We are playing 0.73 coops since first the release but unfortunately we also have to confirm that some of the annoying things have not been fixed and some even became worse.

A coop game (!) with 0.73 is still rather pointless as....

1) AI Commander still suddenly stops developing even though lots of money and supply is available

2) AI Commander still does not change unit templates (unit presets in the command center) according to the actual level of development or available money

3) AI Teams still freeze out of the sudden in the field. You have to push them by hand in order to wake them up again

4) FPS are still like a ride on a rollercoaster and dither between 12 and 50 by obscure reason. Even on a vanilla i7 2600 server with 16GB RAM

No need to say that all these are real coop showstoppers/killers. And this is so much more sad as there seems to be "direct coherence". Let me explain that...

1) As the AI Commander does not develop correctly you have to disable the upgrade and allocate lots of supply and money to the AI in order to have some fun.

2) As a matter if fact the AI Commander immediately builds lots of Jets and Helicopers flying around the map and wake up every single town/unit.

3) In consequence the server and clients suffer huge frame drops due to the tremendous amount of active units.

4) Once the Jet or Helicopter AI units are out of money the AI commander does not change the template/preset of that units according to the available money.

5) In result these pilots fight as "single" units w/o team anywhere on the map.

6) ...server and client FPS rise again but the enemy is weak.

We really appreciate all the new features and have great respect for all the efforts and work, but if there is still an intention for coop play please fix this in 0.74. The all performance and stability will increase a lot.

Thank you !!!

We are playing 0.73 coops since first the release but unfortunately we also have to confirm that some of the annoying things have not been fixed and some even became worse.

1) AI Commander still suddenly stops developing even though lots of money and supply is available

2) AI Commander still does not change unit templates (unit presets in the command center) according to the actual level of development or available money

3) AI Teams still freeze out of the sudden in the field. You have to push them by hand in order to wake them up again

4) FPS are still like a ride on a rollercoaster and dither between 12 and 50 by obscure reason. Even on a vanilla i7 2600 server with 16GB RAM

No need to say that all these are real coop showstoppers/killers. And this is so much more sad as there seems to be "direct coherence". Let me explain that...

1) As the AI Commander does not develop correctly you have to disable the upgrade and allocate lots of supply and money to the AI in order to have some fun.

2) As a matter if fact the AI Commander immediately builds lots of Jets and Helicopers flying around the map and wake up every single town/unit.

3) In consequence the server and clients suffer huge frame drops due to the tremendous amount of active units.

4) Once the Jet or Helicopter AI units are out of money the AI commander does not change the template/preset of that units according to the available money.

We really appreciate all the new features and have great respect for all the efforts and work, but if there is still an intention for coop play please fix this in 0.74. The all performance and stability will increase a lot.

Thank you !!!

I like to play coop too but most of people online plays it pvp , on wasp, xr.... These are only bugs for ai commander. Why these servers (which doesnt play coop) dont use 0.73 ? Are there any more bugs around that makes 0.73 unplayable ? Benny should be informed about this !

I like to play coop too but most of people online plays it pvp , on wasp, xr.... These are only bugs for ai commander. Why these servers (which doesnt play coop) dont use 0.73 ? Are there any more bugs around that makes 0.73 unplayable ? Benny should be informed about this !

A part from AI old bugs,there are still unstabilities and very "disappointing" town occupation spawn (Zu trucks everywhere).

Also,something is wrong with AI delegation:

- Sometimes games become really smooth,but suddenly you go back to 12 fps.

- AI are spawning for some players and disappear for some while they're still in the same town.

- Vechile's lock,getting driver,gunner ,back actions take sometimes a long time to appear.

- HQ wreck disappears sometimes,it happened to me on the latest version from benny.

And a lot of random stuff happening during the game !

A part from AI old bugs,there are still unstabilities and very "disappointing" town occupation spawn (Zu trucks everywhere).

- AI are spawning for some players and disappear for some while they're still in the same town.

- Vechile's lock,getting driver,gunner ,back actions take sometimes a long time to appear.

- HQ wreck disappears sometimes,it happened to me on the latest version from benny.

Ouch.....bad news .

Benny we need you , so we can leave 0.71 behind !!!!

Guys, this really does sound like whining. Yes, we know you want things corrected, but remember Benny is working on 0.74 which is a rewrite of a lot of code. So give him time, test 0.73 but be constructive, otherwise play 0.71 and wait for 0.74.

Guys, this really does sound like whining. Yes, we know you want things corrected, but remember Benny is working on 0.74 which is a rewrite of a lot of code. So give him time, test 0.73 but be constructive, otherwise play 0.71 and wait for 0.74.

