That sounds nice in theory, although i don't think the aerial recon/ FO /Snipers or Logistics would work for AI like you would expect from a "real" unit... Unless you do some hardcore game redesigning (i guess). I wouldn't want to rely on an AI Team with AI commander that is the only one with support trucks (fuel, ammo, repair). Commanding them directly can be frustrating enough (road? what road? i'll take a shortcut and climb that freakin mountain with my truck... whoops flipped over because of a pebble. Propably best if i don't tell the boss.)

How about giving Field commanders the ability to build a small outpost/commandpost - for money -(Bunker or something) that gives the Teamleaders of that Fieldcommander the option to spawn there. That way the Teamleaders could get closer to the action if the "frontlines" have already advanced quite a bit from the mainbase without relocating the mainbase. Perhaps some conditions to prevent abuse (i.e. not within 500m of a Town, not further then 3km from mainbase,...) and an appropriate amount of buildtime, similar to basebuildings. Should be destroyable of course. Only one such post for each Fieldcommander, the old post has to be demolished before a new one can be build. If a post is demolished/destroyed it takes xyz seconds until that FC can build another one.

Edit: Hm ok, just noticed that it's not very helpfull if only the Teamleaders can respawn there. What if the Teamleader could respawn there and buy Infantrie units at this post. They get built by the closest mainbase. After the buildtime it takes some more time until the units spawn at the oupost (to represent the transportation), depending on the distance to the mainbase. This would make playing Infantrie alot less of a pita if you want to get back into action.

Edited by Fennek

After playing different versions of BE-WF, I have compiled a list of the best features from all versions. It would be nice if you could implement some, if not all of these features into your next stable release. Also, I have some ideas myself.

-Rubber edition

*Toggleable Mini map (HUD) - Maybe you could add a minimap. One that requires the player to buy a GPS in order to have this feature available. GPS could be costly.

*Player Body Damage Icon (HUD) - Shows injuries where and how bad they are.

*Reward system - Give more incentive to work as a team. Let me explain. Lower the tax income overall.The only way for players to earn a substantial amount of money would be to capture camps and depots (towns). The more team mates present in any given town with you, the bigger of a reward upon capture. Also, kill bountys should be upped. Currently, the reward system is a joke (no offense). You get like 400-800$ for capping an entire town and 45$ for killing an rpg soldier (should be more like 300$).Also, killing other players should give ~2k$. You should get 3k$ for camp captures & between 10k-30k$ for town captures, depending on town size. Some people don't see it even worthy to actually go into a town and capture it. They would rather be lonewolves and go upon a hill and snipe from the outside with a tank or a rifle. If people want the fancy vehicles and gear they should have to atleast work as a team to earn the money to afford such things. If they don't work as a team, then they'll be broke.

-Arma.RU edition

*2 speed transmission for tracked vehicles - This provides "low gear" (via addaction) for climing hills. The ability to have moderate speed with high torque while going up hills. This is such an awesome feature in the arma2.ru edition. While going up a hill, you could enable "low gear" and climb hills at a reasonable (realistic) speed. Not at full normal speed, but at a good moderate speed.

*Limited Field repairs - Every playable unit have field repairs action that will enable a vehicle to become mobile again (any infantry worth his salt knows how to change a tire or do small repairs to equipment). Nothing more and nothing less. You could add a parameter that allows infinite field repairs or limited ie; 3 per life or enable to get more repair kits via service point. This would be different than the normal engineer repair for various reasons. 1) It has limited use 2)Doesn't repair as good or as quickly as engineer repair. So engineers will still be a viable role to play.

*IR Smoke upgrade for tanks - Not sure if this is included in your 2.073 release or if it was just part of the Arma2.ru edition. If it isn't in your current release I suggest making IR smoke script for tanks, that acts just like the auto flares do for aircraft.

-My own list

*respawn button - A button on the respawn dialog instead of forcing players to respawn in x amount of seconds

*Radar - Take out the ability to build artillery radar and AA radar. Place such items in 2 seperate towns. teams would have to secure these towns to have said radar. This would just be another aspect of gameplay.

