Unfortunately deleted that RPT but I'll send you one when it will occur again.

About the Artillery, I'm wondering if I'm just misunderstanding things or if it could be that Arty parameter actually are inverted.

_maxRange = round(((missionNamespace getVariable Format ["WFBE_%1_ARTILLERY_RANGES_MAX",_side]) select _index) * (missionNamespace getVariable "WFBE_C_ARTILLERY"));

class WFBE_C_ARTILLERY {
	title = "$STR_WF_PARAMETER_Arty";
	values[] = {0,1,2,3};
	texts[] = {"$STR_WF_Disabled","$STR_WF_PARAMETER_Long","$STR_WF_PARAMETER_Medium","$STR_WF_PARAMETER_Short"};
	default = 3;
};

So STR_WF_PARAMETER_Short would make(*) base Arty range multiplied by 3?

Unfortunately deleted that RPT but I'll send you one when it will occur again.

About the Artillery, I'm wondering if I'm just misunderstanding things or if it could be that Arty parameter actually are inverted.

_maxRange = round(((missionNamespace getVariable Format ["WFBE_%1_ARTILLERY_RANGES_MAX",_side]) select _index) * (missionNamespace getVariable "WFBE_C_ARTILLERY"));

class WFBE_C_ARTILLERY {
	title = "$STR_WF_PARAMETER_Arty";
	values[] = {0,1,2,3};
	texts[] = {"$STR_WF_Disabled","$STR_WF_PARAMETER_Long","$STR_WF_PARAMETER_Medium","$STR_WF_PARAMETER_Short"};
	default = 3;
};

So STR_WF_PARAMETER_Short would make(*) base Arty range multiplied by 3?

It should be a /, i think that i've updated the mission package a while ago and that it has the fix.

Hi Benny, here is the RPT file. The freezes happened 3 to 4 times, towards the end of the file.

Skydrive link.

http://sdrv.ms/SN1089

Thank you.

Thanks!

I have to say that I'm confused. I don't see the relationship with linux. pausing the game, or saving its state. Sorry.

Rawly with a clipboard handler you can save the game state in a DB and load it when needed (saving positions, side id, resources...).

This is what i've been doing for the stats before the callExtension. I just don't know if copyTo/From/Clipboard on linux works :p

It should be a /, i think that i've updated the mission package a while ago and that it has the fix.

What I posted above is from rev. 2.073b Benny.

Is units balancing working in 073? None of the vehicles defined in Common_Balanceinit.sqf have the balanced units. For example: M6 linebacker has Stingers instead of Sidewinders, KA52 has Vikihr instead of Ataka. In parameters WFBE_C_UNITS_BALANCING is set to 1.

as most servers not working properly at 4km vd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYcAg9-QYyc) I suggest do default VD 2 or 3km maximum.Same server lagging really much and no admin or anyone who can change default settings.

There is also very be good to have light resistance occupation as default and may be other settings which help people to buy vehicles and go fighting against each other instead of unlimited spawning with mhq.

As AA launchers not working properly https://dev-heaven.net/issues/53753 there is also default missile limitation should be 1km-2km maximum.High populated admin servers and coders can set it accordnings their needs.That also remove tunguska/m6 exploit and air vehicles needed to come closer to destroy targets..

@ Kotov

Serverside Lag is never related to VD but solely to remote A.I. count. You can play with 5.000m VD without problems as long as remote A.I. number is below 200 units. The server itself does not use VD at all that's purely client side and A.I. won't react beyond 2000m anyway.

may be - but I wasn't sure about it.ok,What is the point set 4km when even ai not react ?I'm not understand why we set big distances if game not working properly?

I didn't see you anywhere playing on servers.Are you playing mp warfare at all ?

Edited by kotov12345

may be - but I wasn't sure about it.ok,What is the point set 4km when even ai not react ?I'm not understand why we set big distances if game not working properly?

I didn't see you anywhere playing on servers.Are you playing mp warfare at all ?

I dotn use the same name Kotov...online I use a plethora of names like Ulanthorn, Nrohtnalu, Ich, Macbeth...etc. if you use just one nick for too long they always vote you commander that's why I change my nick in every match.

I do not use "Beagle" anymore because there's a "Beagle" with ArmA II YouTube Channels I don't want to be confused with.

Btw. 4000m VD is exactly the VD you need to set to have a 2000m ground units draw distance. VD does not equal actual draw distance in ArmA II. Only terrain, aircraft and landmarks like castles and radio towers etc. are rendered at actual VD. That's why 4000m is so popular, units won't pop up outside of their own active engagement range.

Edited by Beagle

would be nice to had Warfare mission that able to auto-detect town's/cities/villages, place captureable objectives and side-missions in them[near them].

dunno how it would work. detected specified density of desired objecttypes[id's of specified ranges for islands that use only built-in/standalone buildings/homes/structures]?

about forced cleaning - even periodic forced texture flush thru mission script[also used Shift++Flush hotkeys]can help a bit client-side.

on server-side dunno what could b[should use profiler/debugger to find out, which is against EULA, sadly;[

Edited by BasileyOne

I really doubt to be honest server have same performance with vd 2,3,4 km.Why we are not playing warfare with 6km or 10 ?

Problem number 2 is I have 20 fps on chernarus with vd 4km and 60 with VD 2km,I haven't got weak computer (i7 930, 12gb etc),last days I'm noticing massive decreasing amount of players who play this map online and it could be reason.The problem is VD connected with tab to lock distance and if you not set up maximum vd(as server) ,you are not able to tab targets,which is problem in game on it own.So basically people only use VD 4KM to exploit with tab to lock targets,as you will not see actual targets and ai would not react.

There is also AA not working properly on such distance.

There is too many settings in game.I'd only keep 2, auto setting and manual.Auto included 4 mode ,easy,normal,hard,extreme ,which already preselected to settings.Let say,auto,normal.that it.

What I posted above is from rev. 2.073b Benny.

I'll fix it asap.

Is units balancing working in 073? None of the vehicles defined in Common_Balanceinit.sqf have the balanced units. For example: M6 linebacker has Stingers instead of Sidewinders, KA52 has Vikihr instead of Ataka. In parameters WFBE_C_UNITS_BALANCING is set to 1.

According to client_buildunit.sqf & server_buyunit.sqf it should work >>

//--- Units Balancing.
if ((missionNamespace getVariable "WFBE_C_UNITS_BALANCING") > 0) then {(_vehicle) Spawn BalanceInit};

as most servers not working properly at 4km vd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYcAg9-QYyc) I suggest do default VD 2 or 3km maximum.Same server lagging really much and no admin or anyone who can change default settings.

There is also very be good to have light resistance occupation as default and may be other settings which help people to buy vehicles and go fighting against each other instead of unlimited spawning with mhq.

As AA launchers not working properly https://dev-heaven.net/issues/53753 there is also default missile limitation should be 1km-2km maximum.High populated admin servers and coders can set it accordnings their needs.That also remove tunguska/m6 exploit and air vehicles needed to come closer to destroy targets..

Radar scanning is barely affected by VD afaik. Server/Client VD is set to 1000 meters by default, only the client VD changes afterward. AI AA manpods barely work even on 10km VD, they need to "know" the target before really engaging them.

would be nice to had Warfare mission that able to auto-detect town's/cities/villages, place captureable objectives and side-missions in them[near them].

dunno how it would work. detected specified density of desired objecttypes[id's of specified ranges for islands that use only built-in/standalone buildings/homes/structures]?

about forced cleaning - even periodic forced texture flush thru mission script[also used Shift++Flush hotkeys]can help a bit client-side.

on server-side dunno what could b[should use profiler/debugger to find out, which is against EULA, sadly;[

Location specific part is doable, you can detect village / town / cities.

Flushing shall remain done by the client ihmo.

Rawly with a clipboard handler you can save the game state in a DB and load it when needed (saving positions, side id, resources...).

This is what i've been doing for the stats before the callExtension. I just don't know if copyTo/From/Clipboard on linux works :p

Interesting, thanks for the explanation. So, if I understand correctly, it would be possible to save/load the game? And how would that work?

