Since we've updated our Linux server to patch 1.62.98939, we are experiencing several gamebreaking issues, as we just can't launch the mission on Chernarus at all (stuck at Waiting for host) and on Takistan only Blue side can be played as Red side cannot be played (and one must set the victory conditions to Cities to not have the mission be won by Blue Side from the start).

Anyone else, on an updated Linux server, faced the sames issues?

So when I try to run ace in 2.073 the gear and units don't change. however in the server RPT I get this error.

Squads_SetFactionGroups.sqf: Unit [ACE_Stryker_ICV_M2_SLAT] is not defined in the Core files."

Like a whole bunch of those. Also the gear sqf will not load.

Since we've updated our Linux server to patch 1.62.98939, we are experiencing several gamebreaking issues, as we just can't launch the mission on Chernarus at all (stuck at Waiting for host) and on Takistan only Blue side can be played as Red side cannot be played (and one must set the victory conditions to Cities to not have the mission be won by Blue Side from the start).

Anyone else, on an updated Linux server, faced the sames issues?

Check groups,if you're talking about 073 and core_resistance /occupation if you're talking about 071

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Locality at work :p, bit tricky to patch up.

Will it be helpful to use "MPhit" and "MPkilled" with addMPeventhandler ??

In initJipCOmpatible.sqf,add HCName = "yourHCclient";

But there is no documentation about it !

thanks it's really sad that they don't documented this feature

Can anyone tell me how i can find/edit ALL of the selectable buy types for the AI?

I found some in the files under \Common\Config\Core_Squads

None of the Infantry/Motorized/Mechanized buy types are preconfigured in these files though.

Most of the groups are fetched from BIS configs like that:

_return = ["East", "INS"] Call Compile preprocessFile "Common\Config\Core_Squads\Squads_GetFactionGroups.sqf";
_aiTeamTemplates = _return select 0;
_aiTeamTemplateName = _return select 1;
_aiTeamTemplateRequires = _return select 2;
_aiTeamTypes = _return select 3;
_aiTeamUpgrades = _return select 4;

You can add other types after that, even adapt that line & make static groups.

So when I try to run ace in 2.073 the gear and units don't change. however in the server RPT I get this error.

Squads_SetFactionGroups.sqf: Unit [ACE_Stryker_ICV_M2_SLAT] is not defined in the Core files."

Like a whole bunch of those. Also the gear sqf will not load.

I don't have ACE but it seems like the stryker is not defined within the ACE core file, i'll check asap. Need more details about the gear.sqf if possible.

Check groups,if you're talking about 073 and core_resistance /occupation if you're talking about 071

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Will it be helpful to use "MPhit" and "MPkilled" with addMPeventhandler ??

benny can you please add a support for headless client

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/62500

In initJipCOmpatible.sqf,add HCName = "yourHCclient";

But there is no documentation about it !

It will help.

Nice find about the HC.

Ok benny. I will try to do more testing with it.

But what from what i have done before it will not load the sqf. I have even tried copy and pasting the ace gear over the other gear loadouts and it just loads a different sqf instead. I will try again tonight and see if the server rpt says anything

EDIT:

Ok so I tried again tonight. This is what I did.

1. Changed modACE = false to true in initJIPcompatible.sqf

2. Copied and pasted the ace core and gear sqf's into the class core and gear core in the initCommon.sqf

3. added Ace modules into the mission

4. Exported to MPmission

By the way I am running this as a dedicated server mission, not sure if that changes anything.

The gear from the ace sqf does not load and is not buyable.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what I am doing.

Edited by Scoggs

_return = ["East", "INS"] Call Compile preprocessFile "Common\Config\Core_Squads\Squads_GetFactionGroups.sqf";

Another question: Im in the process of adding pretty much all of the mod content i have to a 3-sided Version of WFBE 2.073. Ive got around 5-6 Jetfighter choices per side and id love to have a random buytype for the AI so that they have a "Jet - Fighter" buytype, but buy a different plane each time. Now what i tried so far is this (shortened for forum purposes) code in Squad_OA_US.sqf:

_randomn=(round (random 2));
switch(_randomn) do
{case 0: {_u = ["CH_47F_EP1"];