*Make linked, small mechanized/motorized/infantry patrol inbetween towns - ATM, you're pretty safe to rush to any given town. There are no resistance to try and stop you from actually reaching towns. This is how it should work: At the start, there are guerilla patrols inbetween towns. If U.S. caps two towns next to each other this should spawn a small U.S. patrol inbetween those "linked" towns. If opfor and blufor own ajoining towns then two small patrols would spawn. 1 opfor and 1 blufor.

Could someone point me a working link for teh last version of Quesh-Kibrul variant?

ArmAholic link gives you a regular version Lite CO version.

Good point Iceman77: i have made a small modded version in which i reduced income for players to around 15% of the supply value (increased it for commander),and increased bounties on everything ! this results in everyone fighting to get money,which offers very competitive games .

IR smoke is benny's invention :D

I would like to know what can cause the construction menu to lag even with high server fps ? i mean you build a wall but it takes 3 secs to take place !

@Benny

Buildingdamgereduction doesn't apply to hq ? how to make it so ? on 071

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Oh thank you TeilX, I completely overlooked that Warfare ACE thread. :o

Hey Benny great mission!! I remember playing Warfare back in the day, man its really changed a lot! Still love the Shilka's the most...

Alright so I was wondering, I've started a new server -=Beer Wars=-, and I was curious if I could somehow change the parameters so they are the same everytime, without modifying the file so its a new download...

I can't wait for 2.074!

Klutch Johnson

-=BEER WARS=- :yay:

EDIT: I'm only asking because I followed some instructions from an earlier warfare guy that figured it out, however his technique doesn't seem to work.... I use the

class Params

}

aigroupsize = 6}

etc.. in the config.sys, and no worky :butbut:

Oh nice....

-The field commanders choose between Inf,Support,Mech,Armor,AIr or mixed for his managed pool (already good pools inside your Warfare) Support & AIR is Limited

-more field commanders = more towns attackable: ( adjustable .......count on available playable slots)

2 field commanders = only 2-3 towns attackable ...... 3 field commanders= 3-4 towns 4 field commanders = 5 towns

-specialabilities like minefield & arty for Support ...... Radar for Anti Air Platoon etc ......Inf /Mech/Armor can build little outpost for rearm/heal/repair

1 FC could assign a town to his "minions" (TL). Now the big question is the restriction (Enforcing the purchases like: if infantry >> player x can only buy infantry and light vehicles (transports))

I would love to be able to create a new group with AI I do have under my command and be able to command them through the HC module.

Thought it was already possible but I either dreamed it or completely overlooked the way to do it.

Other than that, I think it would be great to have a Command & Support Group caring about logistic and support (FO, Sniper, Aerial Recon, Medevac, baby wipes and so forth), and several "Battle group" about platoon sized with 1 Command team (1CO, 1 Radio, 1 Medic), 2 Rifle squad and 1 support squad (MG/Missiles/Drinks).

C&S Group would send tasks to Battle groups and up to them to execute it their way.

Each function would have their own set of allowed weapons and liaison would require a radio item.

All that would be an option one could activate or not.

Well the big idea is to have dynamic games, there will be multiple AI FSM like:

- AI Commander (Base/Strategy/Orders/Upgrades/Supports).

- AI Field Commanders (overall fsm, the AI FC will handle the orders for his TL), All TL underneath the FC will make some kind of platoon formation around him (will be customizable ofc).

Depending on the role of the TL, his behaviour will change in the "team".

- AI Team Leaders (Minions, they will behave normally if not within a FC's team).

That sounds nice in theory, although i don't think the aerial recon/ FO /Snipers or Logistics would work for AI like you would expect from a "real" unit... Unless you do some hardcore game redesigning (i guess). I wouldn't want to rely on an AI Team with AI commander that is the only one with support trucks (fuel, ammo, repair). Commanding them directly can be frustrating enough (road? what road? i'll take a shortcut and climb that freakin mountain with my truck... whoops flipped over because of a pebble. Propably best if i don't tell the boss.)