Whining? We all play Armed Assault and therefore we are used to suffer some lets say "little nasty deficiencies", but what I wrote above is general problem of this mission only. New features are nice to have, but IMHO the showstoppers are more important than every additional feature. Unfortunately I'm only able to report deficiencies but do not have the capability to make it better. Therefore I'm not in the position to whine or criticize...

Just concerns about one of the best missions ever made !

Well the wait for 0.73 was very long because we couldnt play 0.72 because it was buggy , and now we must wait for 0.74 because 0.73 its buggy too . I dont want to rush Benny or anything like that , i only want to contribute to have a new bugfree version at least before we have 0.74 with more pre unsolved bugs .

No one is whining unless being constructive for you is saying :" Great work Benny,you're the best ! keep it up!" :D

Benny is used to this :D !

Didn't see an example in the default mission, what must one do to define camp locations (City or otherwise) now if porting to another map (one that doesn't have the cities defined in the maps own config, or adding non-city depots, etc? The depot/camp/defenses themselves are obvious enough, but the marker method used previously for the location itself(v71 think was last I did, where you place marker with same name that depot uses) doesn't seem to work. mission never starts and get a constant repeating error in the rpt. Thanks for any help

rpt has this over and over

Private ["_towns"];

waitUntil {townModeSet};
_towns = [0,0,0] nearEnt>
2012/10/08,  1:05:54   Error position: <townModeSet};

_towns = [0,0,0] nearEnt>
2012/10/08,  1:05:54   Error Undefined variable in expression: townmodeset
2012/10/08,  1:05:54 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.clafghan\Common\Init\Init_Towns.sqf, line 3
2012/10/08,  1:05:54 Error in expression <ns.sqf"

The whole mission is logic-based now (easier for compatibility between CO & VA).

Markers no longer need to be placed for towns, they are automatically generated.

Can you try to add "townModeSet = false" on top of initJIPCompatible.sqf.

Thank you !!!

It all depends of your server CPU frequency and the number of slots. AI processing is quite heavy, FPS all depends on the settings.

As i've stated a few page ago, 074 will be heading toward AI/Commander reconstruction.

FPS drops most of the time when alot of statics / props are placed.

I need a video of that spawn/despawn as i couldn't reproduce it.

I didn't witness HQ dissapearance, need more details.

It all depends of your server CPU frequency and the number of slots. AI processing is quite heavy, FPS all depends on the settings.

With all respect Benny, that's too easy. We are aware that ArmA2:OA suffers the outstanding "bohemian multicore support", but the circumstances and consequences I tried to explain are just mission related and IMHO could be solved if the AI Commander will develop correctly according to the new dependencies and money/supply available. The same applies to the units respwan. The heavy FPS slow down could be avoided if we wouldn't have to disable the upgrades and allocate lots of money and supply to the AI Commander right from the beginning.

Thank you !!

P.S.: The server never exceeds an overall CPU load of 20%! You can't beat everything with CPU Power....

With all respect Benny, that's too easy. We are aware that ArmA2:OA suffers the outstanding "bohemian multicore support", but the circumstances and consequences I tried to explain are just mission related and IMHO could be solved if the AI Commander will develop correctly according to the new dependencies and money/supply available. The same applies to the units respwan. The heavy FPS slow down could be avoided if we wouldn't have to disable the upgrades and allocate lots of money and supply to the AI Commander right from the beginning.

Thank you !!

P.S.: The server never exceeds an overall CPU load of 20%! You can't beat everything with CPU Power....

Read the previous post again for the AI.

I'm talking about frequency, not cores, there is no point in having 8 core for an arma 2 server atm as it barely manage to use 2, this is where the frequency is important as a core will handle all of the AI processing. Try to reduce the playable slots if your server can't handle 32 players.

I did, but did you read this?

With all respect Benny, that's too easy. We are aware that ArmA2:OA suffers the outstanding "bohemian multicore support", but the circumstances and consequences I tried to explain are just mission related....

So obviously an I7 Sandy Bridge CPU with 3.8GHZ and 16GB RAM is not suitable to run a dedicated server with your mission even with reduced playable slots (12/12). Too bad, but it's really disapointing that you see no reason to comment our observations and conclusions with one single word. Seems that everything is fine and I better crawl back under my rock....

Again, thank you for your efforts and hard work ! :)

Edited by CHB68

"Two or three sides fight for the control of the island..."

Noob question! Does two sides mean US vs Russia only for example and no resistance in towns? If so what parameter enables this, or have I misunderstood it.

Does it mean two or three sides with resistance always in towns regardless, if so the does devided towns give a US vs Russia only mission? Trying to find the best way to set his up if possible.

Edited by Katipo66

I've never said that everything was fine nor am i denying the existence of bugs, this is why it's being optimized all the time and that it's getting improved (new coc/ai system in 074) otherwise I would have stopped at version 001 :)

The current AI System is from ArmA 2 itself, it's needless to say that alot of improvement can be done and will be done. I just can't fix everything in one day unfortunately.