Benny you should add a "respawn" button to the respawn dialog box. Instead of being forced to respawn in x amount of seconds, players could choose to wait. Some admins set the parameters to shorten the respawn timer(10sec). If you have several bases and spawn points available on the map, it can be frustrating to have to scramble to select the most strategic one at any given moment.

I edited the mission 071 and added castle walls (like those in devils castle) to the construction menu in fortifications ,but when i try to sell them using action 17 they don't disappear ,any idea why ?

Benny, I'm sure you'll do it eventually but is there any reason for one working on custom variants not to upgrade UPSMON to 5.1.0 right now?

Interesting, thanks for the explanation. So, if I understand correctly, it would be possible to save/load the game? And how would that work?

Using C# it's doable (linux >> mono) or another language.

For C# You can get some samples from:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.clipboard.aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/2207/Clipboard-handling-with-NET

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mahesh/WorkingwithSystemClipboard12032005043903AM/WorkingwithSystemClipboard.aspx

Rawly you get the copyToClipboard triggering the C# event, so you can do something like

copyToClipboard Format["CLIPBOARD_Handling_WestHQ_Status:: $%1$%2$%3", getPos WestHQ, alive WestHQ, getDammage WestHQ]

Which is then copied in the DB via the clipboard handler...

And loaded from the DB after an update trigger from the mission (on start)

copyToClipboard "CLIPBOARD_Handling_RequestLastReload"

Which then copy (one by one (be aware that it's tricky to load alot of stuff from copyFromClipboard since you don't really get a return unlike callExtension)) the needed data.

copyToClipboard "CLIPBOARD_Handling_Request_WestHQ_Status";
sleep 0.2;
_return = copyFromClipboard;

It's pretty much basic and keep in mind that callExtension will always be superior (on windows at least for now :p).

Benny you should add a "respawn" button to the respawn dialog box. Instead of being forced to respawn in x amount of seconds, players could choose to wait. Some admins set the parameters to shorten the respawn timer(10sec). If you have several bases and spawn points available on the map, it can be frustrating to have to scramble to select the most strategic one at any given moment.

Hmm, this is quite tricky as you could choose to spawn at a camp or another mobile point after literally forever. Maybe if timer > respawn param time then availableSpawns = base only (no camps/mobiles).

I edited the mission 071 and added castle walls (like those in devils castle) to the construction menu in fortifications ,but when i try to sell them using action 17 they don't disappear ,any idea why ?

It shall work unless those walls cannot be grabbed via coin_interface.sqf@229.

They're well defined in Structures_xxx.sqf ? >>

_n = _n		+ ["RUBasicWeaponsBox"];
_n = _n		+ ["RULaunchersBox"];
_n = _n		+ ["RUSpecialWeaponsBox"];
_n = _n		+ ["uberwalls"];

Benny, I'm sure you'll do it eventually but is there any reason for one working on custom variants not to upgrade UPSMON to 5.1.0 right now?

Hmm, is "I didn't knew that there was a new version" a valid answer? :p

@Benny

I want to alterate coin_interface to change the flatdetection params to make it possible to build inside forests ,but i am a bit clueless on this matter,i don't want to have everything green either by removing the flat detection part :D

Also,where can i change factories health points ?

Thanks,

Hmm, this is quite tricky as you could choose to spawn at a camp or another mobile point after literally forever. Maybe if timer > respawn param time then availableSpawns = base only (no camps/mobiles).

That's a good approach. Though, What would be wrong with spawning at an MHQ after waiting "forever"? Here's the thing; At present ,let say I want to spawn at an MHQ after it's moved. Currently, I'll suicide to do that anyhow, if that's the area that I need to go.

Also, how about all JIP players get the respawn dialog initially, so they can choose the MHQ/Base structures where to initially spawn. Usually when a player jips, he suicides because he's already several km away from the action.

I mean, the suiciding is fairly trivial, but if you're looking to iron out the flaws with the game mode and make it polished as possible, then a respawn button would just be yet another handy feature =)

Edited by Iceman77

@Benny

I want to alterate coin_interface to change the flatdetection params to make it possible to build inside forests ,but i am a bit clueless on this matter,i don't want to have everything green either by removing the flat detection part :D

Also,where can i change factories health points ?

Thanks,

Check 073 Coin script, it has a part where the type of check is defined.

073 Coin:

if (
				([position _preview,_startPos] call BIS_fnc_distance2D) > _limitH
			) then {
				_color = _colorGray
			} else {
				//--- No money
				_funds = 0;
				call compile format ["_funds = %1;",_itemFunds];
				_fundsRemaining = _funds - _itemcost;
				if (_fundsRemaining < 0) then {_color = _colorRed};

_color = [_itemcategory, _preview, _color] Call (missionNamespace getVariable "WFBE_C_STRUCTURES_PLACEMENT_METHOD");
			};

073 Placement Method (free, init_client.sqf):

missionNamespace setVariable ["WFBE_C_STRUCTURES_PLACEMENT_METHOD",{
		Private ["_color","_itemcategory","_preview"];
		_itemcategory = _this select 0;
		_preview = _this select 1;
		_color = _this select 2;

if (surfaceIsWater(position _preview)) then {
			_color = _colorRed;
		} else {
			if (_color != _colorRed) then {
				if (_itemcategory == 0) then { //--- Structures.
					if (count(((position _preview) nearObjects ["Building", 10]) - [_preview]) > 0) then {_color = _colorRed};
				} else { //--- Rest.
					if (count((position _preview) nearEntities [['Man','Car','Motorcycle','Tank','Air','Ship'], 10]) > 0) then {_color = _colorRed};
				};
			};
		};

_color
	}];

Should be easy with no drawbacks :)

That's a good approach. Though, What would be wrong with spawning at an MHQ after waiting "forever"? Here's the thing; At present ,let say I want to spawn at an MHQ after it's moved. Currently, I'll suicide to do that anyhow, if that's the area that I need to go.

Also, how about all JIP players get the respawn dialog initially, so they can choose the MHQ/Base structures where to initially spawn. Usually when a player jips, he suicides because he's already several km away from the action.

I mean, the suiciding is fairly trivial, but if you're looking to iron out the flaws with the game mode and make it polished as possible, then a respawn button would just be yet another handy feature =)

I'll try to work it out, shouldn't be too hard with the new menu.

for you :)

Meant it in a way that it's not overcomplicated :D

On a sidenote, i need Chain of Commands ideas like:

* Commander
|__Field Commander 1
|       |___ Team leaders 1
|       |___ Team leaders 2
|       |___ Team leaders x
|__Field Commander 2
       |___ Team leaders 3
       |___ Team leaders 4
       |___ Team leaders x

The big idea would be to pimp the game CoC & give the commander the ability to freely create his own CoC.

The commander could "elect" field commanders and assign pools of team leaders to them, the field commander could then assign orders to his own managed pool.

I'm currently working on some kind of macro/micro high command especially designed for this, an order given by the top commander will automatically be received by the FC & TL.

Any inputs are welcome on this subject :)

Oh nice....

The commander could "elect" field commanders and assign pools of team leaders to them, the field commander could then assign orders to his own managed pool.

-The field commanders choose between Inf,Support,Mech,Armor,AIr or mixed for his managed pool (already good pools inside your Warfare) Support & AIR is Limited

-more field commanders = more towns attackable: ( adjustable .......count on available playable slots)

2 field commanders = only 2-3 towns attackable ...... 3 field commanders= 3-4 towns 4 field commanders = 5 towns

-specialabilities like minefield & arty for Support ...... Radar for Anti Air Platoon etc ......Inf /Mech/Armor can build little outpost for rearm/heal/repair

Edited by TeilX

I would love to be able to create a new group with AI I do have under my command and be able to command them through the HC module.

Thought it was already possible but I either dreamed it or completely overlooked the way to do it.

Other than that, I think it would be great to have a Command & Support Group caring about logistic and support (FO, Sniper, Aerial Recon, Medevac, baby wipes and so forth), and several "Battle group" about platoon sized with 1 Command team (1CO, 1 Radio, 1 Medic), 2 Rifle squad and 1 support squad (MG/Missiles/Drinks).

C&S Group would send tasks to Battle groups and up to them to execute it their way.

Each function would have their own set of allowed weapons and liaison would require a radio item.

All that would be an option one could activate or not.

Edited by Kawa