_aiTeamTemplateName = _aiTeamTemplateName + ["Air - Infantry CH-47F Squadron"];
};
case 1: {_u = ["OfRp_Puma_RESCO"];

_aiTeamTemplateName = _aiTeamTemplateName + ["Air - Infantry Puma RESCO Squadron"];
};
case 2: {_u = ["bw_ch_53d"];

_aiTeamTemplateName = _aiTeamTemplateName + ["Air - Infantry BW CH-53D Squadron"];
};
};

This works so far, but the problem with this of course is that one buytype is selected each time the mission starts which wont change until the mission is restarted. So my question is, is there any way to achieve this? Maybe by injecting a random loop in the code which makes the AI buy stuff? Or is that hard coded into the game and cannot be done by scripting?

Hello. Just can't remember where I saw this but in my search for a way to save my server game I remember mention of the server being able to respond to a special system process "halt" command leaving it in a paused state until it can be resumed. I think this only works in Windows Vista. Anyone remember this ?

Could it be what you are looking for DJ_Barney?

No clue about Vista.

Hey Benny & WFBE Community

First of all, thanks to Benny for all the hard work on this mission. I have to say that i missed out on arma2 until just recently i got a proper PC for this game. Warfare BE is the most fun i had with a game in quite a while, so thanks for that. Totally looking forward to 074. Will 074 be a stable version and include support for all of the islands 071 had support for?

Additionally i have found out kind of a hacky way to save the game on a dedicated server. Im not sure if this is known already, ill just post it anyways because some people in this thread have been asking for something like this. I gotta admit that i mostly play Singleplayer and i have only tested this on my machine (Win7 Pro 64Bit) so i am not sure if this will work for everyone. I usually play Singleplayer with the dedicated Server AND the Client running on my PC (2500k OC'd to 4.4 ghz), as this - for some reason - gives me much better performance than just starting a normal LAN Server in the game. I hated not being able to save my progress, as games on big islands take a LOT of time to complete (which is a good thing really) so i started experimenting a bit.

What i found out is that you can freeze/unfreeze the dedicated Server completely using PSTools, which is a Tool offered by Microsoft that can freeze Processes within Windows. ((Sorry, cant post a clickable link with 0 posts) Link: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx)

Simply using this command: pssuspend.exe arma2oaserver.exe

and this command to resume: pssuspend.exe -r arma2oaserver.exe

you can suspend and resume the dedicated server whenever you like, without any issues whatsoever. While the server is frozen, it wil not show up in the Serverbrowser.

I even found out a way to suspend and resume the server PLUS the client on my machine to save the stuff that i bought. Usually when you just suspend and resume both in the wrong order, the client will disconnect from the server. Using the following code for 2 batch files (1 to suspend both processes, and 1 to resume both) will make that possible (Just create textfiles, copy/paste it there, fix the path to pstools and save it as batch files)

Suspend:

pssuspend.exe ArmA2OA.exe

PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 100 >NUL

pssuspend.exe arma2oaserver.exe

Resume:

pssuspend.exe -r ArmA2OA.exe

PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 100 >NUL

pssuspend.exe -r arma2oaserver.exe

Explanation: the PING command is just a dirty way to create a pause within a batch file. Unfortunately there is no other way to create pauses in batch files that can be set to a specific amount of milliseconds. (100 = 10ms)

The commands need to be in that particular order to propperly pause and resume both the server and the client without the client disconnecting.

The server and the client will of course use up ram while they are frozen, but absolutely no CPU at all. The only drawback is that you cant completely shutdown your pc as this will of course delete everything written in the ram. Putting the PC to energy-saving mode and resuming afterwards will work though. It is a dirty solution, i know that, but it pretty much has solved the saving-problem for me. At least i was able to actually finish quite a game on Lingor with Town Amount set to Full over a couple of days. I hope this helps some of the Singleplayer guys out there, and who knows... maybe even Windows-server admins will be interested in suspending dedicated servers with pstools. It won't save progress for Players who disconnect of course, so it is by no means a replacement for a proper database, but for SP it works pretty fine.

Yes ! :yay:, thanks Kawa ! That's it ! I think I looked at this when I was using WinXP which if I remember correctly cannot do it. However with Vista, which has a very different process handling model, this should work. I'll test this soon.

Ok benny. I will try to do more testing with it.

But what from what i have done before it will not load the sqf. I have even tried copy and pasting the ace gear over the other gear loadouts and it just loads a different sqf instead. I will try again tonight and see if the server rpt says anything

EDIT:

Ok so I tried again tonight. This is what I did.

1. Changed modACE = false to true in initJIPcompatible.sqf

2. Copied and pasted the ace core and gear sqf's into the class core and gear core in the initCommon.sqf

3. added Ace modules into the mission

4. Exported to MPmission

By the way I am running this as a dedicated server mission, not sure if that changes anything.

The gear from the ace sqf does not load and is not buyable.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what I am doing.

Hey,

Loadouts files are called from the Root_xx.sqf (where xx = faction).

So if you have Root_US_ACE.sqf you may want to check/add the Loadout files calls in it. Gear files can be added straight in init_common.sqf like the others (see https://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/wiki/Editing).

Another question: Im in the process of adding pretty much all of the mod content i have to a 3-sided Version of WFBE 2.073. Ive got around 5-6 Jetfighter choices per side and id love to have a random buytype for the AI so that they have a "Jet - Fighter" buytype, but buy a different plane each time. Now what i tried so far is this (shortened for forum purposes) code in Squad_OA_US.sqf:

_randomn=(round (random 2));
switch(_randomn) do
{case 0: {_u = ["CH_47F_EP1"];

_aiTeamTemplateName = _aiTeamTemplateName + ["Air - Infantry CH-47F Squadron"];
};
case 1: {_u = ["OfRp_Puma_RESCO"];

_aiTeamTemplateName = _aiTeamTemplateName + ["Air - Infantry Puma RESCO Squadron"];
};
case 2: {_u = ["bw_ch_53d"];

_aiTeamTemplateName = _aiTeamTemplateName + ["Air - Infantry BW CH-53D Squadron"];
};
};

This works so far, but the problem with this of course is that one buytype is selected each time the mission starts which wont change until the mission is restarted. So my question is, is there any way to achieve this? Maybe by injecting a random loop in the code which makes the AI buy stuff? Or is that hard coded into the game and cannot be done by scripting?

You may want to look in the aicommander.fsm buytype operation, ai commander will randomly adapt the ai types depending on the money/units, you can add an extra condition for air if needed.

Additionally i have found out kind of a hacky way to save the game on a dedicated server. Im not sure if this is known already, ill just post it anyways because some people in this thread have been asking for something like this. I gotta admit that i mostly play Singleplayer and i have only tested this on my machine (Win7 Pro 64Bit) so i am not sure if this will work for everyone. I usually play Singleplayer with the dedicated Server AND the Client running on my PC (2500k OC'd to 4.4 ghz), as this - for some reason - gives me much better performance than just starting a normal LAN Server in the game. I hated not being able to save my progress, as games on big islands take a LOT of time to complete (which is a good thing really) so i started experimenting a bit.

What i found out is that you can freeze/unfreeze the dedicated Server completely using PSTools, which is a Tool offered by Microsoft that can freeze Processes within Windows. ((Sorry, cant post a clickable link with 0 posts) Link: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx)

Thanks for this. I've had this problem with ArmA hogging my machine on long WFBE games. I was hibernating XP which the server does go along with and behaves OK when its come out of hibernation (BTW many complex pieces of software don't) but that left me with a machine I was unable to do anything else on. This technique is also great for WFBE as it involves extended game play. Hopefully the ability to do this will attract more players - both SP and MP as I don't see why the server should not be OK for MP as well after pausing. I suspect the same technique could be used with the Linux server.

Sorry to jump in on this - but this might explain this;

When I play Warfare and select sides as US and Taki Army, after the AI commanders have upgraded Barracks to Level 3 (I think) the Taki Commander produces (masses of) Russians.

So my questions are;

Firstly is this intentional? Or is it because as stated groups are fetched from BIS configs?

And Secondly is there a way to edit this behaviour in one of these files so that only Taki's are produced?

I should mention i'm using the WarfareBE_071_ACE_18 version - however i have seen this behaviour in other versions.

Edited by MiniGunDad

Sorry to jump in on this - but this might explain this;

When I play Warfare and select sides as US and Taki Army, after the AI commanders have upgraded Barracks to Level 3 (I think) the Taki Commander produces (masses of) Russians.

So my questions are;

Firstly is this intentional? Or is it because as stated groups are fetched from BIS configs?

And Secondly is there a way to edit this behaviour in one of these files so that only Taki's are produced?

I should mention i'm using the WarfareBE_071_ACE_18 version - however i have seen this behaviour in other versions.

AI will purchase what was given to them (in the squad template), this version is not from me.

- In OA versions, AI will buy only OA units (Takistanies/US army).

- In CO versions, AI will buy both OA and CO units (Force Recon, USMC, Russians, MVD...).

It'll be tweaked in next version with the new AI logics.

Otherwise i'm almost done tweaking the High Command, do you guys have any special wishes for it (more waypoints, more waypoint types...) ? I've already removed playable groups from the hostile shown groups to prevent that glitchy base spotting.

AI will purchase what was given to them (in the squad template), this version is not from me.

- In OA versions, AI will buy only OA units (Takistanies/US army).

- In CO versions, AI will buy both OA and CO units (Force Recon, USMC, Russians, MVD...).

It'll be tweaked in next version with the new AI logics.

Otherwise i'm almost done tweaking the High Command, do you guys have any special wishes for it (more waypoints, more waypoint types...) ? I've already removed playable groups from the hostile shown groups to prevent that glitchy base spotting.

After some web searching it took me time to find the maps I like and with the ACE features, but had noticed this issue across most maps etc. As I have CO this explains why the behaviour is there and I really appreciate you took time to answer my query even though the version was not yours.

Overall during my reading of these forums I see that you always reply to posters which is fantastic and your work on the Warfare project is just out of this world. As with many others I salute you and please keep up your excellent work. :clap:

Thanks for this. I've had this problem with ArmA hogging my machine on long WFBE games. I was hibernating XP which the server does go along with and behaves OK when its come out of hibernation (BTW many complex pieces of software don't) but that left me with a machine I was unable to do anything else on. This technique is also great for WFBE as it involves extended game play. Hopefully the ability to do this will attract more players - both SP and MP as I don't see why the server should not be OK for MP as well after pausing. I suspect the same technique could be used with the Linux server.

You're welcome. Did it work propperly for you even with Vista?

After some web searching it took me time to find the maps I like and with the ACE features, but had noticed this issue across most maps etc. As I have CO this explains why the behaviour is there and I really appreciate you took time to answer my query even though the version was not yours.

Overall during my reading of these forums I see that you always reply to posters which is fantastic and your work on the Warfare project is just out of this world. As with many others I salute you and please keep up your excellent work. :clap:

Well, yes, most of the credit still goes to benny, even for the modified versions :)

I have to say that my respect for Benny has gone through the roof since i started editing myself and seeing what i got myself into. Ive been adding quite some mod content for my own 3 sided SP Version (US, UK, GER, FR, DAF vs. RU (ARF), CN vs. IRAN, RACS) and its been an absolutely exhausting thing to do. Collecting all the classnames for vehicles, weapons etc. balancing the values of each just ROUGHLY for SP, then adding the squads so the AI actually uses the new content in a propper way... I dont even want to imagine how much work it is to rewrite some of the core scripts from scratch.

Based on my own editing work my dream is a config tool for WFBE with a classname/value/squad/map database which easily lets you add content by just clicking what you want to have in it based on the mods youve got installed. Maybe even add a selector for 2/3 sided options and the number of Slots availible. I would totally start working on something like that if just my programming skills were not close to zero.

minor feature request for AI's, conquering towns:

is there any chances to suggest/enforce them to rearm/refuel/repair vehicles after conquering towns ? same about soldiers[heal at main camp and rearm/upgrade gear in smaller]?

is any chances to have AI units controllable in non-capturing mode. if you, for example order them all toward[patrol or defend or move]to enemy base or FOB, they stop response after short time[definitely after death], discard choosen role and profile.

is any chances for town defending team[ie independent you-side or friendly guerilla]setup small amount of static defenses for themselves ? :) at least same PKM pillboxes that have resistance before assault and maybe bunch of SPG9 and Zu23 ;-)

also would be like to have:

1. persistent firearms loadouts[w/o need to rebuild/save them EACh time you launch Warfare map].

2. customisable vehicles and deployables loadouts/weapndy/equimpent. to have for example, gunboat with SPG9 and D30, Tank/IFV with engineering caps or 1B24 mortar or bycycle with 4x Metism-M ATGM and other funny and probably handy stuff ;)

Edited by BasileyOne

Does anybody know how one could modify the init of the starting vehicles? (these spawned along the MHQ)

It would be nice to completely remove ability to rearm at town camps and enforce people to use ammunition trucks instead.

Does anybody know how one could modify the init of the starting vehicles? (these spawned along the MHQ)

_someVehicle setVehicleInit "this setDammage 0.5";
processInitCommands;
It would be nice to completely remove ability to rearm at town camps and enforce people to use ammunition trucks instead.

There's already lobby parameter to set where/if you can rearm at bunkers, camps etc. As far as using ammo trucks, maybe some array exists containing the classnames of the bunkers and/or camps, along with the range a unit has to be to rearm. Find the array, and put in the ammo trucks class_name. This is a possibility, though not for sure as I haven't looked.

Thanks Iceman77.

If just not quite sure how to use your command. If I understand it correctly, "_someVehicle" must be defined but I have no idea how nor where to.

What I'm trying to do is to edit the init field of the starting vehicles as defined in the root file, ie:

missionNamespace setVariable [Format["WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLES", _side], ['OFrP_VAB_SAN','OFrP_VAB_TOP127']];//--- Starting Vehicles.

Could you please give me an example on where you do use it?

Is there a way to limit what group types the AI commanders choose? I am porting a Vietnam the Experience to BE Warfare, and half of the AI squads are chosen as artillery groups which I didnt even make purchasable, so the AI squads mostly end up just being the squad leader. It would be nice if the AI squad type selection was based on what building were currently available instead if the AI running around solo.

Actually, Ive tried making an AI squad board another AI squads vehicle through High Command(GET IN and LOAD) and neither worked. It would be nice if this were supported.

Thanks

Edited by Combat-Agent

Thanks Iceman77.

If just not quite sure how to use your command. If I understand it correctly, "_someVehicle" must be defined but I have no idea how nor where to.

What I'm trying to do is to edit the init field of the starting vehicles as defined in the root file, ie:

missionNamespace setVariable [Format["WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLES", _side], ['OFrP_VAB_SAN','OFrP_VAB_TOP127']];//--- Starting Vehicles.

Could you please give me an example on where you do use it?

Well let's play tweaking the mission! :)

missionNamespace setVariable [Format["WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLESINIT", _side], "this setFuel 0"]; //--- Starting Vehicle init.

Init_Server.sqf

//--- Starting vehicles.
	{
		_vehicle = [_x, getPos _hq, _sideID, 0, false] Call WFBE_CO_FNC_CreateVehicle;
		[_vehicle, getPos _hq, 45, 60, true, false, true] Call PlaceNear;
		_vehicle setVariable ["WFBE_Taxi_Prohib", true];
		(_vehicle) call WFBE_CO_FNC_ClearVehicleCargo;
		emptyQueu = emptyQueu + [_vehicle];
		_vehicle spawn HandleEmptyVehicle;
		//--- Custom init.
		_init = missionNamespace getVariable Format["WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLESINIT", _side];
		if !(isNil '_init') then {
			_vehicle setVehicleInit _init; processInitCommands;
		};
	} forEach (missionNamespace getVariable Format ['WFBE_%1STARTINGVEHICLES', _side]);

Otherwise, you can adapt the init to be :

- global to all vehicles

- per vehicles

Is there a way to limit what group types the AI commanders choose? I am porting a Vietnam the Experience to BE Warfare, and half of the AI squads are chosen as artillery groups which I didnt even make purchasable, so the AI squads mostly end up just being the squad leader. It would be nice if the AI squad type selection was based on what building were currently available instead if the AI running around solo.

Actually, Ive tried making an AI squad board another AI squads vehicle through High Command(GET IN and LOAD) and neither worked. It would be nice if this were supported.

Thanks

You can tweak the AI commander FSM "purchase" selection. AI will buy stuff based of structures aswell but it's a bit messy. I'm currently re-doing both commander and ai fsm.

I can tweak the HC so i'll check about it.