Just keep in mind that the bandwidth settings need to be tweaked and that the parameters can impact the whole gameplay in term of FPS/Bandwidth.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

"Two or three sides fight for the control of the island..."

Noob question! Does two sides mean US vs Russia only for example and no resistance in towns? If so what parameter enables this, or have I misunderstood it.

Does it mean two or three sides with resistance always in towns regardless, if so the does devided towns give a US vs Russia only mission? Trying to find the best way to set his up if possible.

In editor, you can place multiple side with playableUnits linked to the "side" logic.

You may have:

- 3 side playable: West, East and Resistance are playable, WFBE_DEFENDER (default resistance) hold the towns (The TOWN: Defender parameter can be disabled so that no units spawn there).

- 2 side playable: West vs East, West vs Res, East vs Res may be used, WFBE_DEFENDER hold the towns.

What need to be done for you is: Disabling the "TOWN: Defender" parameter, no units/defenses will spawn in towns for the defender. Divided towns will always give West vs East.

The whole mission is logic-based now (easier for compatibility between CO & VA).

I need a video of that spawn/despawn as i couldn't reproduce it.

I didn't witness HQ dissapearance, need more details.

Reproducing this will take sometime,but i will try to get something soon !

I still not understand why we play with 4km if game not working properly with even with 2km.Vehicle,infantry sliding and teleporting ,aa launchers failed for more than 2km and object drawing distance 2km as well.

I think you need set playable default setting with your next releases as 2km view distance and other setting which effect performance.I have 20 fps with my i7 930 with 4km on chernorus and >60 fps with 2km.

Also can anyone set 3d enabled with driver position on xr server please ?thanks in advance

when playing in LAN games (sometimes solo, sometimes with my roommate), the AI eventually seem to stop shooting for some reason. it happened to me again last night when playing on takistan. a couple of hours into a great game, the AI inexplicably stopped shooting at me. i can run circles around them shooting and simply will not react. does anyone else ever have this problem?

when playing in LAN games (sometimes solo, sometimes with my roommate), the AI eventually seem to stop shooting for some reason. it happened to me again last night when playing on takistan. a couple of hours into a great game, the AI inexplicably stopped shooting at me. i can run circles around them shooting and simply will not react. does anyone else ever have this problem?

Hi , wich version ?

version 2.071. i should say that i alt-tabbed out of the game for a few minutes and when i came back i had respawned at base, so i'm assuming they did eventually kill me. but i spent probably 3 or 4 minutes before that running around (and even among) a group of insurgents, shooting around their feet and whatnot, and they were ignoring me completely.

edit: i just did a quick test, resuming the same saved session from last night. approaching an enemy town, the AI gunner in my HMMWV was engaging as expected, though i'm not sure whether we were taking any fire ourselves. but advancing a bit further, a couple of enemy AI insurgents walked right in front of us and a friendly AI rifleman happened to move into the immediate area right then as well, and none of the AI fired a shot. the friendly AI rifleman and the two AI insurgents ran right past eachother while the gunner watched.

it's strange, because the fighting had been really intense until this happened out of nowhere.

Edited by HFTB

0.71 is the last stable one and everybody is playing it so you can have a lot of help here, but for my experience it sounds like you are hosting on the same computer and maybe your pc cant handle it .

Could be cool, whis this somehow could be combined with rydiegers HAC, especialy his big boss system :-)

Keep in mind that saving Benny s warfare and loading it again isnt working right now so strange things can happend .

Hi , why is everybody playing 0.71 right now instead of 0.73 ?

Later versions don't have support for all the islands.

As was already said, this is probably due to insufficient system resources. You should be running using a server and client.

edit: i just did a quick test, resuming the same saved session from last night.

Yes, as was said, this is probably your problem. WFBE needs to be run on the dedicated server with client connecting to it. This can be done on the same machine as long as you have at least 2 cores (see link above). Of course then you can only save by hibernating the computer. The server is actually very stable going into hibernation ... many other realtime applications just crash if they are hibernated. I'm currently testing a way to save games on a dedicated server by using an SQL server link.

I'm currently testing a way to save games on a dedicated server by using an SQL server link.

Excellent !!!! Keep us informed please .

In editor, you can place multiple side with playableUnits linked to the "side" logic.

You may have:

- 3 side playable: West, East and Resistance are playable, WFBE_DEFENDER (default resistance) hold the towns (The TOWN: Defender parameter can be disabled so that no units spawn there).

- 2 side playable: West vs East, West vs Res, East vs Res may be used, WFBE_DEFENDER hold the towns.

What need to be done for you is: Disabling the "TOWN: Defender" parameter, no units/defenses will spawn in towns for the defender. Divided towns will always give West vs East.

Awesome, thanks Benny :)