note: generally in real-world 24ppl is DEFAULT squad size.

also AI's-managed big team open possibility/meaning of "mixed type" of units. for example "AA armor and Tanks" or "Aircrafts and motorized infantry" or "dismounted recon and tanks" and other[possibly wicked/weird]combos you can name/pick.

in [future]times of "newly released" Arma3 i guess actually CPU's from iNtel become Haswell chips, not IB.

point is, there is enough $70 or $95 four-core CPU's to play Arma2.

talking about Arma3 btw, is basically off-topic and it was become, i hope/suppose/expect, WAY more GPU-hungry , as most DirectX10/DirectX11-games/appz are, for good reason[they CAN saturate/utilise them/GPU's BETTER].

generally is MORE players - MORE fun on server.

key is HOW to keep them RETAIN reliably smooth gameplay, during increased server stress :[ i glad to see Benny working on it too, noticing fun 4om it.

also some servers hosted on inadequate[to Arma2 server demands]bandwidth ISP's :[

Edited by BasileyOne

The bottlenecking element remain the AI, multithreaded AI would help alot.

The thing with AI delegation is, you can remove some CPU load from the server but you have to be carefull not to overload the client bandwidth, it's a constant balance :)

Remember. First rule of the battlefield. Never rush into battle. The simulation will be with you ... always.

You mean like TAB+Click, quick-scoping with SVD and not getting tired after running 10 km, while carrying a SMAW, M107 and a UZI with 2 satchels? :D Yeah, simulation. :o :cool:

Benny!! Simulation, pls. Hope there are no Tunguskas in ArmA III. :p

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin
Typo

Hope there are no Tunguskas in ArmA III. :p
lol what is wrong with tunguska :) it is bugged exact same way as all units :) There a lot of players(dot'n want to put names here :) ) found how to rid off from annoying Tunguska missiles.Once I'm firing rockets from 2 tunguska (mine and my squad ai )to target around 2km from me with clear view not close to ground or behind the hills and been killed enemy chopper was not even damaged.I waste all rockets and my ai 2.This player only have slight desync.

lol what is wrong with tunguska :) it is bugged exact same way as all units :) There a lot of players(dot'n want to put names here :) ) found how to rid off from annoying Tunguska missiles.

Haha, well without exploiting, everything was, is and will be wrong with the Tunguska. Remember vanilla ArmA II on release? No aircraft counter-measure flares - ROFL and even in Op Arrowhead the hit rate is still 99% via TAB+click at 6 km range. :P

Ahhh i've just finished town AI mortar squads, the thing is quite nasty :D

They have random placement with random setup (2 to 3 mortars... & props) and are quite smart, this shall make things challenging in some towns.

So far AI delegation seems to be working, i'm currently debbuging the AI wanderers.

They have random placement with random setup (2 to 3 mortars... & props) and are quite smart, this shall make things challenging in some towns.

Is that per town spawn, or global one-time only? :D

Now I've got a decent performing AI game going I got to buying a Jet. I already bought a C130 which appeared at the airport, but this jet appeared in the middle of the HQ base. I ordered a heavy lift helicopter and issued an attach command but the AI would not heavy lift it and just flew over me. Guess I should have ordered a Harrier and he'll just go lift up straight off the base ? I forget the name of the jet but it was a short take off fighter. Is there any way to make the jets spawn at the airport, or failing that what is the sequence to heavy lift them ?

Is that per town spawn, or global one-time only? :D

It's logics placed within the editor, only a few towns :)

Now I've got a decent performing AI game going I got to buying a Jet. I already bought a C130 which appeared at the airport, but this jet appeared in the middle of the HQ base. I ordered a heavy lift helicopter and issued an attach command but the AI would not heavy lift it and just flew over me. Guess I should have ordered a Harrier and he'll just go lift up straight off the base ? I forget the name of the jet but it was a short take off fighter. Is there any way to make the jets spawn at the airport, or failing that what is the sequence to heavy lift them ?

You cannot airlift other choppers/jets. You can purchase jets at airport or airfactory.

You cannot airlift other choppers/jets. You can purchase jets at airport or airfactory.

I purchased using the tactical menu, although I was near the HQ. I was expecting the aircraft to spawn at the nearest airport, not the HQ. I'll try buying another jet at the airport (when I've made 90,000 again). It's a little confusing as the Aircraft Icon comes up at the airport but only contains the C130 and A-10.

I purchased using the tactical menu, although I was near the HQ. I was expecting the aircraft to spawn at the nearest airport, not the HQ.

By HQ, you mean the air factory, right? You can't remotely purchase aircraft at the hangar/airport, you need to be within range of the hangar to get the option. AFAIR

btw, ferrying purchased stuff[both by landing from chopper or para-drop, depend chosen option/price and upgrades and SITREP]could be nice feature =)

by independent HQ unit. arcade[and ULTRA-expensive]"teleport delivery" could b used after appropriate upgrade too[but i feel most players prefer keep that turned off in mission options ;].

remote minefield [filled http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?74039-Arma-2-Addon-request-thread&p=2226098&viewfull=1#post2226098 request, btw] support from tactical menu could b cool too in one or another form. it could potentially kill/affect fun so it WOULD be expensive to use, and to reduce DUD-rate/over-exploitation, all mines SHOULD have self-destruct timer within[30min, 40min ? not anymore, i feel 10min in my IMO was optimal peak],chosen upon/before deployment.

