i have another question, this time regarding resistance & enemy sides. if i'm playing solo in a LAN match, will i only be fighting the resistance? my initial assumption using the default parameters was that the resistance would be holding the towns, while my side & and enemy AI side would spawn and slowly take them over until we eventually run into eachother. however, i've noticed after playing for a couple of hours that no towns ever seem to be changing to red -- only green (for towns i take over/control) or blue for resistance-held towns that i've not yet captured. going by that information, it seems evident that no (non-resistance) AI army is spawning/taking over resistance-held towns but i can't imagine why that would be. any insight?

I still not understand why we play with 4km if game not working properly with even with 2km.Vehicle,infantry sliding and teleporting ,aa launchers failed for more than 2km and object drawing distance 2km as well.

I think you need set playable default setting with your next releases as 2km view distance and other setting which effect performance.I have 20 fps with my i7 930 with 4km on chernorus and >60 fps with 2km.

Also can anyone set 3d enabled with driver position on xr server please ?thanks in advance

4km is fine for takistan/chernarus here (even on my old config). I still have to make parameters profile for each islands.

i have another question, this time regarding resistance & enemy sides. if i'm playing solo in a LAN match, will i only be fighting the resistance? my initial assumption using the default parameters was that the resistance would be holding the towns, while my side & and enemy AI side would spawn and slowly take them over until we eventually run into eachother. however, i've noticed after playing for a couple of hours that no towns ever seem to be changing to red -- only green (for towns i take over/control) or blue for resistance-held towns that i've not yet captured. going by that information, it seems evident that no (non-resistance) AI army is spawning/taking over resistance-held towns but i can't imagine why that would be. any insight?

LAN Shall behave nearly the same as Dedicated, you will fight bother Resistance & Enemy.

Note that map markers only get updated if:

- Your team seize one town.

- Your team loose a town.

You can't see enemy town capture unless the town was yours.

I'm currently testing a way to save games on a dedicated server by using an SQL server link.

I would be VERY interested in this if you can get this to work. I would certainly be willing to test. That would be awesome!

2 side playable: West vs East, West vs Res, East vs Res may be used, WFBE_DEFENDER hold the towns.

Is it possible to do a West vs Resistance now? Only with West as playable and Resistance as Defender only (with patrols between towns). This worked very well on LAN play even Save / Load in 071. Do you just remove the East units from the editor to make this happen?

Is it possible to do a West vs Resistance now? Only with West as playable and Resistance as Defender only (with patrols between towns). This worked very well on LAN play even Save / Load in 071. Do you just remove the East units from the editor to make this happen?

can you elaborate on how you did that? that is basically how i'd like to play, i think. did you achieve that via the editor or just the parameters?

I would be VERY interested in this if you can get this to work. I would certainly be willing to test. That would be awesome!

I have had a database backup system written for a month or two, right now it only saves towns but here is the link

Warfare_db_backup

It uses the new 0.73 code.

It requires a windows dedicated server (because of callExtension not available on linux, and with the disabling of the copytoclipboard functions, there might not be a way for linux), mySQL server, ArmA2NET with mySQL plugin(included in the download) and CBA (for the UI functions)

As of right now the system is manually activated by a option on the menu that shows when the left windows key is pushed, and a parameter in the parameters section to allow loading of the data of the towns that are saved

I actually gave this to DJ_Barney about a week ago and hopefully there could be a way to make it work on a linux dedicated server

I will help with any ways to make this work on linux and have support for more features like squad saving and loadout saving

can you elaborate on how you did that? that is basically how i'd like to play, i think. did you achieve that via the editor or just the parameters?

Remember that it's not fully tested but in Init_Common.sqf, you can edit WFBE_DEFENDER and change it to east / west, this will change how hold the town.

In order to have Resistance vs West you have to:

- Remove East from the Editor (along with the logic), Add Resistance in the editor (along with the logic).

- Set WFBE_DEFENDER = east.

This should work yet it's untested (some params like town modes won't be updated properly, stock will work).

I have had a database backup system written for a month or two, right now it only saves towns but here is the link

Warfare_db_backup

It uses the new 0.73 code.

It requires a windows dedicated server (because of callExtension not available on linux, and with the disabling of the copytoclipboard functions, there might not be a way for linux), mySQL server, ArmA2NET with mySQL plugin(included in the download) and CBA (for the UI functions)

As of right now the system is manually activated by a option on the menu that shows when the left windows key is pushed, and a parameter in the parameters section to allow loading of the data of the towns that are saved

I actually gave this to DJ_Barney about a week ago and hopefully there could be a way to make it work on a linux dedicated server

I will help with any ways to make this work on linux and have support for more features like squad saving and loadout saving

Nice job :)

Is it possible to add a option, where you can adjust how many towns can be activated on the same time for the factions?^^....good way for server admins to avoid server overload

Remember that it's not fully tested but in Init_Common.sqf, you can edit WFBE_DEFENDER and change it to east / west, this will change how hold the town.

In order to have Resistance vs West you have to:

- Remove East from the Editor (along with the logic), Add Resistance in the editor (along with the logic).

- Set WFBE_DEFENDER = east.

i only see one "WF logic" in the editor, and a ctrl+F search doesn't find any traces of "WFBE_DEFENDER" in my init_common.sqf file. also, is it necessary to add the resistance to the editor if i don't want them as an actual enemy army, but just defending the towns (with a few assault squads moving around the map as jt445 said)? this is in 071, if that matters.

Edited by HFTB

Is it possible to add a option, where you can adjust how many towns can be activated on the same time for the factions?^^....good way for server admins to avoid server overload

It's possible, just remember that it can be exploited by then.

i only see one "WF logic" in the editor, and a ctrl+F search doesn't find any traces of "WFBE_DEFENDER" in my init_common.sqf file. also, is it necessary to add the resistance to the editor if i don't want them as an actual enemy army, but just defending the towns (with a few assault squads moving around the map as jt445 said)? this is in 071, if that matters.

It'll only work for 073.

Yeah... good point,(selfdestruction hehe) but it is hard to see airunits & AI/Players activate many towns and nobody can do anything against the FPS drain.^^

It is a normal BIS Warfare prob that no server can realy handle the amount of AI with alot of towns activated(maybe another point why they canceled for Arma 3). I think the right way for a stable Warfare are some restrictions in that way . ^^

Edited by TeilX

With 071 both, with 073 just parameters. With 073 I guess you only need to disable the slots from the multiplayer setup menu.

I play with a friend against the AI resistance only. I have AI commander and AI teams turned off in parameters (AI teams don't work on LAN Save / Load at all). With 071 I went into the editor and removed all of the East teammembers except one and all of the West team members except two (engineers in our case). Then go into the initJIPCompatible.sqf and remove the same units there.

You can stop there if you don't want to modify units to make it tougher. What I do is modify Warfare BE to make the resistance side tougher. I swap out all of the Guerrilla units for CDF-Resistance troops (modified so they are using better weapons, combination of Western weapons like G36 rifles and Russian weapons like Metis) and I have RACS tanks and armored vehicles replacing the junk guerrilla tanks. The Leopard 2A4 is a tough opponent even for the M1A2. Then, I increase the number of tanks and other vehicles used with the defenders. Finally, I apply all of the above to the Patrols (increasing Patrols to 11 in parameters) to give some randomness to the combat. The patrols can be tough - you can fight a big town with 20 or so tanks and another 15 or so patrol tanks at once. Need a powerful CPU for this.

PM me if you need more specifics. I am getting lots of crashes with 073 not sure this is Warfare BE or the Arma2 engine. I am going to fall back to 071 for now to see if the crashes go away.

One bug that we noticed is that only the LAN server player can build from Commander menu or repair trucks when game is re-loaded. This issue is still present in 073.

could someone advise as to how exactly the reinforcements parameter works in 071?

Yeah... good point,(selfdestruction hehe) but it is hard to see airunits & AI/Players activate many towns and nobody can do anything against the FPS drain.^^

It is a normal BIS Warfare prob that no server can realy handle the amount of AI with alot of towns activated(maybe another point why they canceled for Arma 3). I think the right way for a stable Warfare are some restrictions in that way . ^^

I would like to see this also. Too many towns get activated and FPS drops to nothing, is no longer playable. Perhaps make it in combination with the territorial towns mode?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Benny 2 more questions about 073. :)

1) What file do you define the town activation range in meters? It seems to be 550m by default in 073, want to change that to 700m.

2) So far I have not been able to get Heavy Patrols to spawn. I have patrols set to 11, which is how many was needed to spawn heavy patrols in 071. How are patrols handled in 073 and how do I get the heavy patrols to spawn?

I would like to see this also. Too many towns get activated and FPS drops to nothing, is no longer playable. Perhaps make it in combination with the territorial towns mode?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Benny 2 more questions about 073. :)

1) What file do you define the town activation range in meters? It seems to be 550m by default in 073, want to change that to 700m.

2) So far I have not been able to get Heavy Patrols to spawn. I have patrols set to 11, which is how many was needed to spawn heavy patrols in 071. How are patrols handled in 073 and how do I get the heavy patrols to spawn?

1) You have 2 coefficient variables in init_commonconstants.sqf

missionNamespace setVariable ["WFBE_C_TOWNS_DETECTION_RANGE_ACTIVE_COEF", 1]; //--- Town activation range once active (town range * coef)
missionNamespace setVariable ["WFBE_C_TOWNS_DETECTION_RANGE_COEF", 1]; //--- Town activation range while idling (town range * coef)

A town "fixed" range can be override in editor:

nullReturn = [this,"Zargabad","+",30,120,1000] execVM "Common\Init\Init_Town.sqf"; //--- Fixed range is 550 by default.
nullReturn = [this,"Zargabad","+",30,120,1000,600] execVM "Common\Init\Init_Town.sqf"; //--- Fixed range is now 600

Activation range is: current coefficient * fixed range

2) Patrols are defined in Core_Root files for each sides.

