playing for 3 hours on my 2.073 Takistan linux server.The m119 artillery fires but there is no impact explosion. I tried 3 different ways: Fire at postion, via the Tactical Menu and via the artillery computer. Rounds are being fired but they simply do nothing at the target location. No explosion, no nothing.

The other thing are the bounty you get for kills. After almost 1 hour I did not get an more bounty from any units I killed. At first I thought that the server might be laggy but nope it was stable at 30 fps at that moment.

Another thing im very interested in is the client side AI delegation. What settings would you recommend for a server that has 8 AI groups with 8 units per faction?

The server is a Q6600 @ 4x3.4Ghz Ubuntu with 4Gigs of RAM. There are atm only 2 regular players with decent hardware playing on this server (i7 and such)

I found two very strange "bugs" after playing for 3 hours on my 2.073 Takistan linux server.The m119 artillery fires but there is no impact explosion. I tried 3 different ways: Fire at postion, via the Tactical Menu and via the artillery computer. Rounds are being fired but they simply do nothing at the target location. No explosion, no nothing.

The other thing are the bounty you get for kills. After almost 1 hour I did not get an more bounty from any units I killed. At first I thought that the server might be laggy but nope it was stable at 30 fps at that moment.

Another thing im very interested in is the client side AI delegation. What settings would you recommend for a server that has 8 AI groups with 8 units per faction?

The server is a Q6600 @ 4x3.4Ghz Ubuntu with 4Gigs of RAM. There are atm only 2 regular players with decent hardware playing on this server (i7 and such)

Was the client lagging by any chances? was the server paused/resumed? If possible I could use the client/server RPT files.

Keep in mind that AI delegation will crash some beta clients (why? i don't know). Delegating as it is, is a problem of CPU vs Bandwidth, the more you delegate, the more the network operations are performed. 1 or 2 is fine.

I'll replace AI delegation with headless client soon.

On another note, here's some new version highlights:

• Profile Namespace has been introduced making gear template / view distance / terrain grid persistent to the client (attached to the profile).
  • Alot of bug fixes.
  • Town AI were reworked to be more consistent (occupation may spawn to help clearing the town).
  • Brand new reinforcement module:
    • Reinforcement module will pick between sea/ground/air transportation.
    • The spawn places are entirely dynamic with selectBestPlaces.
    • Reinforcement kind may vary, you may have convoys or armored vehicles or even infantry squads.
    • "dock" logics may be created to prevent ai boats from being stuck (cherno / elektro harbors).

sounds like music mate !!!

waiting 074!!!

thank you !! I prepare to work a lot ;)

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

I would like to have a dynamic viewdistance that will works in that way

soldier (base value)

in vehicle land turret + landbonus

using binoculars + landbonus

in vehicle air unit + airbonus

base value and maxbonus selectable by GUI slider

I play with 4000 viewdistance

but I have good HW, I have performance degrade during long play with this setting

but I can still have more than 50FPS

I have (and all other that can play with high VD) good advantage against people forced to play with less VD

I would like to use for example:

3000 base value this mean the maximum viewdistance as soldier

give a bonus when in vehicle land turret or when using binocular/rangefinder/laserdesignator +1000m

give a bonus when in vehicle air +1500m

This will give a bit advantage to long range vehicle use against infantry that will need binocs to spot..

This will limit the vd on the ground and increase the FPS and decrease performance degrade over time

:)

Was the client lagging by any chances? was the server paused/resumed? If possible I could use the client/server RPT files.

Keep in mind that AI delegation will crash some beta clients (why? i don't know). Delegating as it is, is a problem of CPU vs Bandwidth, the more you delegate, the more the network operations are performed. 1 or 2 is fine.

I'll replace AI delegation with headless client soon.

Could you leave the code for Client side delegation in as an option? I use it in my singleplayer games - hosted on a dedicated server on the same machine - to get a little bit of load off the core that is computing the ai instructions to one of the cores dealing with the game client itself.

I dont think a headless client would help all that much in my usage scenario.

I'll replace AI delegation with headless client soon.]

No it was running smoothly at 30 fps. I am really looking forward to the headless client.

EDIT: Today I played again and I killed several BMT's in a town but I did not get anything for killing them. Where are the *.rpt files stored?

Edited by gabberxxl

Could you leave the code for Client side delegation in as an option? I use it in my singleplayer games - hosted on a dedicated server on the same machine - to get a little bit of load off the core that is computing the ai instructions to one of the cores dealing with the game client itself.

I dont think a headless client would help all that much in my usage scenario.

No worries, I'll leave it. HC will be a third option.

No it was running smoothly at 30 fps. I am really looking forward to the headless client.

EDIT: Today I played again and I killed several BMT's in a town but I did not get anything for killing them. Where are the *.rpt files stored?

Here's where you may find the RPT: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT