Yes, I found the Wiki. Thanks :).

I found some references to MySQL in WFBE scripts but does it support ArmA2 Persistent Database Scripts ?

This was done via clipboard handler in ArmA 2 itself :p, it's planned to be updated.

Aiming 073 release for this week :P

Aiming 073 release for this week :P

Enough suspens,few weeks and 71 will start scaring me as a number :D

Probably the longest WFBE release ever !

This was done via clipboard handler in ArmA 2 itself :p, it's planned to be updated.

Sounds good :). So can I use that to save a dedicated server game mid mission and then restart the entire thing later ? If so does anyone have a guide or details about how to do this ?

Sounds good :). So can I use that to save a dedicated server game mid mission and then restart the entire thing later ? If so does anyone have a guide or details about how to do this ?

I have wrote a way to save the town status to a database using ArmA2NET and ArmA2NET Mysql plugin, It does not at the moment support saving starting locations so I been using the start one army in the north and one in the south. It also does not save the buildings so the base has to be rebuilt every time you start.

I have versions for Takistan, Dingor, Lingor and Jade Groove islands, So if you want to try it, I can send you a copy with all of the required files and database formats

i recently downloaded this and have been playing solo via LAN games and i'm having trouble actually capturing towns. i'm able to capture the first camp i go into (the flag changes fairly quickly and i get a corresponding message) and i help the AI to clear the town of hostiles. the blue SV bar diminishes to 0 and turns green and begins to increase again and i receive a message saying we captured the town, but the town never turns green on the map and it often seems that i'm unable to capture more than one bunker.

any ideas as to what i'm missing or what might be wrong? thanks!

thanks again man. do you know if there is an ACE variant for this version? i'm about to give 0.71 a try right now but i noticed that i was previously using 0.69 w/ ACE (which i really want to use.)

edit: i could tell right away this was fixing at least one problem that i hadn't even noticed -- bounties had been enabled but they weren't being broadcasted or received. sure enough though, the first town captured turned green.

Edited by HFTB

The ACE variant comes in the next versions i think. For so long try out the one thats with the ACE mod. Its based on BE.

I have wrote a way to save the town status to a database using ArmA2NET and ArmA2NET Mysql plugin, It does not at the moment support saving starting locations so I been using the start one army in the north and one in the south. It also does not save the buildings so the base has to be rebuilt every time you start.

I have versions for Takistan, Dingor, Lingor and Jade Groove islands, So if you want to try it, I can send you a copy with all of the required files and database formats

Sounds good :). Yes send me the files. Ya never know maybe I can come up with some fixes for it.

Well i'm "slowly" ending 073, I'm heavily testing the AI delegation & new AI "town taking" part.

What's new?

- AI will use differents path to take a town.

- AI will try to secure camps if possible.

- AI won't leave the town immediatly after capture, they will perform SAD WP if enemies are to be found around.

- Base: HQ repair cost is doubled by it's base price for each repair.

- Base: Upon total base area destruction, base "defenses" and "props" will be removed after a while to improve client FPS.

- Bug: The Bisterious reinitialization bug shall be no more, each initialization file is now delayed by 1 second.

- Dedicated servers may use the AI delegation parameter. Town groups will be created on server and will be sent to clients for AI units creation thus removing some load from the server (more fps).

- Groups: Player may now hop in AI or other players group.

- Players AI will gain skill over kills.

- Town AI may use mortars if present in editor & synchronized to the town, mortar logic in editor may be placed more than once to "randomly" create mortars.

- Town AI mortars will mostly fire if you are spoted by the town defenses and if no town-friendly units are around.

- UI: Vote menu will now display only the players.

- Units: Countermeasures may now be: Enabled, Upgradeable or disabled.

- Units: Vehicle "self" destruction after being hit or disabled is now awarded to the last person who hit it.

- Upgrades: The upgrade menu has been reworked to be more editor-friendly & to be more advanced, each upgrade levels may be linked to other upgrades.

AI TL will undergo heavy changes in 074.

In the meanwhile I'd like to know what kind of "tactical" & "strategic" elements you'd like to see attached to towns (like mortars in upcomming 073), what's planned atm is:

- Reinforcements outposts, those will call reinforcement in the town (ASL). Some slot "skill" may allow you to "change" the reinforcement side, aka "seize".

situation 1 : ok you come to enemy town with 120 supply.You killed everyone.Can you make possibility take town within 5-10 seconds while you within radius if you alone or your ai alone.Instead of waiting minutes in empty town like now ?

situaltion 2:

You come to enemy town with let say 2 friendly ai or 2 players with you (may be tank or apc with crew).There is 1 enemy player in town,you kill that player - he spawn in next camp and kill you and your mates what ever.

Can you make possibilities to give spawn in towns camp only for team/players who got more forces nearby?

For example let say opfor have 3 players in town,bluefor 4 - so only bluefor can spawn in camps unless someone from opfor come and help them.This will be simulation of team work.

Edited by kotov12345

Does we really need these outposts?:p Why not they get reinforcements from next friendly town who is not under siege or so. Outposts = extra building/object on map? extra building/object= more traffic,more load... .....please save the recovered fps and don't sacrifice them so easily:)

Base & Towns is enough....No more FOB's xD

Does we really need these outposts?:p Why not they get reinforcements from next friendly town who is not under siege or so. Outposts = extra building/object on map? extra building/object= more traffic,more load... .....please save the recovered fps and don't sacrifice them so easily:)

+1000 - but I don't think they will be removed so makes more solutions to play.

Why adding disabled ? AA like IGLAA will follow a helicopter everywhere no matter what maneuvers you perform ...

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

In the meanwhile I'd like to know what kind of "tactical" & "strategic" elements you'd like to see attached to towns (like mortars in upcomming 073), what's planned atm is:

- Reinforcements outposts, those will call reinforcement in the town (ASL). Some slot "skill" may allow you to "change" the reinforcement side, aka "seize".

Add refuel and ammo truck to town depot please s owe can buy them there.

Make the bounty and points the same regardless your position in the town : i personally sometimes go clean last AIs in the surrounding of the town while a guy is hiding inside main camp ;i get 5 points and 350 $ and he gets 10 points and 800 $

In the meanwhile I'd like to know what kind of "tactical" & "strategic" elements you'd like to see attached to towns

A possibility I noticed for island maps is making it more strategically important to capture coastal towns that can be supplied by sea. If trucks are turned on then there could be a resupply boat as well. Ports have higher supply rate. Maybe another importance of ports would be ability to spawn large (destroyer?) ship if the port town is captured. I also had an idea for having large ships such as destroyers or aircraft carriers act as a roving "town" to add that extra joker card nautical element :).

situation 1 : ok you come to enemy town with 120 supply.You killed everyone.Can you make possibility take town within 5-10 seconds while you within radius if you alone or your ai alone.Instead of waiting minutes in empty town like now ?

situaltion 2:

You come to enemy town with let say 2 friendly ai or 2 players with you (may be tank or apc with crew).There is 1 enemy player in town,you kill that player - he spawn in next camp and kill you and your mates what ever.

Can you make possibilities to give spawn in towns camp only for team/players who got more forces nearby?

For example let say opfor have 3 players in town,bluefor 4 - so only bluefor can spawn in camps unless someone from opfor come and help them.This will be simulation of team work.

Sounds interesting, i'll add it to 074 (Army "Force" spawn).

It's just one structure with disabled simulation :p

Why adding disabled ? AA like IGLAA will follow a helicopter everywhere no matter what maneuvers you perform ...

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Make the bounty and points the same regardless your position in the town : i personally sometimes go clean last AIs in the surrounding of the town while a guy is hiding inside main camp ;i get 5 points and 350 $ and he gets 10 points and 800 $

It's a parameter :p

We'll see about ammo/refuel.

A possibility I noticed for island maps is making it more strategically important to capture coastal towns that can be supplied by sea. If trucks are turned on then there could be a resupply boat as well. Ports have higher supply rate. Maybe another importance of ports would be ability to spawn large (destroyer?) ship if the port town is captured. I also had an idea for having large ships such as destroyers or aircraft carriers act as a roving "town" to add that extra joker card nautical element :).

Would be tricky i think :p

That's a "feature" that would turn a strategic Warfare Simulaton game bck into a hump from town to town and never bother about Logistics since you can always refuel and rearm at any pile of rubble on the map.

Warfare is not about rushing the map, it about kepping supply lines running. In WWII most tanks were left behind simply because ther was no fuel and no ammo and even in Desert Storm the tanks could only "rush" 30km ahead of the refuel trucks because on the sandy groudn the M1 needed to refuel all 100 kilometers.

Warfare should be about logisti and actually HOLDING GROUND again not about rushing over the map no matter if the map goes red in your back.

Benny, I have a suggestion for the construction menu - either as commander or using the MVTR Repair Truck.

It would be great to have the ability to place (aka "float") heavy mg, mortars, tow, AA, sandbags and other fortifications on top of buildings.

And also the ability to make the half and full ladders to access building roofs, giving the advantage of constructing a small FOB on some of the highest buildings in a city I just took over!

Any chance 73 or 74 will take advantage of the new 1.62 public variable functions publicVaribleClient/publicVariableServer? Have you had the chance to analyze the impact of these new functions on performance? Seems like these could make a huge difference...

Any chance 73 or 74 will take advantage of the new 1.62 public variable functions publicVaribleClient/publicVariableServer? Have you had the chance to analyze the impact of these new functions on performance? Seems like these could make a huge difference...

Ok..should have read 73 task list first.. Heh. I see this mentioned as implemented in 73. Can't wait to try it out.. :).

That's a "feature" that would turn a strategic Warfare Simulaton game bck into a hump from town to town and never bother about Logistics since you can always refuel and rearm at any pile of rubble on the map.

Warfare is not about rushing the map, it about kepping supply lines running. In WWII most tanks were left behind simply because ther was no fuel and no ammo and even in Desert Storm the tanks could only "rush" 30km ahead of the refuel trucks because on the sandy groudn the M1 needed to refuel all 100 kilometers.

Warfare should be about logisti and actually HOLDING GROUND again not about rushing over the map no matter if the map goes red in your back.

I agree that it would make logistic useless.

Benny, I have a suggestion for the construction menu - either as commander or using the MVTR Repair Truck.

It would be great to have the ability to place (aka "float") heavy mg, mortars, tow, AA, sandbags and other fortifications on top of buildings.

And also the ability to make the half and full ladders to access building roofs, giving the advantage of constructing a small FOB on some of the highest buildings in a city I just took over!

Ahh the long awaited feature :)

It's quite tricky to do it since you could easily glitch in/out some defenses. Maybe some building "room" will be pre defined so that you can stick defenses on it.

Already done, it helps a bit since there is less to sync over JIP. The only thing that bother me is that the "owner" command only works for the server (client to client is quite impractical since you need to know the target client ID, only the server knows it)

is it possible to edit these missions so that the parameters will default to my own personal preferences? a particular file one can edit after unpacking the mission?

Agree. The parameters should always allow setting up a more realistic game.

Would be tricky i think :p

Could be. I'm looking into this myself. What issues did you encounter ? As far as I can tell a boat is just another vehicle. The AI appear to be able to use boats as effectively as land vehicles. There are some issues with larger boats but as always there are always work-arounds or compromises that can be used. How do you spawn aircraft at the airports ? Does that just use a X/Y location ? There could be two towns on each map. Each with one of the larger docks with the deepest water. the upgrade tree could have a ship yard factory that allows large ships to be spawned right by the dock (a'la airport, X/Y spawn location ?). Other ports would require a spawn further out in deeper water. Smaller boats could be provided to allow travel out to the ship. Ships with artillery would be linked into the tactical artillery system. How about all that for creating more strategic and tactical possibilities ? Hello USMarineC ?

is it possible to edit these missions so that the parameters will default to my own personal preferences? a particular file one can edit after unpacking the mission?

You may edit Rsc\Parameters.hpp

Agree. The parameters should always allow setting up a more realistic game.

Could be. I'm looking into this myself. What issues did you encounter ? As far as I can tell a boat is just another vehicle. The AI appear to be able to use boats as effectively as land vehicles. There are some issues with larger boats but as always there are always work-arounds or compromises that can be used. How do you spawn aircraft at the airports ? Does that just use a X/Y location ? There could be two towns on each map. Each with one of the larger docks with the deepest water. the upgrade tree could have a ship yard factory that allows large ships to be spawned right by the dock (a'la airport, X/Y spawn location ?). Other ports would require a spawn further out in deeper water. Smaller boats could be provided to allow travel out to the ship. Ships with artillery would be linked into the tactical artillery system. How about all that for creating more strategic and tactical possibilities ? Hello USMarineC ?

I didn't encounter any issues as I havn't tried it yet but having it AI controlled will be tricky (map-wise).

Aircraft are spawned using modelToWorld.

Destroyer model can be used for different purposes but it can't bsed used everywhere (cf takistan lake)