How about giving Field commanders the ability to build a small outpost/commandpost - for money -(Bunker or something) that gives the Teamleaders of that Fieldcommander the option to spawn there. That way the Teamleaders could get closer to the action if the "frontlines" have already advanced quite a bit from the mainbase without relocating the mainbase. Perhaps some conditions to prevent abuse (i.e. not within 500m of a Town, not further then 3km from mainbase,...) and an appropriate amount of buildtime, similar to basebuildings. Should be destroyable of course. Only one such post for each Fieldcommander, the old post has to be demolished before a new one can be build. If a post is demolished/destroyed it takes xyz seconds until that FC can build another one.

Edit: Hm ok, just noticed that it's not very helpfull if only the Teamleaders can respawn there. What if the Teamleader could respawn there and buy Infantrie units at this post. They get built by the closest mainbase. After the buildtime it takes some more time until the units spawn at the oupost (to represent the transportation), depending on the distance to the mainbase. This would make playing Infantrie alot less of a pita if you want to get back into action.

FOB was planned, i'll add it to Field commanders, you will be able to purchase infantry/lvf at upgrade 0 if the FOB itself get upgraded (for money/supply?). Those range restrictions will be added.

Just like base buildings, a limitation will be added (max # of FOB).

After playing different versions of BE-WF, I have compiled a list of the best features from all versions. It would be nice if you could implement some, if not all of these features into your next stable release. Also, I have some ideas myself.

-Rubber edition

*Toggleable Mini map (HUD) - Maybe you could add a minimap. One that requires the player to buy a GPS in order to have this feature available. GPS could be costly.

*Player Body Damage Icon (HUD) - Shows injuries where and how bad they are.

*Reward system - Give more incentive to work as a team. Let me explain. Lower the tax income overall.The only way for players to earn a substantial amount of money would be to capture camps and depots (towns). The more team mates present in any given town with you, the bigger of a reward upon capture. Also, kill bountys should be upped. Currently, the reward system is a joke (no offense). You get like 400-800$ for capping an entire town and 45$ for killing an rpg soldier (should be more like 300$).Also, killing other players should give ~2k$. You should get 3k$ for camp captures & between 10k-30k$ for town captures, depending on town size. Some people don't see it even worthy to actually go into a town and capture it. They would rather be lonewolves and go upon a hill and snipe from the outside with a tank or a rifle. If people want the fancy vehicles and gear they should have to atleast work as a team to earn the money to afford such things. If they don't work as a team, then they'll be broke.

-Arma.RU edition

*2 speed transmission for tracked vehicles - This provides "low gear" (via addaction) for climing hills. The ability to have moderate speed with high torque while going up hills. This is such an awesome feature in the arma2.ru edition. While going up a hill, you could enable "low gear" and climb hills at a reasonable (realistic) speed. Not at full normal speed, but at a good moderate speed.

*Limited Field repairs - Every playable unit have field repairs action that will enable a vehicle to become mobile again (any infantry worth his salt knows how to change a tire or do small repairs to equipment). Nothing more and nothing less. You could add a parameter that allows infinite field repairs or limited ie; 3 per life or enable to get more repair kits via service point. This would be different than the normal engineer repair for various reasons. 1) It has limited use 2)Doesn't repair as good or as quickly as engineer repair. So engineers will still be a viable role to play.

*IR Smoke upgrade for tanks - Not sure if this is included in your 2.073 release or if it was just part of the Arma2.ru edition. If it isn't in your current release I suggest making IR smoke script for tanks, that acts just like the auto flares do for aircraft.

-My own list

*respawn button - A button on the respawn dialog instead of forcing players to respawn in x amount of seconds

*Radar - Take out the ability to build artillery radar and AA radar. Place such items in 2 seperate towns. teams would have to secure these towns to have said radar. This would just be another aspect of gameplay.

*Make linked, small mechanized/motorized/infantry patrol inbetween towns - ATM, you're pretty safe to rush to any given town. There are no resistance to try and stop you from actually reaching towns. This is how it should work: At the start, there are guerilla patrols inbetween towns. If U.S. caps two towns next to each other this should spawn a small U.S. patrol inbetween those "linked" towns. If opfor and blufor own ajoining towns then two small patrols would spawn. 1 opfor and 1 blufor.