AI units would enjoy their [re-charged with cool-down was in MOO project]"special abilities", for example, miners could unleash, ambient attack dogs from nowhere, and reveal mines for them in case if there is no threats/gunfire, that disappear outside attacked town after assault and combat medics can spawn field hospital for 5 minutes, of lifetime upon radio-requests of other teams of AI's[or player], recon team - can send SITREP to THQ/commander nor call different level of support from commander, regarding of their [accumulated during actions/warfare]experience points, unlocking automatically some extra-abilities for units.

would be also nice to have APS for armor in upgrades tree :-)

its kinda unfair/unrealistic to had ONLY ECM stuff for aircraft's -)

also could be nice to have [toggleable, aswell as APS, in units purchase UI, along with crew choice, buttons. for high price, of course] "improved ERA" uprage, could be handy too. cuz moving from Kontakt-1 to Kontakt-5 can had some difference in real-life, as well as toward Relict ERA too, which can be combined with external Kontakt-5 too, btw :-] further combined with APS Arena-M and further backed by Shtora jammer, it can make[along with decent armor and high mobility and signatures reduction improvements, constantly underway in all countries]modern tanks NOTABLY harder targets ;-)

Also AI's smoke usage, triggered by [upgradeable]ATGM detection could be nice side-feature for both armor and light vehicles too, btw. i always wonder why vehicles AI's was NEVER use smoke in Arma2 :[ maybe lack of impact on gameplay, make developers to forget to bother about[instead of fixing that]? :/

Edited by BasileyOne

Is this actually only for resistance or also for defending BLUFOR or OPFOR?

Is this actually only for resistance or also for defending BLUFOR or OPFOR?

Mortars and artillery have always been available to players. Purchase a Repair truck, then use the Construction menu of this truck to place a mortar, then recruit an infantry unit from barracks and tell him to mount it. Firing missions will become available in one of the tactical menus. :)

Edit: I'm derp. :( By defending you meant player-held towns with AI. Well, if Benny specifically mentioned Resistance, then it only applies to them.

Edit: I'm derp. :( By defending you meant player-held towns with AI. Well, if Benny specifically mentioned Resistance, then it only applies to them.

yes, exactly, that's what I meant :)

I think I saw somewhere earlier that resistance only, but not sure and perhaps plans have anyway changed by now, so therefore I asked. I feel that WBE lacks a bit the power of AI controlled indirect fire, though player controlled can be sometimes even too devastating...

Mortars and artillery have always been available to players. Purchase a Repair truck, then use the Construction menu of this truck to place a mortar, then recruit an infantry unit from barracks and tell him to mount it. Firing missions will become available in one of the tactical menus. :)

yes, exactly, that's what I meant :)

I think I saw somewhere earlier that resistance only, but not sure and perhaps plans have anyway changed by now, so therefore I asked. I feel that WBE lacks a bit the power of AI controlled indirect fire, though player controlled can be sometimes even too devastating...

It apply to all sides :)

What's the spawning distance from towns, or is that a seekrit? We'll figure it out. :p

You'll figure it out :)

074 Will have alot more of those elements, some town will have specific assets linked to them like outposts (which can call in different reinforcement). I'll also try to make some kind of High Command from scratch to lead your army as commander and lead your AI as Team Leader.

Does AI manning of positions work in 071 ? I never get soldiers in the positions even with "auto ai" in in the repair truck construction menu. I tried creating a few near the HQ within 450 meters (the manning radius) but still did not get any auto manning of positions.

BTW I invite anyone to send me (via PM) ideas, tactics or procedures for Warfare BE that I could include in a full guide (see my current guide which is linked through my sig image).

By HQ, you mean the air factory, right? You can't remotely purchase aircraft at the hangar/airport, you need to be within range of the hangar to get the option. AFAIR

Thanks I'll try that.

Does AI manning of positions work in 071 ? I never get soldiers in the positions even with "auto ai" in in the repair truck construction menu. I tried creating a few near the HQ within 450 meters (the manning radius) but still did not get any auto manning of positions.

BTW I invite anyone to send me (via PM) ideas, tactics or procedures for Warfare BE that I could include in a full guide (see my current guide which is linked through my sig image).

Thanks I'll try that.

Hey DJ , thats an incredible contribution to the warfare BE comunity. Thanks !

You can read some great arma2 tactics here http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

Edited by Nec

Hey DJ , thats an incredible contribution to the warfare BE comunity. Thanks !

You can read some great arma2 tactics here http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

Thanks ! Yes, the legendary Dslyecxi :). My guide needs a few more screen shots and I want to go through an introduction to WFBE that explains what's going on, goes through setting the parameters and many of the approaches to AI management that I found myself guessing a lot of the time. Not that it has not been a huge amount of fun learning but it's sort of a trial by fire or being thrown in at the deep end when there is not full documentation to refer to.

...introduction to WFBE that explains what's going on, goes through setting the parameters and many of the approaches to AI management...

Have you checked WFBE wiki already (of course you have)? In case you haven't there is a quite nice summary of parameters etc. Sgt.3agle3ye also wrote a WFBE tutorial few years ago, perhaps that tut could provide some bread too? Anyway, as Nec said already, very good contribution to this unique community! Thanks pal!