//--- Patrols.
missionNamespace setVariable [Format["WFBE_%1_PATROL_LIGHT", _side], [
	['US_Soldier_TL_EP1','US_Soldier_MG_EP1','US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1','US_Soldier_Medic_EP1'], 
	['US_Soldier_TL_EP1','US_Soldier_AR_EP1','US_Soldier_GL_EP1','US_Soldier_AT_EP1','US_Soldier_EP1'],
	['HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1','HMMWV_MK19_DES_EP1']
]];

missionNamespace setVariable [Format["WFBE_%1_PATROL_MEDIUM", _side], [
	['M1126_ICV_M2_EP1','M1135_ATGMV_EP1'], 
	['MTVR_DES_EP1','US_Soldier_TL_EP1','US_Soldier_AT_EP1','US_Soldier_MG_EP1','US_Soldier_AT_EP1'],
	['M2A3_EP1','US_Soldier_AA_EP1','US_Soldier_AA_EP1','US_Soldier_Medic_EP1']
]];

missionNamespace setVariable [Format["WFBE_%1_PATROL_HEAVY", _side], [
	['M2A3_EP1','M2A3_EP1'], 
	['M1A1_US_DES_EP1','M1A1_US_DES_EP1'],
	['M2A3_EP1','M2A3_EP1','US_Soldier_TL_EP1','US_Soldier_MG_EP1','US_Soldier_Marksman_EP1','US_Soldier_Medic_EP1','US_Soldier_HAT_EP1','US_Soldier_AHAT_EP1','US_Soldier_EP1'],
	['M1126_ICV_M2_EP1','US_Soldier_TL_EP1','US_Soldier_Medic_EP1','US_Soldier_GL_EP1','US_Soldier_EP1','US_Soldier_AR_EP1']
]];

Hello all. When I am playing LAN game solo, and choose in parameters my side (for example Takistani), AI purchasing wrong side units (Russians, not Takistani) and in purchasing menu I can buy insurgents, russian and other units (I think it should be only takistani units). How I can correct this? Please help. Version 2.071, map Zargabad.

1) You have 2 coefficient variables in init_commonconstants.sqf

missionNamespace setVariable ["WFBE_C_TOWNS_DETECTION_RANGE_ACTIVE_COEF", 1]; //--- Town activation range once active (town range * coef)
missionNamespace setVariable ["WFBE_C_TOWNS_DETECTION_RANGE_COEF", 1]; //--- Town activation range while idling (town range * coef)

A town "fixed" range can be override in editor:

nullReturn = [this,"Zargabad","+",30,120,1000] execVM "Common\Init\Init_Town.sqf"; //--- Fixed range is 550 by default.
nullReturn = [this,"Zargabad","+",30,120,1000,600] execVM "Common\Init\Init_Town.sqf"; //--- Fixed range is now 600

Activation range is: current coefficient * fixed range

Great, can be done by town also. Thanks. :)

Patrols are defined in Core_Root files for each sides.

Right I have these defined but nothing in WFBE_%1_PATROL_HEAVY spawns (resistance). Is there a requirement to get these to spawn? Is there a certain # of patrols needed in parameters? With 071 this was 11.

(I think it should be only takistani units)

Combined Operation mission version-> combined units.

Edit:

About the "too many town spawns if many AI pilots" - how about a larger extra radius around the town? If a unit wants to trigger AI in that town (and enable capture mode), it needs to be in that large radius for a certain amount of time. Only then it will trigger town units (if the attacker is in normal town spawn range as well). This will prevent townspawn if someone just boosts above a town with jet/heli.

Edited by Fennek

Air units should not trigger at all, its a cheap way to fly apache to town and do the grinding. There should be ground forces involved when you try to capture a town.

Air units should not trigger at all, its a cheap way to fly apache to town and do the grinding. There should be ground forces involved when you try to capture a town.

Already fixed in 072 and 073 !

I already suggested remove spawn of resistance ai at all or spawn small amount.

You come to flag stay here 10 seconds and flag taken.AFTER resistance spawn in different direction near town eg in forest come and retake flag and camps.This automatically avoid air units trigger.

But they already have time to modified it , and i dont think most of the people like mando , i do like it , but the mayority dont .

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

I didnt know that , why ?

most anoying bug[still unfixed in 73, yet]is respawn bug.

you're[and you/others side bots]respawn/stuck on island or within house's and etc.

Combined Operation mission version-> combined units.

Ok, where I can remove the units that do not want to see in the mission? May be here Common\Config\Core_Units\CombinedOps or something else?

Great, can be done by town also. Thanks. :)

Right I have these defined but nothing in WFBE_%1_PATROL_HEAVY spawns (resistance). Is there a requirement to get these to spawn? Is there a certain # of patrols needed in parameters? With 071 this was 11.

Spawn kind is based on SV.

Ok, where I can remove the units that do not want to see in the mission? May be here Common\Config\Core_Units\CombinedOps or something else?

This should do the job.

can someone advise as to how exactly the town patrols parameter works? does it set the max number of patrols on the map, or just between any two connected towns?