Reward system will be reworked once more. I'll check bout the low/high gear.

I'll add some repair kits, it can be frustrating to blow a tire :)

IRS is already in 073, Respawn button may be in 074.

Linking gameplay elements to towns may be interesting (i.e radar/reinforcement).

About the town you mean some kind of strike back? (i.e all towns are res, west take pavlovo, res send tanks from zeleno & mechanized infantry from kamenka).

Good point Iceman77: i have made a small modded version in which i reduced income for players to around 15% of the supply value (increased it for commander),and increased bounties on everything ! this results in everyone fighting to get money,which offers very competitive games .

IR smoke is benny's invention :D

I would like to know what can cause the construction menu to lag even with high server fps ? i mean you build a wall but it takes 3 secs to take place !

@Benny

Buildingdamgereduction doesn't apply to hq ? how to make it so ? on 071

Defense items are created server-sided.

Apply Buildingdamgereduction to construction_hqsite.sqf (only on deployed). Shall be easy to adapt :p

Hey Benny great mission!! I remember playing Warfare back in the day, man its really changed a lot! Still love the Shilka's the most...

Alright so I was wondering, I've started a new server -=Beer Wars=-, and I was curious if I could somehow change the parameters so they are the same everytime, without modifying the file so its a new download...

I can't wait for 2.074!

Klutch Johnson

-=BEER WARS=- :yay:

EDIT: I'm only asking because I followed some instructions from an earlier warfare guy that figured it out, however his technique doesn't seem to work.... I use the

class Params

}

aigroupsize = 6}

etc.. in the config.sys, and no worky :butbut:

Hey, thanks :)

You can edit server.cfg part to customize the mission parameters >> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#ArmA_II:_Operation_Arrowhead_-_multiple_mission_parameters_configuration

The way we are doing it simply is to unpack the mission, edit .\Rsc\Parameters.hpp and pack it again to pbo.

Since, as far as I know, to get the required mission paramaters naming, one would have to go there anyway, it doesn't seems that we are breaking anything.

However, if I understand correctly, the method Benny gave the link to would allow to set the parameters for all Warfare BE missions you have on your server at once, quite nice.

Defense items are created server-sided.

Apply Buildingdamgereduction to construction_hqsite.sqf (only on deployed). Shall be easy to adapt :p

Yes,i tried to tweak the server config ( octo core + 100 mbits symetric) ,but it's still not working properly,i mentionned that this happens at early game !

Yes :D

_site addEventHandler ['handleDamage',{[_this select 0, _this select 2] Call HandleBuildingDamage}]

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Yes,i tried to tweak the server config ( octo core + 100 mbits symetric) ,but it's still not working properly,i mentionned that this happens at early game !

Yes :D

_site addEventHandler ['handleDamage',{[_this select 0, _this select 2] Call HandleBuildingDamage}]

You meant on mobilized HQ?

No ,the deployed one,i fixed it .. i was just confused between buildingdamaged and handlebuildingdamage :D

Any specific server config param to change to get faster defense building ? i remember on a lot of MP servers not getting this issue unless server FPS is very low ! but now it's happening on server fps around 45.

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Hey, thanks :)

You can edit server.cfg part to customize the mission parameters >> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#ArmA_II:_Operation_Arrowhead_-_multiple_mission_parameters_configuration

Okay, I thought so. I must've did it wrong in mine. I got:

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions

{

class Bennys

{

template = "WarfareV2_071Lite.Chernarus";// omit the .pbo suffix

difficulty = "veteran";// difficulty: recruit, regular, veteran or mercenary (see CfgDifficulties in the main game config)

class Params //Values are Mission Defaults

{

aiGroupSizeAI = 12;

aiGroupSizePlayer = 30;

etc, I have looked and researched a bunch, I guess its just a matter of getting the code right! I'll keep practicing until I figure it out.

Oh btw, I CANT WAIT FOR BE WARFARE 2.074 IT SOUNDS EPIC!!

I'm having a ton of fun playing online, I just wish there weren't so many hackers they are really killing the two servers I play on. Nothing funner than a good Warfare game though, Its so dang epic.

Take Care Benny!

Klutch

No ,the deployed one,i fixed it .. i was just confused between buildingdamaged and handlebuildingdamage :D

Any specific server config param to change to get faster defense building ? i remember on a lot of MP servers not getting this issue unless server FPS is very low ! but now it's happening on server fps around 45.

You can move the defense creation to client side (check the coin_interface.sqf), it need a few adaptation thought (Replace PVF by the defense creation function (& make the function common)).

You can move the defense creation to client side (check the coin_interface.sqf), it need a few adaptation thought (Replace PVF by the defense creation function (& make the function common)).

Sweet :D,not easy though ...

Thanks a lot ! is it safe against exploits ?

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Hey Benny,

Is there a way to disable Aircraft from activating the towns?

I have been having lots of problems with the AI squads flying over many towns and activating them bringing the server down.

I really do not want to turn off AI aircraft because it brings that feeling of a large battle and I like when the AI bomb a enemy tank that is coming right at you.

Hey Benny,

I have been having lots of problems with the AI squads flying over many towns and activating them bringing the server down.

I really do not want to turn off AI aircraft because it brings that feeling of a large battle and I like when the AI bomb a enemy tank that is coming right at you.

There is a script on 073 for this ,try to adapt it for 071 ...

check server_townai.fsm ... on 073 ... or maybe just limit the altitude of activation to 50 m or so !

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Sweet :D,not easy though ...

Thanks a lot ! is it safe against exploits ?

If the server is configured to log stuff, then yes :)

Hey Benny,

As qazdar said, you can tweak server_town_ai.fsm so that air vehicle never trigger the AI (check the "Kind of Contact" square).

If the server is configured to log stuff, then yes :)

I finished by stealing some network tweaks from 073 and include them in 071 :D,sendtoserver and sendtoclient scripts :D

Edited by On_Sabbatical

After looking through the server_town_ai fsm I checked the activation methods, would changing WFBE_C_TOWNS_DETECTION_RANGE_AIR in common constants down to 5 or 10 fix the problem?

I am using 0.73

After looking through the server_town_ai fsm I checked the activation methods, would changing WFBE_C_TOWNS_DETECTION_RANGE_AIR in common constants down to 5 or 10 fix the problem?

I am using 0.73

This will make towns inactive until something get inside the town range and underneath 5 or 10 meters.

@Benny.

Concerning onstruction menu tweaks,i moved contruction folder to client side ,moved requestdefense(structure) to common as functions and added them to init common and added them to client PVs, also modded coin_interface (srvfncrequeststructure(defense)) to cltfncrequeststruture(defense) ...

But when i deploy hq for example,i lose supplies but nothing happens ,no structure is created ... any idea why this is not working ?

Is there a way to keep the current setting but just to improve network transfer ?

FOB was planned, i'll add it to Field commanders, you will be able to purchase infantry/lvf at upgrade 0 if the FOB itself get upgraded (for money/supply?). Those range restrictions will be added.

Just like base buildings, a limitation will be added (max # of FOB).

Reward system will be reworked once more. I'll check bout the low/high gear.

I'll add some repair kits, it can be frustrating to blow a tire :)

IRS is already in 073, Respawn button may be in 074.

Linking gameplay elements to towns may be interesting (i.e radar/reinforcement).

About the town you mean some kind of strike back? (i.e all towns are res, west take pavlovo, res send tanks from zeleno & mechanized infantry from kamenka).

Yes please do the low/high gear for armor. I was tempted to take that script out of the .ru version and place it into vanilla BE. It's such a nice feature, not over powered, but useful.

*What I meant about the towns is that, you can rush off to any given town without fear of resistance along the way. Until mid/late game (usually) you don't have to worry about this. Then PvP comes in effect. At any rate, linked towns should generate at least a small patrol between the two. By linked I mean, if any given side owns 2 neighboring towns = linked. The patrol(s) could be of random types and sizes. You'd want to keep the patrol small for performance, but it would at least add another element to the game. Instead of jumping in a vehicle and sprinting off to a town with no regard for safety, you'd have to be paying attention atleast.

Edited by Iceman77